Police seek man who found money and kept it

LOL !...^^ no need to, my fingerprints never went inside.......i held it closed all the way....

i found the lady's wallet on the shopping trolley yesterday in the parking lot at the supermarket,,, i took it in side the shop, gave it to the 'information/express cashier' (they know me) and i said was found on trolley ..they will mind it till the woman come in to collect...

You sure they will "mind it til the woman comes to collect"??...Any $$ in it? (or did you check?)...Not saying the information/cashier is dishonest....but...many people are.

It could be manager's habit to drop the large bucks and expect anyone to return the money or they may face jail bait.

It is just like someone left $500 on office desk to lure janitor to take money so they can face jail time and termination from employment? :hmm:

It could be manager's habit to drop the large bucks and expect anyone to return the money or they may face jail bait.

It is just like someone left $500 on office desk to lure janitor to take money so they can face jail time and termination from employment? :hmm:

Yes, it could be :hmm:

And that would be entrapment. That is highly illegal. So the manager would have broken the law by dropping the money.

Yes, it could be :hmm:

And that would be entrapment. That is highly illegal. So the manager would have broken the law by dropping the money.

entrapment is only illegal for law enforcement to use

entrapment is only illegal for law enforcement to use

How do you know it wasn't a sting operation? :hmm:

How suspicious that everything was caught on film. Why was that camera there if not to entrap people?

Do you have a link to the law on this?

If you find money on the street what is the law for keeping it

Found Money on the Street

CA Codes (civ:2080-2080.10)

http://www.thesite.org/crime-and-safety/your-rights/lost-property-9126.html

I could go on.... Different laws for different states, but those laws only differ by the amount of time you have to wait for the owner to claim the lost property... 30 days, 60 days, 90 days ect. The business owner could provide proof it was hers obviously because she had it on film... and the money was in an establishment so he could have found the manager.

Did you ever ask and get proof where it went? If it wasnt claimed then it is legally yours. SUE HIM !!!!
I am sure that you were kidding. BTW, USPS forbids employees keeping anything that are not mailable (which is called dead letters) like a magazine with no address or a pen that came out of an envelope. If you take it home, you lose your job. One supervisor got fired because she usually picked up "dead" magazines at the dump and took them home which is against USPS policy which is posted on the wall near the dump (recycle area).

I am sure that you were kidding. BTW, USPS forbids employees keeping anything that are not mailable (which is called dead letters) like a magazine with no address or a pen that came out of an envelope. If you take it home, you lose your job. One supervisor got fired because she usually picked up "dead" magazines at the dump and took them home which is against USPS policy which is posted on the wall near the dump (recycle area).

Not true. Buddy of mine, his dad retired from the USPS...and you wouldnt believe the collection of Playboys he had collected over the years. He had everything from the first issue til the day he retired ( several years ago ) But I know others who work for the usps and it just depends on who and where you work for.... Unless fingers start pointing, most dont give a flying hoot. I worked 17 years for the city and we werent supposed to get tips or anything else, but were always offered them. We asked our superiors and they said it was ok as long as we kept it quiet, if the roof got raised then the Ban hammers came pounding.

Oh and not really kidding, if you turned in something you found, it is to be claimed by the owner, If it isnt claimed in a reasonable amount of time...it is yours to keep. Why let that azzhat keep it? he didnt find it or wasnt being a reasonable honest person as you were trying to be. Even if you dont want it, donate it to charity or help someone in need if it makes you feel better. and YES you can sue over it and win.

Oh and not really kidding, if you turned in something you found, it is to be claimed by the owner, If it isnt claimed in a reasonable amount of time...it is yours to keep. Why let that azzhat keep it? he didnt find it or wasnt being a reasonable honest person as you were trying to be. Even if you dont want it, donate it to charity or help someone in need if it makes you feel better. and YES you can sue over it and win.
No, it doesn't work that way. It was "lost" in the mail so it becomes USPS property. You can't say "I found cash lost in the mail so if no one claims it, it's mine".

No, it doesn't work that way. It was "lost" in the mail so it becomes USPS property. You can't say "I found cash lost in the mail so if no one claims it, it's mine".

Once in a trash bin it is no longer property to anyone.

Trash/trash containers...public property.

AKA Dumpster Diving.

Not true. Buddy of mine, his dad retired from the USPS...and you wouldnt believe the collection of Playboys he had collected over the years. He had everything from the first issue til the day he retired ( several years ago ) But I know others who work for the usps and it just depends on who and where you work for.... Unless fingers start pointing, most dont give a flying hoot. I worked 17 years for the city and we werent supposed to get tips or anything else, but were always offered them. We asked our superiors and they said it was ok as long as we kept it quiet, if the roof got raised then the Ban hammers came pounding.
Yes, employees still do that but PI (postal inspectors) say it's a crime. Don't argue with me. The supervisor who took the magazines out of recycle area was handcuffed. I am telling you why. It's not allowed to take a magazine that's not yours to begin with. And if you want a magazine, buy it at a store.

Once in a trash bin it is no longer property to anyone.

Trash/trash containers...public property.

AKA Dumpster Diving.
Wrong! They are STILL on postal property, therefore it's postal property. All dead mails go to recycle bin that belongs to USPS. That's what the huge post on the wall says.

I would say that "finders keepers" doesn't apply to this case because the man didn't "find" the money. He saw it fall to the floor, and he saw from where it came. He knew who owned the money. That's not "finding" money. That's taking money.

many of the big stores place money in common places they monitor staff see if store worker honest

Back