Presidential queston

caz

Reaction score
When president retired can they go back become congressman or ceniter some active goverment work

They would have to elected to congress, but as far as I know there's no restrictions what they can do. They could even run for president in 4 years.

I know they keep the same pay for life after they leave office, why would they want to continue working? They hit the jackpot after playing with the sheeps for4 years.

When president retired can they go back become congressman or ceniter some active goverment work

yes. of course.

Obama will be staying in DC after presidency and there is a rumor that he will go for Supreme Court seat. not the first time this had happened in the past... President Taft

Thank but if HC got in would there be clash of ideas if Bill decided do something in politics would be ethical

Thank but if HC got in would there be clash of ideas if Bill decided do something in politics would be ethical

I don't think so, don't believe there are any laws as such. Bill will be more interested in standing right by Hillary's side and giving her advice should she become president. I see her telling him, "get out of my face, Bill, and find something to do, this is all mine"! :laugh2:

there's a club for POTUS. it's not uncommon for President to seek advice from former President. Bill knows better enough not to cause a clash of ideas.

I use have vision of him sitting on her office desk I won't follow that thought through..I don't know how Obama going to get all his ideas in before he goes 4years not long enough.When will next one be nominated

Is America ready for a woman.

sure why not (but I don't like Hillary)? look at South Korea.... the first female President - Geun-Hye Park. from what my parents told me (they live in Korea)... she's not too bad but they don't like her.

She is a daughter of the former South Korean President who was assassinated by military coup d'état back in 1979. Although his father was a "dictator" with iron fist... he did a lot of great things for Korea and laid a foundation that made it what it is now.... a powerful and wealthy country in Asia.

Frustrated with weak military response (NK artillery bombardment of Yeonpyeong Island) and plague of corruptions by President (former CEO of Hyundai), Geun-Hye Park capitalized on it with "Make Korea Great Again!" campaign and to bring back the glory from her father's time. She has a rather extreme rightist view with a touch of military dogma. that's all I know.

I use have vision of him sitting on her office desk I won't follow that thought through..I don't know how Obama going to get all his ideas in before he goes 4years not long enough.
Obama had 8 years.

When will next one be nominated
the Presidential election is on November.

Obama go back to Chicago where he still own a house and where his new president museum will be. It will be run by NARA.
the new president will be inaugurated on Friday 1/20/17. A day off for feds in the DMV area.

They would have to elected to congress, but as far as I know there's no restrictions what they can do. They could even run for president in 4 years.
If they've already served two terms they can't run for President again.

Presidential retirement benefits were non-existent until the enactment of the Former Presidents Act (FPA) in 1958. Since then, presidential retirement benefits have included a lifetime annual pension, staff and office allowances, travel expenses, Secret Service protection and more.

Pension
Former presidents are offered a taxable lifetime pension equal to the annual rate of basic pay for the heads of executive branch departments, like the Cabinet Secretaries.

This amount is set annually by Congress and is currently (in 2014) $$201,700 per year. The pension starts the minute the president officially leaves office at noon on Inauguration Day. Widows of former presidents are provided with a $20,000 annual lifetime pension and mailing privileges, unless they choose to waive their right to the pension.

In 1974, the Justice Department ruled that presidents who resign from office before their official terms of office expire are entitled to the same lifetime pension and benefits extended to other former presidents. However, presidents who are removed from office due to impeachment forfeit all benefits....

More:

Presidential Retirement

I use have vision of him sitting on her office desk I won't follow that thought through..I don't know how Obama going to get all his ideas in before he goes 4years not long enough.When will next one be nominated

Obama had seven years to get all his ideas in, and he has one more year left.

Back