Police in Florida issuing lottery tickets instead of speeding tickets

Wirelessly posted

I don't agree with rewarding people that breaks the law. He could have randomly picked good, safe drivers to pull over to give the lottery tickets to.

Wirelessly posted

I don't agree with rewarding people that breaks the law. He could have randomly picked good, safe drivers to pull over to give the lottery tickets to.

That wasn't the idea. The goal was to spread some holiday cheer, and give these people a positive experience. That's what they want.

Wirelessly posted

more likely that's the case...or pretend it trailer (tourist spotting or such wise)

Dang, I should have been speeding today! :laugh2:

Oh believe me, we get MORE than enough revenue off of speeders daily... :laugh2: Not just speeders even, we get revenue off people that drive too slow too! ( It's a higher fine than speeding. :twisted: As it should be... )

Also, when you get pulled over, it puts the fear of God into most people, sometimes that's all they need to reevaluate that they need to slow down. :P

Also, when you get pulled over, it puts the fear of God into most people, sometimes that's all they need to reevaluate that they need to slow down. :P

It doesn't work...getting a ticket helps to drive that message home. It also protects the public that share the road; bad drivers don't learn from their mistakes until it hits them in the wallet...

Laura

Not all drivers does it take a ticket. I've never had a ticket to this day, but when I first got my license I was a speed demon. ( as most kids are at 16 ) I know when I got pulled over, I didn't speed for almost a year before getting more comfortable with it at 17. :doh: This day I do not speed at all just because I've matured as a driver / person ect ect I'm no longer a kid.... But it does not always take a ticket to strike fear into people... Some maybe, but not all... there's always people that are different and it takes different methods to scare or make wake up... you can't lump them all in saying it takes a ticket... it sure didn't for me, and I promise I'm not the only one in the world like that.

Back