Photo manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristinaB

Emotional Mess
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have downloaded Gimp. I cannot understand how to use it and I can't seem to find a tutorial that is helpful for someone who needs visual help. Comprehension is a big issue.

I cannot afford Photoshop (that I know of). I need a program that will allow me to manipulate photos and images. My Microsoft Picture Manager will only do so much. Specifically, I need something that will allow me to take an object in the photo or image and reverse it if needed. Anyone have any ideas?

Dead thread bumped and closed

Last edited by a moderator:
There is Photoshop LE (Photoshop Elements.) It is a smaller version of the full Photoshop version. It's about $60 if that is at all in your budget.

I experience gimp tutorial I will put you explain to deep! I will help you good idea!! I think so tutorial!! I experience gimp is great

I have downloaded Gimp. I cannot understand how to use it and I can't seem to find a tutorial that is helpful for someone who needs visual help. Comprehension is a big issue.

I cannot afford Photoshop (that I know of). I need a program that will allow me to manipulate photos and images. My Microsoft Picture Manager will only do so much. Specifically, I need something that will allow me to take an object in the photo or image and reverse it if needed. Anyone have any ideas?

Gimp is too advance and it's free

Paint.net is easy and it's free too link at Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing

I like paint.net for anything photo edit, crop, etc...

hope it help

BTW, you don't need to buy expensive software out there.

Paint.net did not look like a photo manipulation program to me. I was hesitant to download it. Besides, it calls for IE and I use Google Chrome. I am also using Windows Vista.

Piknik, I looked at and did not understand too well. The way I see it, you do the photo editing online. That's not what I want.

BitTorrent did not make sense at all. Did not bother since I did not understand it.

I may just purchase the Photoshop Elements, but I will see.

Thanks everybody!

Thank I do it!

warned you virus computer, I have firefox is said warned on risk prevent maluious damage for your computer!

O_o ??? virus ??? nope, try google paint.net, you will see it yourself.:shock:

There are lots of tutorials for Gimp. I don't really know what you mean by reversing a photo. Do you mean create a negative?

Anyway, here are some video tutorials to get you started.

gimp tutorials youtube - Google Search

I know I can reverse the image, like flipping it horizontally or vertically. What I mean is, if you had a picture of me in front of a tree and I wanted to be facing in the other direction, I want to be able to remove me and then flip me, then replace me in the flipped position. Kind of like taking a picture that includes a sign for a right turn only and flipping the arrow to a left turn, even though the sign says right turn only.

Paint.net did not look like a photo manipulation program to me. I was hesitant to download it. Besides, it calls for IE and I use Google Chrome. I am also using Windows Vista.

Piknik, I looked at and did not understand too well. The way I see it, you do the photo editing online. That's not what I want.

BitTorrent did not make sense at all. Did not bother since I did not understand it.

I may just purchase the Photoshop Elements, but I will see.

Thanks everybody!

You guys seriously don't know what is BitTorrent? It's...pirating. Or be a |-|@x0R!!!!! ;)

I know I can reverse the image, like flipping it horizontally or vertically. What I mean is, if you had a picture of me in front of a tree and I wanted to be facing in the other direction, I want to be able to remove me and then flip me, then replace me in the flipped position. Kind of like taking a picture that includes a sign for a right turn only and flipping the arrow to a left turn, even though the sign says right turn only.

You seem to have the right idea. :) What you need to learn is how to use the path tool and layers.

The path tool is a bit tricky to gasp at first, but the more you use the path tool, the easier it becomes. Start off simple, like tracing simple shapes. Google "how to use path tools gimp".

I am out of time, so sorry if this reply seems rushed. :)

O_o ??? virus ??? nope, try google paint.net, you will see it yourself.:shock:

I believe firefox popup on prevent to security I Notice it pop out cause I won`t click it I am lucky!

I believe firefox popup on prevent to security I Notice it pop out cause I won`t click it I am lucky!

I guess your pc is weird something not right, paint.net is well-known all over place on net, you must be far out and your anti-virus just full of bs.:roll:

I guess your pc is weird something not right, paint.net is well-known all over place on net, you must be far out and your anti-virus just full of bs.:roll:

no offense no accept@ Thank you!
you insult to me swearing to break, you lesson watch, no offense vulgar on swearing inappropriate to language! I see your watch your language be careful!

Thank , you mind your think stop think play game story, I am not play game!

closed /thread period!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back