Phonak

RiverSong

Reaction score
I finally decided to go with Phonak and am tryouts to decide between Sky Q-70 UP or Naída S UP. I can't find anything that will tell me the differences between the two. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!:wave:

I finally decided to go with Phonak and am tryouts to decide between Sky Q-70 UP or Naída S UP. I can't find anything that will tell me the differences between the two. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!:wave:

Basically the same except for colors, and a few extra things on the Sky Q to make them safer for small children.

Isn't the Sky Qs made specifically for children? I am not sure if that is what you are looking for.

The Naida Ss are currently discontinued model. They have been replaced with Naida Qs.

I currently wear Phonak Naida Q50 UP and love them.
showthread.php
I have made some modifications to them so they are better suited for me.

You can read up on my aids here(when I got the Q50s) and here(where I had DAIs added to my aids).

You yourself are the only one who can make that decision. Everyone responds to hearing technology differently, so the only answer is to take advantage of the trial period and see how they work for YOU!

Yea you want either the Sky Q 70 UP or the Naida Q 70 UP, not the Naida S UP as that's a discounted model.

I know someone who has just got the Sky Q 90 UP despite being an adult as she liked the colors better.

Thank You!

I saw the audiologist about an hour ago, and as some of you mentioned the model that she recommended the Naída S had been discontinued. Getting her to admit why she recommended the Naída was like pulling teeth; apparently she didn't mention the Sky Q because she has never worked with one. I live in an area with a large retired population, and by her own admission I am her youngest patient (23). She did say that due to the level of hearing loss as well as my life style that the Sky Q is the best decision. I told her that the next time she doesn't know something that she needs to tell me because by not telling me she is not helping me at all.
Thank you all! :wave:

I saw the audiologist about an hour ago, and as some of you mentioned the model that she recommended the Naída S had been discontinued. Getting her to admit why she recommended the Naída was like pulling teeth; apparently she didn't mention the Sky Q because she has never worked with one. I live in an area with a large retired population, and by her own admission I am her youngest patient (23). She did say that due to the level of hearing loss as well as my life style that the Sky Q is the best decision. I told her that the next time she doesn't know something that she needs to tell me because by not telling me she is not helping me at all.
Thank you all! :wave:

Yup.... Most people with loss are late deafened adults. You see the same thing with blind/low vision things...Most people with sight issues are late blinded...

Yup.... Most people with loss are late deafened adults. You see the same thing with blind/low vision things...Most people with sight issues are late blinded...

Late blinded, I never really thought about it. Physically, I wonder if it is easier to adapt.

Back