Post your gas prices Part II

Zooming up to $2.40. :(

Zooming up to $2.40. :(

It has gone up here too, I have not fill my tank yet but probably will at the end of the week or early next week.

Forgot to post gas price... I refilled my SUV the other night and the pice was $3.35 at Shell. I managed to get 29-30mpg with my new SUV. :)

It's already expensive to live in CA, but it just got a little more expensive with more to follow. Since the 20 cent per gallon gas tax increase took effect on 11/1/17 diesel didn't just go up by 20 cents! They tacked on an additional 5 cent "cap and trade" fee, + sales tax, yes sales tax added to the 25 cents, so an additional 3 cents and then the suppliers or stations added on their increase and you now have diesel going for 50 cents more than it was on 10/31, so what was $2.80 is now $3.31 per gallon. The big problem with the increase is that everything else in the state will soon be going up, because the truckers who use diesel trucks won't just be eating this additional cost but will now pass on the added cost to the people they deliver to, who will then double it and the next person will follow suit and so on. It's too bad we have these elected officials who are so good at passing taxes who can't see the forest through the trees!

It was $2.45 today. Wish it would come down a bit as we'd been seeing lower $2.00+ prices for quite a while.

Not much of a difference all year, it’s been stable at $2.20’s give or take 10 cents.

$3.09 for 87 I use 91 so it is $3.29, good thing I dont own a SUV or pick up truck .

$3.09 for 87 I use 91 so it is $3.29, good thing I don't own a SUV or pick up truck .

Why are you using the higher octane? I have seen it repeated many times over the years that there is no advantage in doing so unless your owner's manual says that your vehicle needs it.

Why are you using the higher octane? I have seen it repeated many times over the years that there is no advantage in doing so unless your owner's manual says that your vehicle needs it.

I'm sure he knows that.. but it is his money, not yours. People have a choice which brand of fuel they want to buy for their cars even though the owner manual probably says "Minimum of 87 octane" or "recommends 87 octane" but the choice is up to the customer on what they want to buy, there is no harm in putting either 87 or 91 octane in the tank... the only harm is the wallet.

I'm sure he knows that.. but it is his money, not yours. People have a choice which brand of fuel they want to buy for their cars even though the owner manual probably says "Minimum of 87 octane" or "recommends 87 octane" but the choice is up to the customer on what they want to buy, there is no harm in putting either 87 or 91 octane in the tank... the only harm is the wallet.

I know all that but think again. All I did was ask him why and went all to say why I was questioning his choice.

I know all that but think again. All I did was ask him why and went all to say why I was questioning his choice.
You think again. Your posts, many of them, come across as if you don't think others are smart enough to think for themselves. You post above does not sound like a casual "just wondering why you choose to use a higher octane".

If I recall in the "Show us your cars" thread, he has a 2015 VW Golf and some recommends premium fuel for it.

Also some turbocharged engine uses premium to boost a little HP at higher RPM compared to regular. It helps reduce turbo lag at higher RPM.

I don't know Authentic's driving habits etc but some people do go with the higher octane too if they travel or drive a lot more than the average person on a regular basis.

I'm sure he did check out his manual or did research on it for what is the best means to allow for his car to last longer.

Last I saw it's somewhere around 2.39 here.. (about right as it's typically 10-15 cents higher than SC (bouncing off of Reba's numbers).

At a local Shell gas station, it's 3.04 for premium gas. Before someone jumps in and "question" me why am I using premium gas... My car is the 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack which requires premium gas. So, yes, I know it before I purchase it, and don't regret it ever since! :)

I don't know Authentic's driving habits etc but some people do go with the higher octane too if they travel or drive a lot more than the average person on a regular basis.

I'm sure he did check out his manual or did research on it for what is the best means to allow for his car to last longer.

Last I saw it's somewhere around 2.39 here.. (about right as it's typically 10-15 cents higher than SC (bouncing off of Reba's numbers).

Still wasted their money believing premium gas would somehow help out with their vehicles' MPG performance regardless how often they drive or travel. They should stick with their recommended octane based on their manuals. http://gasprices.aaa.com/premium-fuel-research/

Whether people waste money on premium gas is their choice and money. That's anyone's opinions.

The owners manual for my new SUV said "recommended regular unleaded with 87 octane or higher. So that means premium is OK. Since my SUV is turbocharged, it boosts hp a little at high rpm using premium. Do I really need it? No, I don't need to floor the pedal to do this, regular gas will do just fine. If I want to put premium in the tank, it's my choice. No one needs to criticize saying it's a waste of money. It's a choice people make, why worry about it?

Nothing's wrong with educating the others, and it's still their choices to run on premium gas if they wish. You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am with mine.

$2.35. Welcome to Detroit. :/

(Not to jump off topic, just read all the low prices and got pretty bummed lol)

Back