Poison Ivy

sunflowergal

Reaction score

Hello everyone!

My hubby and I were working in our back yard last week. We've got to rid the wild bushes and the bushes were all gone. Next day, I got poison ivy. Two late night ago, I got sick and fever chilly. Itching drove me crazy. My both arms got burning up and pain, I can't stand. I couldn't sleep good almost a week. My both arms looks ugly red rash. It already spreading on my stomach and legs. They look worse. I used cream named Calamine lotion but it was not helping me. Yesterday morning, Hubby took me to ER. The nurse gave me a shot for calm down. The doctor got me two new two medicines. I am taking 1 pill "Loratadine 10mg for Itching every morning and I use new Triamcinolon Cream twice day for 7 days. I feel calm and much better.

If you want to rid the wild bushes and please wear long sleeves and gloves! Do not wear deodorants or perfumes because Insects, bugs and mosquito can scent your body. They can eating up on your body. Next day, you woke up in a morning to feel itch on your body.

I won't near or touch the bushes ever again. Forget it.

We have creeping charlie in our yard. My husband has a reaction just like yours to poison ivy.

So he is always taking precaution and wearing long pants and sleeves to mow, plus we treat the yard for the creeping charlie.

Loratadine is Claritin and you can take it everyday year around to keep from having such bad reactions.

We take Zyrtec every day, as it is good for plants and amimal allergies both.

I hope you feel a lot better soon.

I used to get poison ivy all the time...even poison oak/sumac, which is worse.
I almost went blind because of it.
Mud works great because it dries up the sores and puss.

So sorry sunflowergal! Hope you feel better and fast!

I react terribly to PI, too and get it every year no matter what I do (even if I hide from the stuff, it finds its way to me via my dogs, my cat, my chickens, I'm convinced the mower aerosol-izes it and it floats on over to me) and it seems to last for a couple of months. I've heard there's a vaccine out there in early use, and I plan to ask about it next time I have to visit the doctor for a bad bout.

sorry hear you sunflowergal, hope be you careful prevent to poision ivy is dangerous!

You should see a doctor , some people can get really sick from poison ivy.
My ex husband was doing some yard work for a a guy and the guy did not tell my ex that there was poison ivy all over the place. My ex was sick in bed for a few days. I never had poison ivy.

You should see a doctor , some people can get really sick from poison ivy.
My ex husband was doing some yard work for a a guy and the guy did not tell my ex that there was poison ivy all over the place. My ex was sick in bed for a few days. I never had poison ivy.

She said her husband took her to to ER. So she has seen a doctor.
You are lucky to not have poison ivy.

I had poison ivy when I was a kid. I caught it from riding the bike through lots of trees, and lots of ivys around behind school. I still remember how it feels like and that was no fun. I am not aware that it can cause some sickness too. If it happens to my kids, then ill make sure to take kids to ER no matter what if they dont feel good.

FEEL BETTER...

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Never had poision ivy/oak rashes before. I guess I got lucky. I usually keep eye on where I'm walking thru. Poision oak will lose their leaves in August to preserve water so its sort of difficult to tell you have gone thru them.

So sorry sunflowergal! Hope you feel better and fast!

I react terribly to PI, too and get it every year no matter what I do (even if I hide from the stuff, it finds its way to me via my dogs, my cat, my chickens, I'm convinced the mower aerosol-izes it and it floats on over to me) and it seems to last for a couple of months. I've heard there's a vaccine out there in early use, and I plan to ask about it next time I have to visit the doctor for a bad bout.

Thanks! I got poison ivy first time. It never happened to me before. It's no fun. Oh Sheesh! I hate it.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Never had poision ivy/oak rashes before. I guess I got lucky. I usually keep eye on where I'm walking thru. Poision oak will lose their leaves in August to preserve water so its sort of difficult to tell you have gone thru them.

Same here.. Never had it. It is said that some people are immune to poison ivy.

I think I am one of those. Hubby and I went for a hike long ago. He and some other friends all got poison ivy, but for some reason I did not. My brother did not believe it, so he took me out to a patch in his yard and rubbed some on me, still no reaction.

I pray that I am immune to poison ivy cuz I've never had it either

Back