Post your gas prices Part II

Seen as much as $1.25 difference within 5 miles apart, its because that place that paid fuel at old, higher price, they dont want lose money by selling less than paid for.

Its more common with Diesel than Gas, thats due to some locations not selling Diesel as good as other thus forcing reseller trying to recapture the losses.

I am willing go distance if the price is good, I got 44 gallon tank, so its at my advantage. If it cost 10 cents cheaper, Id save 4.40 a gal, but if I see a dollar difference thats 44 dollars right there.

I also think it has to do with when the gas station buys it's gas from the supplier. Station A might have bought his gas on Monday at $$$ while Station B bought is on Tuesday at $$ after the price dropped, even if from the same supplier.

But what Reba says is also true - being near an interstate. And those gas stations at rest areas on interstates are always higher. I think that's as much to do with how much they (the stations) pay to be at those location as well as "captive" audience.

I also see it as the fact that it cost more to make more stops and fill different stations while the country you have to only make a few stops thus less cost of time and materials... But the price is also higher because people will pay more in cities rather than in rural areas...

I also think it has to do with when the gas station buys it's gas from the supplier. Station A might have bought his gas on Monday at $$$ while Station B bought is on Tuesday at $$ after the price dropped, even if from the same supplier.

But what Reba says is also true - being near an interstate. And those gas stations at rest areas on interstates are always higher. I think that's as much to do with how much they (the stations) pay to be at those location as well as "captive" audience.

Yes, its what happens to private gas stations.

Saw one at $1.97 a gallon at Safeway today.

Paid under $1.70 yesterday. Some places are still over that.

Saw $1.93...paid $1.99 last fill up. These kow prices are crazy.. Love it.

Some gas stations now offer a buck a gal.

Woot! This summer is going to be one of cheapest fuel for summer travel and vacations.

Today was $1.44. Great price, but that sucks because less than 24 hours ago at the same place I paid $1.59.

It has gone up here. Was $1.99 a week ago at Safeway, now at $2.07. Shell prices is at $2.49.

Summer blend fuel should be here now to boost MPG a bit.

1.95 here. Lowest was $1.49 few weeks ago. We have hyvee gas and perks card, so we can get discount on gas whenever we buy some food that offers discount on gas. So far we earned $1.06 a gallon off. We need to use it up soon.

Will go up as I noticed the trend is starting to reverse and going to go up... Summer season is around corner and I don't predict radical increase on fuel price. Looking forward RVing this coming summer, planning on burn around 750 gallon of Diesel in just a month.

We are in Roseburg, OR and we paid $1.83 the other day......

56 cents a gallon.

That's with hyvee gas discount if we were to pay the gas today with $1.36 off.

When I was on the road trip in the past 2 weeks, most of my pit stops were around $2 a gallon, with the cheapest I filled up was $1.99 a gallon in Oklahoma.

Back