Police seek man who found money and kept it

rockin'robin

Reaction score
LOCUST GROVE, Ga -- Police in Henry County are trying to identify a man who picked up $400 in cash just after it was dropped on the floor at a fast food restaurant. Police say he broke the law by keeping the money.

A video of the incident was released by police in hopes of identifying the suspect. He picked the money up seconds after a store manager accidentally dropped it on the floor.

"It was documented as a Theft of Lost or Mislaid Property," said Lt. Joey Smith. "That is a crime. It's a misdemeanor and you can be prosecuted for it."

The video shows a man buying a meal at the McDonalds on Highway 155 in Locust Grove last Thursday. While he was paying for his food a store manager accidentally dropped four $100 bills from her pocket and accidentally kicked them without knowing.

Almost immediately, the man walked over to the drink station, picked up the four bills and stuffed them in his pocket. The suspect is described as having thin, grey hair combed straight back and a long mustache. He wore a mechanic-style uniform and drove a dark colored pickup truck.

After picking up the money the video shows the man nonchalantly filling up his drink and then walking back to the counter to pick up his meal. He then walked out of the store and got into the pickup truck.

Henry County Police are hoping someone can identify him so they can charge him with the misdemeanor crime. "This individual acquired items that didn't belong to him and the law states that he should have made some type of effort to try to help the victim reclaim their property," Lt. Smith said.

According to Georgia Code "A person commits the offense of theft of lost or mislaid property when he comes into control of property that he knows or learns to have been lost or mislaid and appropriates the property to his own use without first taking reasonable measures to restore the property to the owner."

The manager at the McDonalds told police the suspect is a regular customer who comes into the restaurant almost every day. However he has not been back to the restaurant since he took the money.
Police seek man who found money and kept it

That is a great picture of the guy. I'm sure someone will notice who he is and turn him in.

whatever happened to finder's keeper?

so? karma will take care of it anyway :lol:

If it was your paycheck, you wouldnt care if I picked it up and walked off with it after watching you drop it?
assuming it was cashed already as some employers do.

If it was your paycheck, you wouldnt care if I picked it up and walked off with it after watching you drop it?

it would be my fault to drop it and you would be an asshole for not giving it to me so I hope karma would take care of you :lol:

it would be my fault to drop it and you would be an asshole for not giving it to me so I hope karma would take care of you :lol:

But then you see nothing wrong with the guy taking her money she dropped?

So if you friend left their wallet at your place, are you gonna
1) charge them to mail it back?
2) drive it to them and charge for gas?
3) keep the money (if any) and throw it in the trash?

lol

So if you friend left their wallet at your place, are you gonna
1) charge them to mail it back?
2) drive it to them and charge for gas?
3) keep the money (if any) and throw it in the trash?

lol

didn't dereksbicycles ask that before? the answer is... none of above. I would txt my friend and say - come pick it up :)

It's dishonest and the same as stealing. I've gone back in stores before cause the cashier had given me too much change back even gone back for just a quarter. In 2001 I was in the hospital and they transferred me to a larger better hospital and a family member drove me so on the way we went through the ATM and since I wasn't driving I had to get out of the car and walk around to the thing to withdraw money and found 5 $20 bills on the ground. After I got out of the hospital I got in touch with the bank and reported it they said no one had reported losing any money they'd let me know. Well I contacted them again 2 months later and they said it still hadn't been reported so I could keep it myself. I ended up giving the entire $100 to my brother anyways cause he was going through a hard time then.

Stealing is stealing it doesn't matter if its a nickel or $5000 bucks.

It's dishonest and the same as stealing. I've gone back in stores before cause the cashier had given me too much change back even gone back for just a quarter. In 2001 I was in the hospital and they transferred me to a larger better hospital and a family member drove me so on the way we went through the ATM and since I wasn't driving I had to get out of the car and walk around to the thing to withdraw money and found 5 $20 bills on the ground. After I got out of the hospital I got in touch with the bank and reported it they said no one had reported losing any money they'd let me know. Well I contacted them again 2 months later and they said it still hadn't been reported so I could keep it myself. I ended up giving the entire $100 to my brother anyways cause he was going through a hard time then.

Stealing is stealing it doesn't matter if its a nickel or $5000 bucks.

good man. but to criminally charge him for being a finder's keeper? I don't agree with it. he's just simply an asshole with no principles... that's all. it's not the same as robbing a person.

I already did. my wallet went from 1.5" thick to 0.5" thick. bare minimum essential. best change ever.

new glasses? for......?

That's cool about you have a perfect wallet.

New glasses - better reading on AD forum and less trolling. :D

good man. but to criminally charge him for being a finder's keeper? I don't agree with it. he's just simply an asshole with no principles... that's all. it's not the same as robbing a person.

It could overcrowd the jail too, not brilliant idea.

yes I know derp but it doesn't make any sense.

It looks like I need make my statement clearer and perfect to compatible with your reading comprehension.

I found nonsense jokes are funny, anyway. :D

Back