Post your gas prices Part II

$2.55 regular.

It is going up here.. between $3 to $3.50 around the Bay Area. It looks like $4 a gallon is coming back in California by the time summer gets here.

Last edited:
Pickup trucks can definitely be expensive to fill due to its huge tank compared to the smaller vehicles. We have a truck that is used for the small business. We've recently installed Fass fuel pump to the truck which transfers the fuel from the tank, up to the engine’s injection system. You can improve the gas mileage by1 to 2% by using the recommended grade of motor oil by your vehicle manufacturer. For example, using 10W-30 motor oil in an engine designed to use 5W-30 can lower your gas mileage up to 2%. The thicker the oil, the harder it will be for the pump. This adds to parasitic horsepower loses.

For example, using 10W-30 motor oil in an engine designed to use 5W-30 can lower your gas mileage up to 2%. The thicker the oil, the harder it will be for the pump. This adds to parasitic horsepower loses.

You got it backwards, 5w-30 is thinner than 10w-30. Also the 5w is for when it's cold - the 30 is for when engine is warmed up. I wouldn't recommend using oil that the manual doesn't call for due to damaging the engine which would negate the savings in gas, however if you are wanting to save gas, you want the Xw-20 or lower.

You got it backwards, 5w-30 is thinner than 10w-30. Also the 5w is for when it's cold - the 30 is for when engine is warmed up. I wouldn't recommend using oil that the manual doesn't call for due to damaging the engine which would negate the savings in gas, however if you are wanting to save gas, you want the Xw-20 or lower.

Agreed, use the recommendations by the owners manual for the long life of your engine performance.

It's getting close to $4 in San Francisco. Here where I am is at $3.39 at Shell.

2.89 at the 7-11 across the street from my class here in SLC Utah. No idea what it is back in NC.

Oh and that went UP by at least 40-50 cents since I've been here beginning of February.

Back