Phonak Naida Ultra Power?

go with the Ultra! they can be for a severe-profound loss. (might order SP/UP if I am in a bad range, good range=I can go nuts for the stuff Oticon has right now LOL)

phonak Sup

I got a new dimension of sound with SUP fitted this week. Audiologist covered her face and hissed and made noises I could identify for the first time in years. Now at the cafe I can join conversations without saying 'what was that' all the time. Still can't figure if the Ultra Phonak will give me even more.

I got a new dimension of sound with SUP fitted this week. Audiologist covered her face and hissed and made noises I could identify for the first time in years. Now at the cafe I can join conversations without saying 'what was that' all the time. Still can't figure if the Ultra Phonak will give me even more.

It is not just a matter of what you can understand NOW. But . . .leeway if you have an additional drop in the future. A more powerful one has more range to be set differently in the future without you having to spend the additional money to change aids yet again.

It is not just a matter of what you can understand NOW. But . . .leeway if you have an additional drop in the future. A more powerful one has more range to be set differently in the future without you having to spend the additional money to change aids yet again.

thanks, I'll keep in mind about that! ;D

I'm 61 with lifelong deafness w/total loss in right and profound in the left.
Hearing loss range is between 90db/100db. Current HA: PHONAK OK! Plus UP

I have nadia Q90-UP.
I like them, when they work...
I've had nothing but trouble with them.
I went to Phonak USA head quarters Friday
spoke with them about issues I'm having.

they wouldn't return calls or help me just told me to go to their dealers.
local Dealer wanted $100 office visit because I didn't buy them from them...
I bought them in Texas, now living in Wisconsin..

I'll let you know what / how phonak handles this.
I used to have Octcon E-38's that were totally trouble free...

I have nadia Q90-UP.
I like them, when they work...
I've had nothing but trouble with them.
I went to Phonak USA head quarters Friday
spoke with them about issues I'm having.

they wouldn't return calls or help me just told me to go to their dealers.
local Dealer wanted $100 office visit because I didn't buy them from them...
I bought them in Texas, now living in Wisconsin..

I'll let you know what / how phonak handles this.
I used to have Octcon E-38's that were totally trouble free...

I had a similar problem, but with the actual place that SOLD mine to me. They said since the warranty went out the month before, they couldn't help me unless I paid them some serious $$$ like $150 to start, more when it came back. I said, if I do that, can I have a loaner hearing aid? They said no. Before I left, I told them they just lost a customer... me!

My solution was to take it to the local Community College that trains people for the hearing business. They were glad to help. I got the hearing aid fixed and they let me have a loaner until it came back. And it cost half what the other place was going to charge. So, look to your local college for help. Since then I've had my filters change, new tubing, and a few items such as a product that keeps the hearing aid moister free at night all for free.

Added... the same place wanted to charge me $150 to re-program the HA. The college did it for free.

Last edited:
I've been happy with the Naida IX UP myself. Speak with your audiologist and ask if you can trial high-powered hearing aids (Naida, Oticon's Chili) so you can get a feel for them and decide which one will work best for you.
hi agen, i was just wondering if the Naida UP is the loudest hearing aid on the market? if it is, i will be very sad cuz all it lets me hear(super-quietly) is a very few kinds of car and truck horns honking beside me. without hearing aids i can hear a jack-hammer beside me very quietly. i love construction sites!!!!

Last edited:
The Naida UP is the loudest digital HA on the market, though I am not sure if it is the loudest HA in general. Still, you have to keep in mind that it doesn't amplify anything under 140 Hz and the sealed earmold will mostly block those sounds, so your low frequency response will be practically nonexistant.

The Naida UP is the loudest digital HA on the market, though I am not sure if it is the loudest HA in general. Still, you have to keep in mind that it doesn't amplify anything under 140 Hz and the sealed earmold will mostly block those sounds, so your low frequency response will be practically nonexistant.
hi, thank you for answering!! atleest now i know i can stop looking for something louder... but i am still very sad about it. now i know my only hope of hearing speech is getting a CI. i am quite scared that the comitee who desides if i qualafy for a CI or not will say no just cuz i can lipread so good and i can talk quite good too. my audiologist is seeing me tomorrow to get the prosess started of pre-qualafying.

Back