Phonak Naida

Was that my computer buzzing I was hearing? I think it was. Now, I've always heard my computer make noise before with the other hearing aids. But tonight, it was an actual BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, whoa. Was kind of loud and obnoxious. Whew.

Was that my computer buzzing I was hearing? I think it was. Now, I've always heard my computer make noise before with the other hearing aids. But tonight, it was an actual BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, whoa. Was kind of loud and obnoxious. Whew.

WOW! That is great!...I think!

Tonight I ordered the Hatis Epic dual earhook! I heard about it from you, and I am very excited to get it. I was holding off to see if I could hear music with the Naida before I ordered it. I have decided I can hear music well enough to warrant the purchase!

Hopefully I will be able to see my audi for some adjustments soon. I haven't really had any adjustments yet because I have been working on getting fully functioning aids. Now that I have that, I am on to perfecting the sound. I think the frequency compression may need to be adjusted, I want to FM/Mic ratio adjusted in my FM+Mic program, and maybe a few other things. I don't know yet. I fired off and email to my audi on Friday, hopefully she will get back to me early next week. She also was supposed to look into my speech in noise problems.

Oh I love the Hatis. very handy, I think. My FM transmitter likes to crash and break on me so often, and I can't stand to go more than a week without music. Drives me crazy.

I'm going to ask my audie about the frequency compression. I don't think he's done anything with that, but then, what do I know? got to love keeping a list of what to ask/adjust. :)

Yeah, my audi loves my lists haha. The best was when I decided I wasn't going to do anymore testing with the ENT because we new the cause of my hearing loss and further testing seemed redundant to me...anyway I went to my audiologists wth a list of arguments as to of why I shouldn't have to do more testing with my ENT. She is a stand alone, so not associated with my ENT but I still wanted her blessing to stop. She thought it was pretty funny that I went prepared to fight with her. She said it was the first time anyone had done that to her. I won too...without a fight really.

I don't really know what my full list for her is. I email her as stuff comes up and we hope that one of us remembers everything. Rarely happens though haha.

my audie was supposed to email me more info about the icom thing, as I asked him exactly how it worked and stuff. Still haven't gotten anything, dang it. I would much rather email him instead of using relay and calling the clueless receptionists. oy

I like never deal with my audis receptionist. Though she is really nice. I am always early for my appointments so we end up chatting for a while. A few weeks ago we had a debate about Americas Next Top Model haha. I set up all of my appointments and everything through my audi directly though. I think it helps because she knows exactly how much time she needs, and can often get me in a lot sooner because of it.

That's what I want to do with my audie, I know he can get me in sooner. but I don't have a direct number to him, don't have his email. So I have to go through the audies, and they're just impossible. "the audiologist's assistance says to make an appointment. how about *date more than a week from now at a time that doesn't work for me*" "uh no, I need to see him a lot sooner than that... can you please go talk to him?" blah! and they don't understand how the relay works, so they're asking for MY number so they can call me back. I'm usually at work when I make the relay calls. so irritating haha.

That's what I want to do with my audie, I know he can get me in sooner. but I don't have a direct number to him, don't have his email. So I have to go through the audies, and they're just impossible. "the audiologist's assistance says to make an appointment. how about *date more than a week from now at a time that doesn't work for me*" "uh no, I need to see him a lot sooner than that... can you please go talk to him?" blah! and they don't understand how the relay works, so they're asking for MY number so they can call me back. I'm usually at work when I make the relay calls. so irritating haha.

That is super frustrating. As far as I can tell Canada doesn't have an internet relay service which sucks! I don't have a TTY here. My parents have one but it doesn't make sense to take it from there because once I have one it will be easier if they have one too instead of having to use a relay with them. It has been really annoying having to get others to make phone calls for me...stupid Canada lol

Oh, internet relay is so wonderful. I can just get on the internet, go to i711.com and make my calls. Just there are plenty of people who are clueless about relay and how it works.

anyway... now the Naida seems to not work at all. It was working fine last night. But today, nada. I've only had it a week and half too. Changed batteries and all, nothing. At times, I will hear something, but it's incredibly quiet. Other times, absolutely nothing. What is going on? And I don't see my audie again until Friday. How frustrating. I did email Phonak about this though, to see if they had an idea of what could be going on. I'm starting to think maybe I should just stick with the Supero. So frustrating!

oh wait... NOW it works. what the hey? For half an hour today I fought with it. Played with the battery door and all, and mostly got nothing. But now, I heard it turn on and feedback. grrrrrrr

oh wait... NOW it works. what the hey? For half an hour today I fought with it. Played with the battery door and all, and mostly got nothing. But now, I heard it turn on and feedback. grrrrrrr

Hm, that particular problem never happened to me. Call your audie ASAP (it is a holiday here in Canada, I don't know if it is in the US) let him know that the aid has stopped working and that you would like him to order you a replacement. This is what my audi and I did every time one of mine didn't work. Though it was frustrating, eventually I ended up with two working aids. Keep at it. It is new technology and has more problems than any of us would like but it will all work out eventually.

WOW! That is great!...I think!

Tonight I ordered the Hatis Epic dual earhook! I heard about it from you, and I am very excited to get it. I was holding off to see if I could hear music with the Naida before I ordered it. I have decided I can hear music well enough to warrant the purchase!

Hopefully I will be able to see my audi for some adjustments soon. I haven't really had any adjustments yet because I have been working on getting fully functioning aids. Now that I have that, I am on to perfecting the sound. I think the frequency compression may need to be adjusted, I want to FM/Mic ratio adjusted in my FM+Mic program, and maybe a few other things. I don't know yet. I fired off and email to my audi on Friday, hopefully she will get back to me early next week. She also was supposed to look into my speech in noise problems.

Can you explain more about the Hatis Epic dual earhook as I'm planning to get new digital hearing aids and Naida is one of them that I'm gonna try since I've always had phonak superzoom 40 (can't even remember what I have lol)... I love love music too... I can't seem to find the right devices to hook up to my hearing aids... my audie (I like this copied from you) mentioned about the smarklink one... so I like to know more about how Hatis Epic dual earhook really works... I wish I could hook it to my car stereo like an ipod wouldn't that be something??

I'm just getting to the point with these hearing aids I have are shutting off by itself at odd times... a pain in the butt when I want to hear at that very moment.. grr..
lol smile

Can you explain more about the Hatis Epic dual earhook as I'm planning to get new digital hearing aids and Naida is one of them that I'm gonna try since I've always had phonak superzoom 40 (can't even remember what I have lol)... I love love music too... I can't seem to find the right devices to hook up to my hearing aids... my audie (I like this copied from you) mentioned about the smarklink one... so I like to know more about how Hatis Epic dual earhook really works... I wish I could hook it to my car stereo like an ipod wouldn't that be something??

I'm just getting to the point with these hearing aids I have are shutting off by itself at odd times... a pain in the butt when I want to hear at that very moment.. grr..
lol smile

HATIS® - BTE Products :: Epic

That should answer your questions :)

I also have the Phonak EasyLink. It is similar to the SmartLink. They are both FM transmitters and yes you can use them for music too. It is a bit of a clunky thing depending on the situation. You use the FM transmitter and hook it up to the Ipod or whatever using an audio cable. Then the music is transmitted to your hearing aids through your FM system. For me I don't like carrying around the FM transmitter, my neck loop (I don't have boot receivers...might change that soon) and my ipod. That was to much for me so I ordered the Hatis.

I have always hated neckloops, so the shoes for the hearing aid is very handy. WIRELESS! just leave the transmitter and ipod on the table and you can move around freely. Very nice. But since I have the older Phonak FM transmitter, I'll just use it at home on the computer only, and use Hatis when I leave the house.

And I did call the office, but again.. it's the lousy receptionist I got a hold of. And I wasn't in the mood to argue with her to see the audie ASAP so.. bleh. Today's a blah day for me, as are most Mondays haha.

I have always hated neckloops, so the shoes for the hearing aid is very handy. WIRELESS! just leave the transmitter and ipod on the table and you can move around freely. Very nice. But since I have the older Phonak FM transmitter, I'll just use it at home on the computer only, and use Hatis when I leave the house.

And I did call the office, but again.. it's the lousy receptionist I got a hold of. And I wasn't in the mood to argue with her to see the audie ASAP so.. bleh. Today's a blah day for me, as are most Mondays haha.

You shouldn't have to see the audie...just tell them to order you a new aid. I never saw my audi every time mine started to act up. I just told her and she ordered a new aid and I went in once the new aid was there. See if you can do that maybe?

I just hate that audiologists are so busy and have such full schedules, that it's impossible to get in just for 5 minutes for a simple adjustment. I would just much rather make my own adjustments, at least the small simple ones anyway. I would leave the more bigger adjustments to the audie.
How can they have a busy schedule? Is there only one audiologist and 1,000,000 deaf people to deal with?

Do you schedule your appointments in advance?

I live a few miles away from a hearing aid shop that is one of two in the city. (The other is about 15 miles away.) Both have several audiologists on staff and I've never had problem scheduling my check-ups in advance.

2 audies, both extremely busy. They're the best audies in the city.

and I'm not going to deal with the receptionists. Right now, the Naida is working fine. Why it was not working before I went to work, I don't know. But it's working fine now. I don't know though. If I could just directly contact my audie, I could have mentioned it to him and see what he had to say. But no, I can only connect to the receptionist, and they're such morons I just don't want to have to deal with them. They have no idea how important it is to get a message to the audie ASAP or anything like that, they don't understand how important adjustments are that I need to see the audie SOON rather than 2 weeks later. Even the audie's assistant is not of much help either.

Have you mentioned that to your audie? Maybe see if you can get his email?

I did the last time. Even he gets annoyed with them. When I see him, I'll be sure to get his email. He was supposed to email me something, but I haven't gotten anything.

The right aid turned itself off 4 times today. I noticed both aids were really quiet so I changed the batteries and right after that the stupid thing started turning itself off! I tried two other batteries, from different packages of batteries even - still did it. I emailed my audie, and Phonak. We shall see. I have a feeling she is going to order me another right aid. Again. This is starting to be ridiculous, and if nothing else annoying!

Back