Phonak Naida V vs Naida B?

PinballWiz

Reaction score
I’m confused by the Naida B vs Naida V. Is the B a replacement for the V?

Thanks. My audiologist fitted me with a Naida B UP on Friday. He wasn't particularly helpful on the difference. He's not really a Phonak guy normally. so I'm a bit on my own with research. So far I'm liking the extra power I'm getting over my old Starkey RIC's.

Thanks. My audiologist fitted me with a Naida B UP on Friday. He wasn't particularly helpful on the difference. He's not really a Phonak guy normally. so I'm a bit on my own with research. So far I'm liking the extra power I'm getting over my old Starkey RIC's.

Glad you are liking them.

I wear the Phonak Naida Q90 UP and I love mine.

Curious if you've used the ComPilot accessory. My audiologist has me trialing this. The problem I'm having is that while phone calls work fine, streaming audio (from any source, bluetooth or audio cable) is choppy and intermittent when the ComPilot is worn normally around my neck. The only way to get reliable streaming without the sound cutting out is to have it around my neck and actually hold up the neck loop to within an inch of the hearing aid. Obviously this is unworkable.

I've done all of the troubleshooting options offered in the manual. Any experience with this? No I'm not wearing any bulky clothing. It just won't work without the loop being practically right up against the aid.

To me that sounds like a bad cord on the ComPilot. I have had my ComPilot since 2013 and did have a problem that I can't remember the details of that was solved by getting a new cord.

It does sound like you need a new cord. I’ve used a ComPilot in the past but now use a Phonak Roger System.

It does sound like you need a new cord. I’ve used a ComPilot in the past but now use a Phonak Roger System.

How would you compare the two options? I'm going to ask to trial the Roger system (integrated receiver and probably the Pen to start) also as it suits my lifestyle better (no neck gear) but how would you compare the audio quality and ease of use?

How would you compare the two options? I'm going to ask to trial the Roger system (integrated receiver and probably the Pen to start) also as it suits my lifestyle better (no neck gear) but how would you compare the audio quality and ease of use?

I personally find the Roger System a lot better then the ComPilot. I’ve got EasyRoger enabled so I don’t have to bother with changing programs.

I bought my system off eBay for less then $300 with 2017 serial numbers.

I should say the only downside to the Roger System and music is you have to use a cable to listen to music. You can’t do it via Bluetooth.

I should say the only downside to the Roger System and music is you have to use a cable to listen to music. You can’t do it via Bluetooth.

Aaargh. Didn't realize that. It's always something, eh? But...I think I'd still prefer that to something around my neck. I definitely need to eval it.

Do you use the Pen? How long does a charge last on the Pen for normal use? Will it last a full day? Can additional charging bases be purchased? It'd be nice to have a base at home, and another at my office. I know you can charge without a base, but having the base at the office would allow a permanent audio connection to my workstation, for Skype etc.

Thanks for providing info here. I know my audiologist should be able to answer these questions but I can't just ring them up everytime I think of something. It's great that you all are willing to provide the answers and experiences that you do.

Aaargh. Didn't realize that. It's always something, eh? But...I think I'd still prefer that to something around my neck. I definitely need to eval it.

Do you use the Pen? How long does a charge last on the Pen for normal use? Will it last a full day? Can additional charging bases be purchased? It'd be nice to have a base at home, and another at my office. I know you can charge without a base, but having the base at the office would allow a permanent audio connection to my workstation, for Skype etc.

Thanks for providing info here. I know my audiologist should be able to answer these questions but I can't just ring them up everytime I think of something. It's great that you all are willing to provide the answers and experiences that you do.

They say they Pen only last 6 hours but my EasyPen lasts around 10 hours before I get the low battery warning.

On my days off, I can watch TV with it all day and be okay.

I don’t know if the Pen only last 6 hours because of the Bluetooth as the EasyPen doesn’t have Bluetooth.

I charge my EasyPen over night so it’s plugged in ALL night.

Yes you can buy separate bases (docking stations). I have two myself.

You could always buy the Pen from your audiologist but then buy another Pen from eBay to save money.

They say they Pen only last 6 hours but my EasyPen lasts around 10 hours before I get the low battery warning.

On my days off, I can watch TV with it all day and be okay.

I don’t know if the Pen only last 6 hours because of the Bluetooth as the EasyPen doesn’t have Bluetooth.

I charge my EasyPen over night so it’s plugged in ALL night.

Yes you can buy separate bases (docking stations). I have two myself.

You could always buy the Pen from your audiologist but then buy another Pen from eBay to save money.

Thanks. I'm going to see my audiologist tomorrow for an adjustment to the Naida aid. Everyone sounds like Sean Connery...or more specifically a lot of "s" sounds come across as "sh." She shellsh shea shellsh by the sheashore.

I was reading on some other forum that this can have something to do with the Sound Recover component of the phonak, which I guess takes very high pitched sounds and duplicates them in a lower frequency range. Hopefully that can be adjusted (or turned off) because I'm already starting to talk like 1960's era James Bond.

But I'm going to ask that they order a receiver and Pen. I do think that will provide better usability for me personally.

I personally can not get on with Sound Recover myself. I find I hear better without it.

I should say that there is a new transmitter out called the Phonak Select. I trialed it and it is very good.

I personally can not get on with Sound Recover myself. I find I hear better without it.

Yep. Went in today and had her turn it off. Much better. The "S" sounding like "SH" is all gone. I told her my biggest fear was someone suggesting that I "go sit over there," and it resulted in an embarrassing misunderstanding.

She's ordering me the Roger 19 integrated receiver and the Pen to trial. If I like the Roger platform I can see adding the Select specifically for my office at work. The Pen seems like an easier mobile device.

What did you like better about the Select? Ease of use? Sound quality?

Yep. Went in today and had her turn it off. Much better. The "S" sounding like "SH" is all gone. I told her my biggest fear was someone suggesting that I "go sit over there," and it resulted in an embarrassing misunderstanding.

She's ordering me the Roger 19 integrated receiver and the Pen to trial. If I like the Roger platform I can see adding the Select specifically for my office at work. The Pen seems like an easier mobile device.

What did you like better about the Select? Ease of use? Sound quality?

It was a lot better in noise. It seemed to pick the voices up a lot better when placed on the table.

Glad you’ve sorted out the Sound Recover issue.

Just be aware when your audiologist adds the Roger program to your Naidas, it’ll turn on Sound Recover back on. Ask to turn it off again.

I personally find the Roger System a lot better then the ComPilot. I’ve got EasyRoger enabled so I don’t have to bother with changing programs.

I bought my system off eBay for less then $300 with 2017 serial numbers.

Picked up my Roger Pen from my audiologist (with the Roger 19 integrated receiver for the Naida B) and I have to say...I really like it so far. Taking phone calls is seamless, and I like being able to connect it to pretty much any sound source...my workstation at the office, the TV at home, my phone on the go, etc. Yeah, the last one is annoying as it requires a cable, but that's not a killer.

But most importantly the mic has been really effective so far. Just laying it on the edge of my desk allowed me to hear the low-talker software developer when he came by my office. I've never heard him speak before. I always just nodded when he said something to me. (Who knows how many things I've promised him that I have no idea about.) But the Roger Pen picked up his voice and allowed a natural conversation. I'm not scheduled to go back to the audiologist to review this stuff for a couple of weeks, but I think the Roger is a winner.

I can't wait to try it in a bar, since I spend half my life there. Not really. But, yeah.

Back