Phonak Naida

At first today, the hearing aid worked fine. But then slowly over time, the volume decreased on its own, then went quiet. I got rid of the moisture in the tube and hook, changed battery... turned it back on and immediately it decreased in volume then went quiet. What the heck? Right now I have the hearing aid in my dry aid cannister, and sent off an email to my audie about it. Wearing the old hearing aid and enjoying music once again :). Got to love hearing aid troubles.

funny thing is... i had similar problem and i couldn't figure it out until way later.... there was a crack in tube at the base of ear mold. lol the tube was stiff. check your tube and hook thoroughly to see if there's any crack or puncture. if not.... then I'm as clueless as you :dunno2:

oh and also - make sure your ear is clean too... sometimes water lodges inside your canal after shower even several hours later.

my ear's clean and dry. will check for cracks/holes later on. thanks for the idea. Just weird, as it's never happened with my old hearing aid, ever. I've had holey tubes before, but that always resulted in feedback, not decrease in volume haha.

sound like overload? But you did the right thing by sending a email to your audie and wait for appointment to be set for you. I am sure your audie will want you to come in and look at our HA, you know they have equipment to test it.

last Friday he told me to come in again around 11:30ish this Friday. But he can get me in sooner if necessary, so I'll wait for his response.

At first today, the hearing aid worked fine. But then slowly over time, the volume decreased on its own, then went quiet. I got rid of the moisture in the tube and hook, changed battery... turned it back on and immediately it decreased in volume then went quiet. What the heck? Right now I have the hearing aid in my dry aid cannister, and sent off an email to my audie about it. Wearing the old hearing aid and enjoying music once again :). Got to love hearing aid troubles.

That happened to me on Friday! I have absoutely no idea why! It started working again the next day. I told my audie about it and she is going to talk to a Phonak rep about all of my Naida troubles tomorrow, before I see her on Tuesday. Both of my aids worked all weekend, hopefully they will work for the week to! I am busy busy busy this week and really can't have them dying!

Wow. That's just bizarre. My other hearing aids have never done that, so I'm just stumped. I'll just leave the Naida alone, let it get some "rest" and try it again tomorrow.

maybe it's a bad batch of ha's? you guys both got them around the same time so maybe a minor glitch? hopefully not tho!

Jenny had hers for a while before I got mine. I only had mine for a little over 2 weeks. Who knows though.

Going tomorrow to have some adustments done! Working on my list of things I want right now! I will let you know if I get any new info about the problems. My audi was supposed to talk to a Phonak rep today.

That happened to me on Friday! I have absoutely no idea why! It started working again the next day. I told my audie about it and she is going to talk to a Phonak rep about all of my Naida troubles tomorrow, before I see her on Tuesday. Both of my aids worked all weekend, hopefully they will work for the week to! I am busy busy busy this week and really can't have them dying!

ekkk girl, glad the audie is helping a great deal... sometimes I think they should wait abit longer like 6 months to a year to get the glitches or whatever wrong with it first... I guess they don't work when you want them to lol... (oops my bad)... do you take out your hearing aid batteries out when you not using them?? and leaving the battery compartment open as well to air out... just a thought... thanks for letting me know the problems as I've been thinking about the Naida myself... just gonna wait abit... smile

maybe it's a bad batch of ha's? you guys both got them around the same time so maybe a minor glitch? hopefully not tho!

yeah that's what I'm thinking tooo... maybe just tell them to switch you with another naida to see how it goes.. and maybe as Boult say an overload maybe the what is it called... noise cancel out??

yeah that's what I'm thinking tooo... maybe just tell them to switch you with another naida to see how it goes.. and maybe as Boult say an overload maybe the what is it called... noise cancel out??

I am on my 5th and 6th Naidas already! There are 4 others which didn't work and we already sent back.

ive never had any probs with my phonak but im guessing i dont ned to be as picky cuz my loss is only moderate

Alrighty! I have new info!

So my audiologist talked to the Phonak rep. They think the problem is the battery contacts. Something having to do with a wiring problem. They think the aids are turning off and then turning back on right away but since there is a 6 second delay on start-up it seems like they are off for a long time. I am going to stick with the aids that I have for now, and then once the problem seems to be fully resolved I will get two new ones. Apperently this is a fairly common problem with them so far.

I have had no problems of this sort with other Phonak aids I have used. It is just because the Naidas are SOOOOO new.

Also, I had her change the mic/FM ratio in my FM+Mic program. I also had her swap out speech in noise of an FM only program. the FM only program doesn't work though. We never tested it in her office so I sent her an email and I will probably go in on Friday to have it fixed. At least that is what she said would happen if there were problems. She seems to just assume that there will be problems now. I don't blame her.

Anyway, that is what I found out today.

battery contacts? really? My hearing aid never turns back on on its own when it cuts off. Never. I wait a while, just to give the hearing aid a chance, but it never comes back on. So I have to manually turn it off then back on to get it working again. hm.

I don't mean to butt into the conversation, but I can tell you that Phonak as a company has gone through drastic changes which has resulted in many key figures jumping ship. It's a company that is in transition, so be patient if you can.

Gen X batteries are used for Exelia which is their high end hearing aid that utilizes bluetooth to connect a persons cell phone to their hearing aid. They are required because Phonak decided to run at 10mhZ, well outside of the international standard for radio frequency. Anything greater than 3.80 and the battery life of ANY component becomes deficient, so they developed their own batteries in cooperation with PowerOne so the user didn't need a new battery ever 2 days.

One of my past aids just turned off - didn't turn back on. One of them had what I can only explain as a hearing ad seizure. It just beeped and turned on and off for like 30 seconds and then 6 seconds later turned back on and was normal.

The the Exelia BTE's, half-shells, and full-shells require the GenX batteries. The Exelias that take a size 10 battery do not because they don't support the wireless functions. The Naida V/III SuperPowers take a size 13 GenX, but the Naida V/III UltraPower take a regular size 675 battery.

I still think it's kinda funny the Phonak person I emailed got confused over the GenX/regular batteries for the Naida UPs. I dunno why, I'm odd like that.

Back