Phonak Naida V vs Naida B?

Yes you can buy separate bases (docking stations). I have two myself.

You could always buy the Pen from your audiologist but then buy another Pen from eBay to save money.
Since you purchased some of the ebay items, can you field a couple of questions?

When my audiologist set up the Roger, all she seemed to do was attach the Roger 19 Receiver to the Naida B, then pair the Pen to the Receiver, all of which I could have done on my own. There didn't seem to be any programming involved on the HA side, beyond physically mounting the receiver. Does this suggest that I could get a spare Pen or other Roger device on ebay and simply use it without any audiologist intervention? Unlike the ComPilot, there didn't seem to be specific programming/pairing needed.

Are there any caveats about buying used Roger components on ebay that I need to be aware of?

NaidaUP

Since you purchased some of the ebay items, can you field a couple of questions?

When my audiologist set up the Roger, all she seemed to do was attach the Roger 19 Receiver to the Naida B, then pair the Pen to the Receiver, all of which I could have done on my own. There didn't seem to be any programming involved on the HA side, beyond physically mounting the receiver. Does this suggest that I could get a spare Pen or other Roger device on ebay and simply use it without any audiologist intervention? Unlike the ComPilot, there didn't seem to be specific programming/pairing needed.

Are there any caveats about buying used Roger components on ebay that I need to be aware of?
Yes you can buy more Roger equipment on eBay and it’ll work.

Yes you can buy more Roger equipment on eBay and it’ll work.
Thanks. Sorry to badger you with questions, but you seem to have a good handle on these devices.

So the pen from my audiologist is in my possession on a trial. I like it quite a lot. In the meantime I've ordered a second, used Pen from ebay. Version 1.1 same as the new one, and all accessories. $179.00, far cheaper than new.

So my question is, can I pair two pens independent of one another to my integrated receiver? From the manual it talks about paring a second pen with the first pen to created a network of multiple microphones. But what I'd really like to have is two completely separate pens that I can switch between without too much hassle. Say, one that stays at my office (or home) safely and a different one that I carry around. Is there anything that would prevent me from doing that? Like, having to re-pair pens anytime I wanted to switch between them?

Of course, I could also keep the receiver I got from the Audi and return the pen, keeping the ebay one. Not sure how much money the audi makes off of these but I'd feel a little guilty doing that as they've been so accommodating during this trial. Being able to use both would be ideal.

NaidaUP

Thanks. Sorry to badger you with questions, but you seem to have a good handle on these devices.

So the pen from my audiologist is in my possession on a trial. I like it quite a lot. In the meantime I've ordered a second, used Pen from ebay. Version 1.1 same as the new one, and all accessories. $179.00, far cheaper than new.

So my question is, can I pair two pens independent of one another to my integrated receiver? From the manual it talks about paring a second pen with the first pen to created a network of multiple microphones. But what I'd really like to have is two completely separate pens that I can switch between without too much hassle. Say, one that stays at my office (or home) safely and a different one that I carry around. Is there anything that would prevent me from doing that? Like, having to re-pair pens anytime I wanted to switch between them?

Of course, I could also keep the receiver I got from the Audi and return the pen, keeping the ebay one. Not sure how much money the audi makes off of these but I'd feel a little guilty doing that as they've been so accommodating during this trial. Being able to use both would be ideal.
Yes you can pair to each Pen individually.

I’ve got 2 x Pens and I use them individually. I’ve never used them in a network.

BTW. Had my follow-up with the audiologist. The pricing for the Roger stuff was more than I'd anticipated, by about 50% The integrated 19 receiver was $750 (I was thinking more like $400), and the Pen was $1500 (I was thinking $800-$900)! The single Naida B UP was $2995, which is what I expected. As much as I wanted to be fair to the Audi, I couldn't justify $1500 for one pen when I can get them for $175 each on ebay. I kept the receiver (even though $750 seemed stupid) and of course the Naida B UP, but turned the pen back in. I was straight with them on the reason, and they understood, or said they did. Heck, I can buy eight pens for what they were going to charge me for one! I also kept the ComPilot for $250. There are occasions where that would be more convenient that the pen.

The ebay pen that I have works fine, and I'll pick up another one (or 7). I wonder where these come from? The seller(s) seem to have a steady supply so it's not just someone's dead grandma's device. Now, if I could only find a Roger Select on ebay. But those don't seem to exist in that market.

AlleyCat

Lol @ “dead grandma’s device”....

I’m happy for you, sounds like you have a plan. I have ReSound Enzos which I adore, but I still read these threads to see what other products are out there.

Last edited:

Communication Software for Deaf Hard of Hearing - NexTalk