Picking a new hearing aid

Nita Thomas

I wondered if anyone has tried the new Hearing Hero aids. What sort of things do you look for when picking out a new hearing aid. The aid for Hearing Hero says that hearing aids are more harmful than originally thought because they shove sounds down our ears and the other newer (Hearing Hero) style uses air to move the bones in our ear for sounds. I have a high frequency deafness and always use the over the ear aids. I had Oticon and currently use Phonak hearing aids, previously use Beltone and Sears Med Ear. I found that I like having the air hole in my molds but still love yanking them out of my ears when I am home. It's just not so comfortable having them in my ears all the time!

Sarfarigirl2011

be on the lookout, the OPN S is coming out this month too. (going for their PP since that will be a very nice change too!)

Beowulf

Premium Member
I think it depends on the age where you became deaf. There is no point in gaining what you never had.

Nita Thomas

I think it depends on the age where you became deaf. There is no point in gaining what you never had.
Depends on the person, really. Some deafness is progressive. Others is constant. Mine is supposedly constant, but I am not so sure about that. I think it has gotten worse over the years. Then the hero aid said avoid putting sound on the ear drum in it's info perks and I thought about eye glasses how if we do not spend time without them our eyes only get worse over time-- slowly but surely.

DeafNerdMommy

I have oticon opn, first gene. I am madly in love with them. I've only had 2 hearing aids and both have been oticon but i like the opn way better