Phonak Naida Ultra Power?

Right now I've got the Phonak Savia Arts. They are a few years old now, and both the Phonak people and folks on this site are telling me that the newer technology for the Naidas is better.

I'm reasonably satisfied with the Savias; I have no pressing urgency to spend another several thousand dollars on aids that might only be marginally better. But if they're a LOT better, then I'd do it.

One of the annoying things about them is that there is no way (or so I was told) to keep the automatic program, the "home" program, stable. If you were in automatic, it would automatically switch itself around if it thought you would be better off in another program. This drives me stark raving bonkers in the car, especially with top down, where I find the home program is perfectly good, but it won't stay the hell put!! It cycles through the other programs, like it's telling itself: "try this - nope. ok, try that...nope, ok, try the other thing..." and it keeps going and going but won't land on one. So if I want a program to stay the same, I have to pick one, but honestly, in that situation, the basic home program is the best.

SO - I found out, talking to the Phonak people at HLAA, that there IS a solution for this, which is to install a "calm" program in one of the slots. "Calm" is the same as the home program but it will stay put. I'm going to ask my audi to put that in. I'll probably sacrifice the "comfort in noise" program, which I don't use all that often.

Whether or not the Naidas are better, I don't know. Obviously no better way to know for sure than to try some out for myself, but I was interested in hearing other people's opinions.

I am puzzled it problem issue cause trouble pretty sound! issues blurred I think so not sure < I figure out technical issues hearing aid! pretty complication

@AlicaM, I have the UP from Oticon in the pedatric version and I gotta say these are wonderful

phonak naida up

I would like to chime in on the Phonak Naidas UP. I have a profound hearing loss. I picked up a pair last week. I also got an ICOM for Bluetooth capability with my cell phone. I went through about 25 minutes of fine tuning in the office. We HA wearers know all to well the adjustment period with a new aid. I always dreaded the day when my old aid would die. That meant a new aid with a different sound and frustrating adjustments. So far I have been astonished at the clarity of these aids. Even in a noisy restaurant they perform better than anything I have ever owned. The icom is awesome and works flawlessly. I am hearing sounds I haven't heard in years. The only downside is they are pricey. I also suspect that you need an audi that knows how to adjust these things.

I would like to chime in on the Phonak Naidas UP. I have a profound hearing loss. I picked up a pair last week. I also got an ICOM for Bluetooth capability with my cell phone. I went through about 25 minutes of fine tuning in the office. We HA wearers know all to well the adjustment period with a new aid. I always dreaded the day when my old aid would die. That meant a new aid with a different sound and frustrating adjustments. So far I have been astonished at the clarity of these aids. Even in a noisy restaurant they perform better than anything I have ever owned. The icom is awesome and works flawlessly. I am hearing sounds I haven't heard in years. The only downside is they are pricey. I also suspect that you need an audi that knows how to adjust these things.

Yeah, you do need an audi that knows how to adjust them... I am getting used to the sounds... still not positive if I like all the sounds... but my audi and I spent 2.5 hours getting them set up... and have another 1.5 scheduled for the week after next for more fine tuning. I have thought about the icom, but haven't gotten them yet, since the HA's themselves were over $4000.

Yeah, you do need an audi that knows how to adjust them... I am getting used to the sounds... still not positive if I like all the sounds... but my audi and I spent 2.5 hours getting them set up... and have another 1.5 scheduled for the week after next for more fine tuning. I have thought about the icom, but haven't gotten them yet, since the HA's themselves were over $4000.

sound interesting expensive costs wow! I am surprised!:shock:

Ash, I know what you mean about all the new sounds. I can hear myself breathing sometimes when I'm in a quiet room. If I think about it, it would probably drive me insane. As you probably already know, it's going to take your brain some time to adjust to all these new sounds. My audi cut me a deal on the icom w/tv link. It works really well. By the way, I owe the folks on this site a "thank you". This is a very informative site for hearing impaired folks like myself. It was here that I got all my information before making a decision on the Naida's. So far I have been very happy.

I have Naida UP and I think it is the best hearing aid I ever had.

I think I have to agree with you personally. I am on trial now until at the end of this month. Same brand that you have...

I did not realized how much I missed some background noises. My old Starkey PXP is alright, but the Phonax is much better. The communication is somewhat much better that capture the voices a sort of right sound patterns - I can't describe it.

Funny, when I wear the Naidas in the car, I realized how much noises in the background. I used to complain that my Mom doesn't get it what I tried to say something that turned me off until I found out with my Naidas. Oh boy! I see what the hell going on in the damn noise which mean that I have to talk louder than I expected. Do you have that problem?

I have a problem with only one hearing aid that makes a small feedback when I am wearing a hat. I think I should ask my audiologist about that.

Off record, I think that Martin Martlin would have donated some money to Phonax instead. I'm sure that you have heard about her story a couple of months ago.

I think I have to agree with you personally. I am on trial now until at the end of this month. Same brand that you have...

I did not realized how much I missed some background noises. My old Starkey PXP is alright, but the Phonax is much better. The communication is somewhat much better that capture the voices a sort of right sound patterns - I can't describe it.

Funny, when I wear the Naidas in the car, I realized how much noises in the background. I used to complain that my Mom doesn't get it what I tried to say something that turned me off until I found out with my Naidas. Oh boy! I see what the hell going on in the damn noise which mean that I have to talk louder than I expected. Do you have that problem?

I have a problem with only one hearing aid that makes a small feedback when I am wearing a hat. I think I should ask my audiologist about that.

Off record, I think that Martin Martlin would have donated some money to Phonax instead. I'm sure that you have heard about her story a couple of months ago.

I actually love the Naida in attempting to differentiate sounds around me. :)

And Matlin supports Starkey and their program to get hearing aids to people who really need them and can't pay, so it makes sense she gave the money there.

My Naida's automatically go into "speech in noise" when I'm in the car and dampens the outside noises. Of course, that means other sounds (voices, radio) also get dampened and I have to turn up the radio.

You may need to get a new ear mold made. The one in that ear may not be "snug" enough. It's not unusual for new ear molds to have to be replaced for poor fit.

It's good to know that we finally found the right ones.

Hmm, the speech in noise... does this means that my hearing aid has a program to block that noise? If so, what it is called? Will it affects the sound waves if changes?

...so that I can ask my audiologist about it. It is not easy for me to make a new appointment with my audiologist because it is always booked out that make me wait for another month or two. Isn't that something not right?

The only thing that I'm hurt that many audiologists make a massive profit in all times that you ever imagine. Beside, I just like my audiologist, but she is very hungry for money to expand her large luxury lifestyle.

Hmm, the speech in noise... does this means that my hearing aid has a program to block that noise? If so, what it is called? Will it affects the sound waves if changes?

...so that I can ask my audiologist about it. It is not easy for me to make a new appointment with my audiologist because it is always booked out that make me wait for another month or two. Isn't that something not right?

The only thing that I'm hurt that many audiologists make a massive profit in all times that you ever imagine. Beside, I just like my audiologist, but she is very hungry for money to expand her large luxury lifestyle.

I don't have that program. It doesnt' have to be there, and it isn't going to do me any good anyway. You can get the audiologist to take it away.

NoiseBlock - Experience comfortable hearing.
NoiseBlock suppresses loud meaningless background noise like engines or fans without reducing the speech sounds you want to hear.

Do you have the Naida or he Naida S (newer version)? As I was looking this up I saw all the new things the Naida S has...wah!

Hope be recommend to audilogoy best professional help you explain!
clear easy tutorioal!

NoiseBlock - Experience comfortable hearing.
NoiseBlock suppresses loud meaningless background noise like engines or fans without reducing the speech sounds you want to hear.

Do you have the Naida or he Naida S (newer version)? As I was looking this up I saw all the new things the Naida S has...wah!

It's Naida S III UP. I didn't ask her whether this is a new version or not.

It has a dark surface that matches my hair. I had light tan surface hearing aids most of my life. Now, I'm happy with the new color - finally!

It's Naida S III UP. I didn't ask her whether this is a new version or not.

It has a dark surface that matches my hair. I had light tan surface hearing aids most of my life. Now, I'm happy with the new color - finally!

hear enjoy fun you are happy :)

Use Phonak S or Phonak U ?

I have used Phonak and upgraded. Having experiences in conversation not enjoyed for years trialling with new Naida Q Super then realised Ultra is out there. No one seems to know the difference apart from more power. Should I be using the Ultra. I have severe deafness developed last 5 years. Any help seriously appreciated.

really, the Ultra just has more power, uses the 675 size batteries. Useful for those with severe enough hearing loss. I typically go for the Ultra myself just because of how severe my hearing loss is in the right ear.

You should get the UP Naida, bigger battery which means better battery life. It'll also mean you have more power if your hearing loss did decide to get worse. The size different is really tiny.

I've got the Naida UP, I would never of looked in to the Naida SP for myself.

thanks. what i really need to know is that my high notes are badly damaged am I going to hear more with the Ultra or is it just longer battery life or louder ? I was told that what I have with SUP (trialling now) suffices for my current state and has the same featurs as Ultra. If I thought that anything would improve I'd go with Ultra. Feel lost. Don't want to miss out on kids talking.

Back