Police seek man who found money and kept it

he found the money and kept it to himself.... hence finder's keeper. he didn't steal it but yes he saw the money falling out of the guy's pocket and didn't let him know about it... therefore he's a scumbag and karma will get him.

is he a criminal? no.
is he a scumbag? yes.

sorry but it ain't the same as robbing him. what's next? making it criminal for a person to stand there to videotape an incident and do nothing to help a victim?

it's not illegal to be a scumbag.

BUT HE OBSERVED HER DROPPING IT... thats the difference, he didnt find it, he straight up stole it, knew who it belonged to and refused to return it.

he found the money and kept it to himself.... hence finder's keeper. he didn't steal it but yes he saw the money falling out of the guy's pocket and didn't let him know about it... therefore he's a scumbag and karma will get him.

is he a criminal? no.
is he a scumbag? yes.

sorry but it ain't the same as robbing him. what's next? making it criminal for a person to stand there to videotape an incident and do nothing to help a victim?

it's not illegal to be a scumbag.

The courts wont agree with you, guaranteed !

Hey, lets take Jiro out to dinner. Drop a $5, then sue him for that $5 plus interests, loss wages, pain and suffering... what else will the courts throw in there? Whats the ceiling on a crime like that against a person now-a-days? lol

Hey, lets take Jiro out to dinner. Drop a $5, then sue him for that $5 plus interests, loss wages, pain and suffering... what else will the courts throw in there? Whats the ceiling on a crime like that against a person now-a-days? lol
To be honest with you, even if he saw you dropping $5, he is not required to tell you that you dropped it. People can be honest or dishonest. Just don't screw up or you will lose it. It's your 100% liability.

Many times I check my money after I get out of a store to make sure I don't lose it.

My son (a new generation) use a debit card. He never carries cash.

BUT HE OBSERVED HER DROPPING IT... thats the difference, he didnt find it, he straight up stole it, knew who it belonged to and refused to return it.

therefore.... he's a scumbag.

I've corrected cashiers myself when they give me too much change back. I would feel weird if I kept change that wasn't supposed to be mine. I used to work at JCPenney's many years ago in college, and we had to account for the register totals at the end of the night and most days, we were off (by a negative amount) and that sucked when we didn't know where the error(s) happened.

No, $1,000 would be better. It is best way to ruin somebody with felony record.

He saw a store manager drop money in store property and took it. How is that different then if he had seen a employee leave the cash register open and helped himself to a handful of cash? Stealing is stealing.

He saw a store manager drop money in store property and took it. How is that different then if he had seen a employee leave the cash register open and helped himself to a handful of cash? Stealing is stealing.

Apple orange. Picking up money from the floor and taking it from cash register are not the same thing at all.

Feel it's a "Catch 22"........(damn if you do and damn if you don't)...The Lady that dropped the $$...then proceeded to "kick it away"....was not paying attention to her job.....and yeah...if the guy did turn the $$ in...many people would just pocket it themselves...(even Cops)....

Not saying the man was right to keep the $$...he either needed it or just didn't give a damn either way....That's how some people are....So, "watch your wallet" rings true here...not everybody are as honest as they say there are.

I guess that man has brutal life and too desperate to find a lot of money. :hmm:

Yes, they will. You fill out a form. I have found money before and done exactly that. I turned it in to the police station and nobody claimed it. In 30 days they called me and told me to come and pick it up, it was mine.

According to the law, if you find money and you don't know whose money it is and you take it and don't make any attempt to find out who's it is.... yes, according to the law... you're guilty.

Do you have a link to the law on this?

I never forget one day that I found cash probably over $1k in a white envelope with no address at work (USPS). I gave it to a supervisor whose eyes were open wide when he saw it. I would say 50% chance that he pocketed it.

I never forget one day that I found cash probably over $1k in a white envelope with no address at work (USPS). I gave it to a supervisor whose eyes were open wide when he saw it. I would say 50% chance that he pocketed it.

Did you ever ask and get proof where it went? If it wasnt claimed then it is legally yours. SUE HIM !!!!

Long story short.
If the man didnt do ANYTHING wrong, then the po po wouldnt be looking for him would they.

i found the lady's wallet on the shopping trolley yesterday in the parking lot at the supermarket,,, i took it in side the shop, gave it to the 'information/express cashier' (they know me) and i said was found on trolley ..they will mind it till the woman come in to collect...

i found the lady's wallet on the shopping trolley yesterday in the parking lot at the supermarket,,, i took it in side the shop, gave it to the 'information/express cashier' (they know me) and i said was found on trolley ..they will mind it till the woman come in to collect...

(did you wipe your fingerprints off first, and hand it to them wearing nitrile gloves) lol

Back