Phonak roger pen for uni?

Lauralein91

Reaction score
Hi there,
I unfortunately have a bit of a problem. My acoustician unfortunately sold me a old FM-System (Zoom Link) three years ago. The old FM-sytem is now broken and not reparable. That's why I need a new FM-System. The acoustician recomended the Roger pen, but I heard that the reach of the Roger Pen is not that great (10 metres). I need the the FM-System mainly for the University in lectures, courses and group work. Has anyone of you the Roger Pen? An alternative would be the Audio Comfort Digisystem with the Mico receiver ( http://www.comfortaudio.com/for-use...-product/product-overview/comfort-digisystem/ )

I hope someone can help me :) I'm a little bit desperate as I need a new FM-System soon as I'm starting my Exchange semester next month :(

Laura

My experience w
Hi there,
I unfortunately have a bit of a problem. My acoustician unfortunately sold me a old FM-System (Zoom Link) three years ago. The old FM-sytem is now broken and not reparable. That's why I need a new FM-System. The acoustician recomended the Roger pen, but I heard that the reach of the Roger Pen is not that great (10 metres). I need the the FM-System mainly for the University in lectures, courses and group work. Has anyone of you the Roger Pen? An alternative would be the Audio Comfort Digisystem with the Mico receiver ( http://www.comfortaudio.com/for-use...-product/product-overview/comfort-digisystem/ )

I hope someone can help me :) I'm a little bit desperate as I need a new FM-System soon as I'm starting my Exchange semester next month :(

Laura
My experience with the Roger Pen is that it needs to be fairly close to work well. The great thing is that it can easily change to a group setting. Sorry that I can't be more help.

My experience w

My experience with the Roger Pen is that it needs to be fairly close to work well. The great thing is that it can easily change to a group setting. Sorry that I can't be more help.

Thank you for your quick reply :) So you wouldn't recommend it for uni?

Thank you for your quick reply :) So you wouldn't recommend it for uni?
If you are willing to sit in the front two or three rows, I would. The students who I have use it also use preferential seating towards the front. I think it is an amazing system. What devices are you using it with?

Hi there,

Laura

The range in the newer Roger 1.1 Pen is quite good compared to the older Roger Pen. I can hear my TV through my Roger 1.1 Pen on the other side of my 12 bedroom house I live in.
The Roger Inspiro has an even better range.

The FM Genie transmitter can be programmed to work with your current receivers that you must have on your HAs.
My friend uses the FM Genie that way with her current ML10i receivers so doesn't end up being body worn.

Last edited:
If you are willing to sit in the front two or three rows, I would. The students who I have use it also use preferential seating towards the front. I think it is an amazing system. What devices are you using it with?

I have a new basic hearing aid from phonak. The aid I had before was the Phonak Naida. I just wanted to have a basic hearing aid as I had analogous hearing aids my whole life..and I had problems with the digital ones :(

That's sounds great :) I'm trying the Phonak Easy Pen at the moment and I love it for listening to music and watching series. I hope it' s also good for Uni because if it's not I can't keep it as I mainly need a FM-System for Uni :(

The FM Genie transmitter can be programmed to work with your current receivers that you must have on your HAs.
My friend uses the FM Genie that way with her current ML10i receivers so doesn't end up being body worn.
I'd heard that but then couldn't find a link for it to make sure spreading correct information. :)

That's sounds great :) I'm trying the Phonak Easy Pen at the moment and I love it for listening to music and watching series. I hope it' s also good for Uni because if it's not I can't keep it as I mainly need a FM-System for Uni :(

If you don't get on with the Easy Pen, ask to try the Inspiro as the range is way better with the Inspiro.

I've been using the roger pen for about 4 months now and its amazing !, makes a different in class and also when your out in about in noisy places. I've been plugging it into the T.V and its great. Only problem is, i feel like I can only hear one person at a time :)

The range in the newer Roger 1.1 Pen is quite good compared to the older Roger Pen. I can hear my TV through my Roger 1.1 Pen on the other side of my 12 bedroom house I live in.
The Roger Inspiro has an even better range.

that's why I loved the Inspiro too!

Back