Polite Mom and Rude Daughters

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mom Apologizes For 'Rude And Obnoxious' Kids In Viral Facebook Post
ALABAMA (WPXI) - An Alabama mother has quickly become an Internet sensation after she apologized for her misbehaving children on Facebook and the post went viral.

Kyesha Smith Wood says she was upset to learn that he daughter and stepdaughter had been rude and obnoxious at a movie theater over the weekend.

Smith Wood posted on Facebook that her son, who was also with the girl at the theater, told her the girls ruined an evening for a mother and daughter.

She went on to say that the girls are being punished, but she wanted to offer another apology.

Smith Wood says the girls wrote an apology letter and offered to pay for the woman's next movie with money from their allowance.

The entire Facebook post read:

“This is a long shot, but I'm looking for a woman that was at Tannehill Premier tonight seeing Cinderella at 7pm. I dropped my teenage daughter, step daughter, and son off at the movie. My son later told me, much to my humiliation and embarrassment, that my girls were rude and obnoxious during the movie. The woman I'm looking for addressed them and asked them to be quiet and they were disrespectful. After the movie she approached my girls and told them that her husband had been laid off and this was the last movie she would be able to take her daughter to for a while and my girls ruined that for her. If you are this woman, please message me. I can assure you that these girls are being strongly dealt with and appropriately punished. This rude, disrespectful, and awful behavior is unacceptable and they owe you an apology. My husband and I are having them write your apology letter tonight and we would like to pay for your next movie and snacks out of their allowance. Please message me if this is you. I apologize profusely for their disrespect.”

The Facebook post quickly spread, and eventually the mother, Rebecca Boyd, saw it.

The two sides connected and the story reached a happy conclusion.

“You don't see that a lot these days,” Boyd told AI.com.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Department posted the following message Sunday morning:

“For all who are wondering, the mother with great parenting skills did find the person she was looking for. They have been in touch with one another and all is being set right. Nothing but grace and class on the part of both these ladies.”

7288300_G.jpg

Good for her to make her daughter write the apology letter! My mom forced me to return items I had stolen from a mom and pop store and made me apologize to the owners for stealing. Never stole anything after that. What our generation of poor parenting needs!

Being a parent is not the most easiest job in the world. That is why we need education on how to raise the right way without being so harsh and severe punishment. I had been watching the "Supernanny" program on T.V. and she was teaching parents how to raise the out of control and very cruel plus being rude children. Once they learned how to do that, they became a very happy family. It is hard when you have kids. Sometime parents feel sorry for the kids and then find out they are not what they seem. The children get away with what they want.

So it is cool that the mom finally did the right thing by telling her daughter that she need to write the apology letter to the woman who was mistreated by the rude daughter. I bet the mother must have watch the "Supernanny" and learned to do the right thing. :dunno:

Being a parent is not the most easiest job in the world. That is why we need education on how to raise the right way without being so harsh and severe punishment. I had been watching the "Supernanny" program on T.V. and she was teaching parents how to raise the out of control and very cruel plus being rude children. Once they learned how to do that, they became a very happy family. It is hard when you have kids. Sometime parents feel sorry for the kids and then find out they are not what they seem. The children get away with what they want.

So it is cool that the mom finally did the right thing by telling her daughter that she need to write the apology letter to the woman who was mistreated by the rude daughter. I bet the mother must have watch the "Supernanny" and learned to do the right thing. :dunno:

I watched supernanny that lady a psycolgist...it like dog whisper have few hours with kids and they become saints..i believe good disaplin then don't need punishment this ladies kids had a lapse I don't think they do that again.....I would die of shame if I needed supernanny the whole world watch crap parents..it often mum and dad doing opposites mum had enough just gives in...I never gave in and husband did as I told him hense we got well grounded son who good kind man great father himself,never needed tough love alto he would have got it if been nessary

Back