Police seek man who found money and kept it

It looks like I need make my statement clearer and perfect to compatible with your reading comprehension.

I found nonsense jokes are funny, anyway. :D

perhaps you should learn to make an appropriate joke for an appropriate situation. nonsense jokes are only funny to kids.

The law blatantly interprets things in myriad ways, even what sort of-could of-would of-but not really principles aren't legit.

:roll: What if you saw that person kept money which was on floor 5-10 seconds ago and did not say anything about it, will they charge you as accomplice?

If someone drops the wallet or cash, I would not pick it up due to famous stories when a tourist picked up that "empty wallet", then that person will turn back and called cop on you for grabbing dollars from that "empty wallet". I would walk away, and let someone else take care of that mess. :D

perhaps you should learn to make an appropriate joke for an appropriate situation. nonsense jokes are only funny to kids.

:ty: for great advice.

I will improving mine based on your feedback.

Uh-oh, I wonder if he didn't see whose money was dropped, would he pick it up and ask everyone if it's their money? They would say "yeah, it's mine".

In this case, he saw someone dropped it so he should let her know. That's what I would do cuz if I didn't let her know and kept money in my money, like Jiro said, karma will take care of me (or God will punish me).

Uh-oh, I wonder if he didn't see whose money was dropped, would he pick it up and ask everyone if it's their money? They would say "yeah, it's mine".

In this case, he saw someone dropped it so he should let her know. That's what I would do cuz if I didn't let her know and kept money in my money, like Jiro said, karma will take care of me (or God will punish me).

Yes, I will do same thing too.

That is a very clear picture, they will definitely find him... Especially if he's a regular. He knew what he was doing... Regardless of any circumstances, it was wrong, plain and simple.

That is a very clear picture, they will definitely find him... Especially if he's a regular. He knew what he was doing... Regardless of any circumstances, it was wrong, plain and simple.
If he can prove that he doesn't know whose money belongs to, he can win. If your point is that if you find money that you don't know who it belongs to, you give it to police. Know what they do with it? In other words, do you trust them?

If you find something that doesn't belong to you, you are supposed to turn it in to police and wait for it to be claimed. Someone has 30 days to claim it and if it is not claimed, it is yours. In this case, he should have turned it in and reviewed cameras for proof. Regardless it was wrong... wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

If you find something that doesn't belong to you, you are supposed to turn it in to police and wait for it to be claimed. Someone has 30 days to claim it and if it is not claimed, it is yours. In this case, he should have turned it in and reviewed cameras for proof. Regardless it was wrong... wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.
Seriously? The cops will give me money back I found when no one claimed it within 30 days? I mean that it's possible for the cops to lie that someone claimed it.

Anyway, the point is that if I find money that I don't know whose money belongs to, I am not guilty.

Yes, they will. You fill out a form. I have found money before and done exactly that. I turned it in to the police station and nobody claimed it. In 30 days they called me and told me to come and pick it up, it was mine.

According to the law, if you find money and you don't know whose money it is and you take it and don't make any attempt to find out who's it is.... yes, according to the law... you're guilty.

Yes, they will. You fill out a form. I have found money before and done exactly that. I turned it in to the police station and nobody claimed it. In 30 days they called me and told me to come and pick it up, it was mine.

According to the law, if you find money and you don't know whose money it is and you take it and don't make any attempt to find out who's it is.... yes, according to the law... you're guilty.
It's time for you to get it clearly. If I found a smartphone on a sidewalk, am I required to report it to a cop? NO! If I found money on a sidewalk, am I required to report it to a cop? NO! As long as there's a video surveillance which proves that you know whose it belongs to, you are guilty.

It's actually up to people who find it legally or illegally.

At work, my deaf co-worker was upset that she left $500 in cash on toilet holder while she was pooing, after she left the toilet, she totally forgot about the cash for like 10 minutes. She came back to find it gone. She requested that the employer pays her $500 that was gone but it was not successful. My point is that the employer can't tell an employee who took it to give her money back. That's her fault which cops can do nothing about it. That's facts of life. I felt sorry for her but who was to blame? Her!

Last edited:
If y'all read my previous post ... I found that $100 on the ground in front of the ATM which obviously has cameras on it ... I didn't report it to the police I reported it to the bank and I held onto the money until they said it was mine to keep. And they didn't tell me or even mention reporting it to or turning it in to the police.

didn't dereksbicycles ask that before? the answer is... none of above. I would txt my friend and say - come pick it up :)

LOL yeah, I was just seeing if you caught what I did there....lol

good man. but to criminally charge him for being a finder's keeper? I don't agree with it. he's just simply an asshole with no principles... that's all. it's not the same as robbing a person.

BUT but but.... he WASNT a FINDER... he WAS an OBSERVER... thats different. He seen an opportunity to STEAL, thats why he hasnt been back to that specific place, HE IS TOO COWARD TO SHOW HIS FACE AGAIN!!!!
He knows he did wrong. PERIOD !!!!

so WHY would Jiro wish Karma upon us if he BELIEVEs in finders keepers? He is being 2 faced here, depending on if it is your money or his money. If its your money oh boo hoo, if its his money he hopes yo give it back or karma gets you... wow.

so WHY would Jiro wish Karma upon us if he BELIEVEs in finders keepers? He is being 2 faced here, depending on if it is your money or his money. If its your money oh boo hoo, if its his money he hopes yo give it back or karma gets you... wow.

he found the money and kept it to himself.... hence finder's keeper. he didn't steal it but yes he saw the money falling out of the guy's pocket and didn't let him know about it... therefore he's a scumbag and karma will get him.

is he a criminal? no.
is he a scumbag? yes.

sorry but it ain't the same as robbing him. what's next? making it criminal for a person to stand there to videotape an incident and do nothing to help a victim?

it's not illegal to be a scumbag.

he found the money and kept it to himself.... hence finder's keeper. he didn't steal it but yes he saw the money falling out of the guy's pocket and didn't let him know about it... therefore he's a scumbag and karma will get him.

is he a criminal? no.
is he a scumbag? yes.

sorry but it ain't the same as robbing him. what's next? making it criminal for a person to stand there to videotape an incident and do nothing to help a victim?

it's not illegal to be a scumbag.
You can't argue with the law that is applied to that area. If NYC or NJ doesn't have that law, then you are not guilty. I know what you are saying but that's what's going on there. Be happy that you are not involved. :lol:

He needs to be sentenced to life in prison and that will teach society not to mess around with cash that doesn't belong to them. :lol:

Back