Phonak Naida V vs Naida B?

I’ve ordered 4 different ones through Amazon. Not optimistic on any given the reviews. Seems as if these work on a very narrow selection of android phones. 90% of the reviews simply say, “doesn’t work on XXX.”

But I’ll report back in the unlikely event that any of these actually work with the Roger Pen.

Update. Two of the 4 different cables arrived, and as I feared they do not work with the pen. The pen seems not to recognize that a cable it plugged in. My guess is some unique pin in the connector. Two other ones coming, but...

I did email Phonak and they directed me to my audiologist. I'm not going to enjoy asking them after not buying it from them in the first place. :redface:

Another option. You could probably find a hearing aid place that sells Phonak that is not an audiologist and just buy from them.

You could also find a different audiologist and buy it.

Here is a hearing aid store online. You could check with them.

https://www.hearingdirect.com/us/

How’re you getting on with the audio cable?

I’d be willing to post to the USA for £4 shipping if you still need them?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Phonak-R...isten-To-Music-For-Hearing-Aids-/183601000717

That's generous of you to offer, but I'll not put you to the trouble...at least not yet. I do still have one (I have two pens) so I'm not out in the cold. I'll probably bite the bullet and ask my audiologist next time I'm in there. And keep watching ebay US.

None of the non-phonak specific cables worked. There's obviously something unique about the ones that come with the pen.

Curious. Were the one's you bought charging cable or audio cables?

Curious. Were the one's you bought charging cable or audio cables?

They were audio cables. Micro-usb to audio jack...either male or female. Seems like they were all designed for Android phones, and my guess is that they were designed for the micro-usb to be the audio source sending the signal to the audio jack. But with the pen it's the reverse...the micro-usb is the audio IN (to the pen from the source). I tried 4 different ones. None passed the audio signal to the pen.

This was posted on a FB group.

He/she uses audio cables from Wal Mart or Best Buy.

“Use a male to male cord audio cable found at Wal Mart or Best Buy.”

This was posted on a FB group.

He/she uses audio cables from Wal Mart or Best Buy.

“Use a male to male cord audio cable found at Wal Mart or Best Buy.”

Not sure what they mean by that. What is needed is a micro-usb to audio, either male or female. If female then use a male to male adaptor. But like I said, none of them work. The male to male adaptor isn’t the problem. It’s the micro-usb to audio that’s the problem. I can find plenty of cables with the correct connectors, but they don’t actually pass the audio signal.

Last edited:
You could do male-to-male cable with the charging/docking base, but that won't help if you want to listen to music while walking/running/etc.

You could do male-to-male cable with the charging/docking base, but that won't help if you want to listen to music while walking/running/etc.

Yeah, that's what I need. The mobile cable. The base is fine for at my home office or work. I have three bases, and those cables can be found anywhere. It's that little micro-usb/audio that seems unique in some way. Not the connectors, but the function.

I'm going to message a few ebay sellers that seem to have a lot of Roger accessories to see if they have any they'd sell me.

LOL, Audio cables are cables that provide audio like the cable that you want to have, to listen to music with when out and about! LOL.

LOL. That's not what I meant. I meant I wasn't sure how a male to male audio cable addressed my problem. ;)

That said, I found an ebay seller who deals with Roger accessories has access to the specific cables, though they aren't listed on ebay. They're selling 5 to me for $3 each. Jackpot!

BTW. A special Happy New Year to all of you who have helped me in this thread. Much appreciated!

LOL. That's not what I meant. I meant I wasn't sure how a male to male audio cable addressed my problem. ;)

That said, I found an ebay seller who deals with Roger accessories has access to the specific cables, though they aren't listed on ebay. They're selling 5 to me for $3 each. Jackpot!

That’s a bonus!

Back