Pre-school teacher to deaf, mute and hard of hearing

Feel free to share here everyone is welcome.

Feel free to inbox me or ask here.
Would you suggest if im 10creds away from my associates finishing that and look for work in schools for the D/deaf and hard of hearing for early childhood while working on my bachelor 's or should i just finish working towards my bachelors to become a Teacher of the Deaf instead? Would it br wise in order to strengthen my own ASL skills and place/ understanding Deaf culture and community as a HOH and aspiring grade school teacher of the D/deaf and Hard of Hearing.

Would you suggest if im 10creds away from my associates finishing that and look for work in schools for the D/deaf and hard of hearing for early childhood while working on my bachelor 's or should i just finish working towards my bachelors to become a Teacher of the Deaf instead? Would it br wise in order to strengthen my own ASL skills and place/ understanding Deaf culture and community as a HOH and aspiring grade school teacher of the D/deaf and Hard of Hearing.
If you want to be a teacher you must have a bachelor's at a minimum. In my area, you aren't competitive without a Master's. Your program should give you a number of opportunities, through practicums and student teaching, to work with students, in a variety of settings.

Have you worked with children before? Do you know that you can handle it/are good at it?

I have worked with children before. I do know that i can handle it well, If i'm correct i believe with an early childhood if you have a associates you are able to help in school or at least be an assistant.

Yes... I think you can be an aide or a paraprofessional in a classroom with just an AA degree. I think I mentioned that my friend has done that with her BA degree in Childhood Development.

Even so.. try for it anyway- you never know. An MA isn't all that- it's the experience that matters (in my humble opinion- I know people who DON'T have a college degree and did quite well for themselves).

I have worked with children before. I do know that i can handle it well, If i'm correct i believe with an early childhood if you have a associates you are able to help in school or at least be an assistant.
The biggest thing you learn in undergrad and grad school is language development and the IEP process. You need to be able to use strategies to facilitate language development, especially specific language targets, with children with hearing loss. You also need to be able to take data, choose goals, both academic and in various parts of language, and case manage your students on IEPs.

Could you work in a school that serves students with hearing loss as a paraprofessional? Probably. Is that what you want to do or do you want to be a teacher?

I think maybe the idea is to work as a paraprofessional while completing a higher degree by taking part time classes.

The biggest thing you learn in undergrad and grad school is language development and the IEP process. You need to be able to use strategies to facilitate language development, especially specific language targets, with children with hearing loss. You also need to be able to take data, choose goals, both academic and in various parts of language, and case manage your students on IEPs.

Could you work in a school that serves students with hearing loss as a paraprofessional? Probably. Is that what you want to do or do you want to be a teacher?
I want to teach It's been my goal.

It should only take an additional two years to finish your Bachelor's after your Associates. Is there a program near you?
Yes, Bloomsburg college here in pa. I guess i figure if i finish do my associate first i can work in a school assisting and then continue doing my bachelors work only because i want the experience and the chance to learn before being a lead teacher.

Yes, Bloomsburg college. You're right i just thought if i just finish my associates first i can be an assistant and get more experience before finishing my bachelor's and going right in as a teacher.

Yes, Bloomsburg college. You're right i just thought if i just finish my associates first i can be an assistant and get more experience before finishing my bachelor's and going right in as a teacher.
You would have to eventually quit when you start your practicums and student teaching. It looks like your program requires one 5 full day (half deaf ed and half ECE), one 2 day (all ECE), one 3 day (all Deaf ed), and a 9 week and 15 week placement. You can't work and do these at the same time.

mute isn't something we identify with, Deaf is good, some like Hoh, 'hearing loss' is a misnomer, i am not going to be finding it anywhere, hell, i ain't even looking :)
anywho, hola!

Bloomsburg? I applied there many moons ago (along with Gallaudet and 2 other colleges). Nice school if I remember and I may have looked at them for the education program- I think I was accepted to all 4...my memory fails me though...

I am deaf and a retired teacher who worked in both mainstreamed and residential programs. I am willing to state what I believe but prefer to communicate through private mail.
azjudy

Back