Post christmas mall brawls

Which one of these Trump actions are making the world crazy and mall brawls?

Encouraging (and succeeding in) companies keeping or bringing back jobs for America.

Supporting Israel.

Cutting the cost of building new Air Force One aircraft.

Influencing a positive new high on the stock market numbers.

Setting up a diverse cabinet, staff and other administration positions.

I'm not a Trump fan but I don't see how he is causing world craziness and mall brawls.

His cabinet is NOT diverse. 90% full of white billionaires.

Stock market numbers are going down. Besides one of his tweets caused Lockeed Martin's stock to crumble. Not nice.

Israel's prime minister is now under investigation for bribery and fraud. Something seems off. Besides Obama has always given support to Israel until now.

That Carrier deal was a lie. That was Pence's doing but the taxpayers of Indiana has to pay Carrier 7 million dollars just for keeping half of the jobs in while some are still going to Mexico. Doesnt sound so great.

Besides,,,why is his daughter's clothing line still being manufactured oversees if he is so big on bringing jobs back to America? Doesnt make sense.

Most of all what I despite about him...his history of being racist and then those comments about grabbing women by their p***. Not presidential worthy.

Feel none of the candidates were "worthy"...maybe with the exception of Bernie...then again, the media would find something bad about him too....Feel he would have had a superb chance to win, so many fans....really strange he didn't get the nomination ???...Anyhow, we've got 4 years to go...Faith and hope seems to be the "key"....Don't feel all those "promises" will be kept tho'....he's already back-tracking on some.

His cabinet is NOT diverse. 90% full of white billionaires.
There are 26 appointees named, so far. About 90% would be 23-24 of them. That many are NOT billionaires. For those who are billionaires, what's wrong with that? That shows that they are successful in what they do. Do you want poor, unemployed people with no financial management skills serving in those positions? Also, finally a group not top-heavy with lawyers.

They aren't all old white rich men. His appointees include five women. They include one Asian, one Indian, and one black person. Five military veterans are included. As for "old"--that's a matter of perspective.

Stock market numbers are going down. Besides one of his tweets caused Lockeed Martin's stock to crumble. Not nice.
"Donald Trump has been very good for the stock market so far.
Expect the 'Trump rally' to keep going in 2017. At least that's what major Wall Street banks predict for U.S. stocks next year...."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/13/investing/stock-market-2017/

When Lockheed's stock went down, Boeing's went up. Trump wants to get more bang for the taxpayers' buck by encouraging competitive bidding for defense contracts. If Lockheed has been over charging, then they need to re-evaluate what they've been doing.

Israel's prime minister is now under investigation for bribery and fraud. Something seems off. Besides Obama has always given support to Israel until now.
Obama has never been a supporter of Israel beyond what he was required to do. He and Netanyahu have not seen eye-to-eye (literally). Obama tried to interfere with Israel's election of Netanyahu.

Yes, he is under investigation. He denies the charges and awaits the conclusion of the investigation. Charges aren't the same as convictions. At least, that's what Hillary's supporters said, so that should apply to Netanyahu, too.

That Carrier deal was a lie. That was Pence's doing but the taxpayers of Indiana has to pay Carrier 7 million dollars just for keeping half of the jobs in while some are still going to Mexico. Doesnt sound so great.
Trump should have been more conscientious of fact-checking the Carrier deal. That doesn't make it an intentional lie that would cause mall brawling.

On the following, we'll have to wait and see:

"President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday took credit for Sprint's decision to keep 5,000 jobs in the United States, as well as OneWeb's plan to add 3,000 jobs in the U.S."

In general, Trump says that his goal is to put more focus on American jobs, which gives an overall more positive outlook. Positive outlooks don't cause mall brawls.

Besides,,,why is his daughter's clothing line still being manufactured oversees if he is so big on bringing jobs back to America? Doesnt make sense.
Her clothing line is manufactured where it's cheaper to be done. Yes, she should bring back all those minimum-wage jobs to America. It would be better though, for our workers, to bring back more skilled-labor jobs for workers who want to earn more than minimum wage all their lives. Either way, I doubt the mall brawlers care about that.

Most of all what I despite about him...his history of being racist and then those comments about grabbing women by their p***. Not presidential worthy.
It's your right to despise anyone you want for whatever reason. Feelings are one thing, and rational conclusions are another. As much as you despise Trump, that doesn't mean every bad thing that happens in America is his fault.

Same with Obama. I don't have anything against him as a human being, husband or father, but I don't like him as President. He's responsible for a lot of wrong decisions and actions. I have never hated him or wished him ill. I just wanted him to either change or get out of the Oval Office. Well, neither thing happened, so I just bore it. I ignored conspiracy theories and rumors about him. Even though these nonsense mall brawls happened during his watch, I don't believe they have anything to do with him either.

Trump wasn't my choice for candidate but I don't blame him for everything that happens.

I don't blame on Obama for being done with Israel and he wants conflict between Israel and Palestine to resolve with pre-1967 border. Netanyahu recharged with nasty during election campaign that caused him to win the election. Those problems contributed to tension between Israel and Muslim countries. Lebanon went into war for decades.

Due to those tension, it is likely for Iran and Muslim countries to go after Israel and destroy this country as they can. All of those contributed to unstable in the Middle East.

I don't care about Israel anymore and I feel bad for people who didn't vote for Netanyahu. I do want my country to withdraw all funds that they funded Israel and tell Israel to be on own for defense. I don't want to see more unstable in the Middle East and already enough with too many civil wars.

On separate issue, speaking about Trump, he ran a ugly campaign that divide us up, that's partially contributed to mall brawl, also unstable relationship with police officers are big part. If Trump had run the clean campaign so he won't partially responsible for those problems. You will continue to see brawls and riots under Trump Admin as y'all did under Obama Admin until local issues like police officers are addressed. The police recruitment is down as well.

There are 26 appointees named, so far. About 90% would be 23-24 of them. That many are NOT billionaires. For those who are billionaires, what's wrong with that? That shows that they are successful in what they do. Do you want poor, unemployed people with no financial management skills serving in those positions? Also, finally a group not top-heavy with lawyers.

They aren't all old white rich men. His appointees include five women. They include one Asian, one Indian, and one black person. Five military veterans are included. As for "old"--that's a matter of perspective.

"Donald Trump has been very good for the stock market so far.
Expect the 'Trump rally' to keep going in 2017. At least that's what major Wall Street banks predict for U.S. stocks next year...."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/13/investing/stock-market-2017/

When Lockheed's stock went down, Boeing's went up. Trump wants to get more bang for the taxpayers' buck by encouraging competitive bidding for defense contracts. If Lockheed has been over charging, then they need to re-evaluate what they've been doing.

Obama has never been a supporter of Israel beyond what he was required to do. He and Netanyahu have not seen eye-to-eye (literally). Obama tried to interfere with Israel's election of Netanyahu.

Yes, he is under investigation. He denies the charges and awaits the conclusion of the investigation. Charges aren't the same as convictions. At least, that's what Hillary's supporters said, so that should apply to Netanyahu, too.

Trump should have been more conscientious of fact-checking the Carrier deal. That doesn't make it an intentional lie that would cause mall brawling.

On the following, we'll have to wait and see:

"President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday took credit for Sprint's decision to keep 5,000 jobs in the United States, as well as OneWeb's plan to add 3,000 jobs in the U.S."

In general, Trump says that his goal is to put more focus on American jobs, which gives an overall more positive outlook. Positive outlooks don't cause mall brawls.

Her clothing line is manufactured where it's cheaper to be done. Yes, she should bring back all those minimum-wage jobs to America. It would be better though, for our workers, to bring back more skilled-labor jobs for workers who want to earn more than minimum wage all their lives. Either way, I doubt the mall brawlers care about that.

It's your right to despise anyone you want for whatever reason. Feelings are one thing, and rational conclusions are another. As much as you despise Trump, that doesn't mean every bad thing that happens in America is his fault.

Same with Obama. I don't have anything against him as a human being, husband or father, but I don't like him as President. He's responsible for a lot of wrong decisions and actions. I have never hated him or wished him ill. I just wanted him to either change or get out of the Oval Office. Well, neither thing happened, so I just bore it. I ignored conspiracy theories and rumors about him. Even though these nonsense mall brawls happened during his watch, I don't believe they have anything to do with him either.

Trump wasn't my choice for candidate but I don't blame him for everything that happens.

Never despited any of our political leaders until now. Because of his behaviors and attitudes towards minorities. Just terrible terrible.

I am optimistic for the next 4 years...and he's not even in Office yet....Let's see what he can do...

Exactly- It was really a small number of jobs; less than 1K for 7 mil. 40 were salaried... the rest union I think. As it is.. most will lose their jobs anyway because Carrier has said they'd be taking a lot of that money and sinking it into.....automation! Automation is one of the biggest killers of jobs there is.

As for the Sprint jobs (and the other- forgot already)... hadn't read that but I feel like he's taking credit for everything.. things he really hasn't had a hand in. Carrier was already in the works I think and was engineered by Indiana government and PENCE.

Yes... I would rather have educated people and people who actually know what goes into the department they're leading (not just "Well he grew up in poverty...." as an example) even if they were poor. There are poor people with brilliant minds. My aunt fell into the lower middle class- no degree but one of the smartest women I know on the face of this earth. She held her own with the "BOYS club" network where she worked in management for YEARS. There are millionaires and billionaires who aren't the brightest crayons in the box and- key words here lol- I feel like some of the people tapped for the cabinet aren't.

Not only that.. not all millionaires/billionaires are "self made" and worked hard to earn it. Most inherited it or married into it. Funny how most are in white collar businesses. There are a few... not many I don't think (that I'm aware of) who worked their little tushies off at blue collar type jobs all their lives to become the 1%.

The thing is.. I DO wonder just how in touch- no matter how they came by their fortunes- they are with the vast majority of the populace (that goes for republicans and democrats before anyone says something- I dislike the terms "liberals" and "conservatives") who are struggling... working 2-3 jobs and some STILL have to have some kind of government assistance. I hate the fact that 1 friend has to work 2 (sometimes 3) jobs just to stay above water... in a midwest state. I hate the fact that another friend is likely permanently disabled but likely won't be able to get SSDI or anything because her work history is not as extensive (more of a stay at home mom. Her hubby makes good money but due to a number of circumstances she can't control..his take home pay drops to pretty low levels.

At this point am fully expecting this thread to get deleted.

But hey... America- last I heard we were allowed to express opinions, choose not to "accept and move OOnnnnnn" or "give him a chance". I had always thought America came about because of people questioning everything... but a lot of that is beaten down and out of people these days- ON BOTH SIDES. It just seems more blatant this election cycle.

I'm another who is sure that Bernie could have given Trump an even closer race...and won.

But what do i know right....

Mall brawlers aside... why not.. there are already thousands of minimum wages jobs in the US... gas stations, stores like WalMart etc, fast food.

Sometimes those jobs are the only ones available... there aren't enough to go around. Yes we need skilled-labor jobs but therein lies the rub... they talk of establishing programs but I haven't really heard of or read any that were super successful. West Virginia is one place that has needed something like this for DECADES but...there are still way too many people unemployed there. Re-open the coal mines? Maybe but I'd rather seen more effort into clean/renewable energy. The way we keep going with 'fracking'/digging for oil and other natural resources like coal- there won't be any left unless some genius comes up with a way to synthesize it or recreate it in a laboratory and leave the poor earth alone.

So.. yes I think those jobs should return. a minimum wage job is better than no job. Cheaper to make-- for whom? Why are their clothes already more on the expensive side where most cannot afford it anyway?

just my 1/2 cents. The rest was taken by the oligarchy, corporations and put into the CEO pockets ;).

Mall brawlers aside... why not.. there are already thousands of minimum wages jobs in the US... gas stations, stores like WalMart etc, fast food.

Sometimes those jobs are the only ones available... there aren't enough to go around. Yes we need skilled-labor jobs but therein lies the rub... they talk of establishing programs but I haven't really heard of or read any that were super successful. West Virginia is one place that has needed something like this for DECADES but...there are still way too many people unemployed there. Re-open the coal mines? Maybe but I'd rather seen more effort into clean/renewable energy. The way we keep going with 'fracking'/digging for oil and other natural resources like coal- there won't be any left unless some genius comes up with a way to synthesize it or recreate it in a laboratory and leave the poor earth alone.

So.. yes I think those jobs should return. a minimum wage job is better than no job. Cheaper to make-- for whom? Why are their clothes already more on the expensive side where most cannot afford it anyway?

just my 1/2 cents. The rest was taken by the oligarchy, corporations and put into the CEO pockets ;).

Coal is dying business and unprofitable, also numbers of coal miners went down since peaked in 1970s, so natural gas and other energy sources are going to finish coal off.

Nearly all presidents lied and didn't follow their promise so Trump is no exception.

Last edited:
Never despited any of our political leaders until now. Because of his behaviors and attitudes towards minorities. Just terrible terrible.

Exactly, that's very sad for our country.

I rather to have Reagan, HWB or GWB in office over Trump, seriously.

Obama was given eight years of chances to make change for the better and bring the nation together. Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet, and his presidency is already condemned. Interesting.

Obama was given eight years of chances to make change for the better and bring the nation together. Trump hasn't even been sworn in yet, and his presidency is already condemned. Interesting.

That's probably just you and conservatives are unhappy with Obama presidency since most leftists and some moderates are happy with him. He has better approval rating than GWB at final term, and HWB was 50%, same as Obama. Bill Clinton had higher final approval rating, even Al Gore didn't win the presidency.

I miss Reagan.

I have mixed feeling about him and I was disappointed that he didn't fix the major issues in urban, also cancelled some of subway expansion in DC metro until it was approved by Bill Clinton. That was great if you live in suburb and rural area, also some cities that didn't have issues. Now, some suburbs aren't great anymore due to demographic change and higher poverty rate.

Alabama had bad time under Reagan era because many textile mills closed and shipped to other countries like China, but the presidents don't have much power to stop the companies from moving the jobs to oversea. Oh no, I don't blame on Reagan for those problems.

Miss Reagan too!...For me, the 80's were the best years of my Life.

Sure, I miss NES, Apple II and original The Disney Channel - nothing is same nowadays.

Many cities are kinda grimy in 80s like NYC, DC, Baltimore, New Orleans, Atlanta, Chicago and more, also don't forget about crack epidemic, AIDS and high crime rate. I wouldn't want to live in DC if it was in 80s, so prefer to live in suburb, but housing was cheaper as well.

Last edited:
That's probably just you and conservatives are unhappy with Obama presidency since most leftists and some moderates are happy with him. He has better approval rating than GWB at final term, and HWB was 50%, same as Obama. Bill Clinton had higher final approval rating, even Al Gore didn't win the presidency.
It doesn't matter whether or not I was "unhappy" with Obama. The point is, after his eight years, race relations haven't improved. Americans weren't united before the campaigning began. It has nothing to do with approving of him. It is what it is.

If Americans weren't united before Trump ever put his name in with the other candidates, then he can't be held responsible for that disunity. We'll have to wait and see what he does going forward.

It doesn't matter whether or not I was "unhappy" with Obama. The point is, after his eight years, race relations haven't improved. Americans weren't united before the campaigning began. It has nothing to do with approving of him. It is what it is.

If Americans weren't united before Trump ever put his name in with the other candidates, then he can't be held responsible for that disunity. We'll have to wait and see what he does going forward.

but unemployment rate is lower and created 15 million jobs - that's positive of his presidency.

The president doesn't have much authority to fix the race relation issue - it is up to us and minorities to fix, so Obama encouraged to resolve but locals are hard to deal with law enforcement relation.

Not just 'conservatives. There are a few 'liberals'/dems who are/were apparently unhappy with him with his most recent term. I get an eyeful of the dreck posted on my FB on an almost daily basis.

No president is perfect. I like Obama and nothing will change my mind there. Never a fan of Reagan (he denied AIDS for so long...) or Bush but both do have their finer points... in there... somewhere. And I know Obama has has his own missteps too.

I'm not saying anything about Trump.. I can't...but if something does threaten MY ability to life or my rights then yes I'm gonna figure out a way to fight tooth and nail. Yes I question his VP pick and cabinet picks and don't really think being a CEO or "businessman" really equates well to being a president without ever having had any kind of political office prior to it. That's my view. Others will have theirs and I respect that.

Back