Phonak Icom users, your experience ?

highlands

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting an Icom for my naida V sp . I need it for cell phone use . Although I will be getting telecoil earhooks , I assume an I com is better for phone use ? What is your experience on this if you use (or used ) icom ? Thanks in advance.

I am thinking of getting an Icom for my naida V sp . I need it for cell phone use . Although I will be getting telecoil earhooks , I assume an I com is better for phone use ? What is your experience on this if you use (or used ) icom ? Thanks in advance.

First of all, get the ComPilot, not the iCom (ComPilot is the newer version). It has a longer battery life, removable cord (ask for both lengths as it will be cheaper to get the "spare" at the same time as you get the ComPilot) and, depending on your Naidas (are they S(pice) or pre-Spice?) can be used as a remote control.

I use mine with my cellphone, to watch TV (with the TVLink) and plug it into an FM receiver to use at church. I recently got the RemoteMic which will bluetooth to the ComPilot and have used that in places that don't have FM, even though it really is for someone to wear while having a one-to-one conversation.

When talking on the phone, because I use the shorter cord, I do get echoing sometimes, but I put up with that because I can hear better this way then having to hold the phone up to my HAs.

Thanks but I was told I cannot use compilot with my naida core V sp aids since the compilot doesn't appear on the ipfg software and therefore cannot be paired to naida core hearing aids.

Thanks but I was told I cannot use compilot with my naida core V sp aids since the compilot doesn't appear on the ipfg software and therefore cannot be paired to naida core hearing aids.

It can be used with the core Naidas. The only thing you can't use the compilot as, is the remote but EVERYTHING else on the compilot will work.

Compilot is a lot better and I believe the icom has been discontinued.

I think the deciding factor may be whether the boot is dynamic or not.

I checked out the ComPilot, but I opted for the smartlink plus instead. I think the smartlink has better sound, but it is much more expensive.

As VacationGuy234 said, it can be used with the pre-Spice Naida's, just not the remote. I have Naida IX UP's (pre-Spice) and it works fine for me.

I think the deciding factor may be whether the boot is dynamic or not.

I checked out the ComPilot, but I opted for the smartlink plus instead. I think the smartlink has better sound, but it is much more expensive.

There isn't a boot with the compilot. The compilot is stereo but isn't Dymantic.

As VacationGuy234 said, it can be used with the pre-Spice Naida's, just not the remote. I have Naida IX UP's (pre-Spice) and it works fine for me.

Can you tell me how you managed this ? My audilogist could not find out a way yet. She contacted the distributor and she said they would directly contact the phonak and try to find a solution.

Can you tell me how you managed this ? My audilogist could not find out a way yet. She contacted the distributor and she said they would directly contact the phonak and try to find a solution.

I don't recall if my Audi did anything special. She may have called the Phonak rep for help, but I think that was more for how to have both the iCom I already had & the ComPilot both paired with the HAs.

:hmm: Wondering if she was using the updated software. Maybe your Audie doesn't have the current version of software?

The compilot has improved software inside and will link to your Naida straight away. My friend got the compilot last year with core Naidas and it work straight away.

Hmm. Thanks for the information. I am gonna wait for my audiologist's response to me. Then she and I will discuss this.

I don't recall if my Audi did anything special. She may have called the Phonak rep for help, but I think that was more for how to have both the iCom I already had & the ComPilot both paired with the HAs.

:hmm: Wondering if she was using the updated software. Maybe your Audie doesn't have the current version of software?

She uses latest softwares. She said that it might be possible to pair core naida and compilot after the core naida software is updated. I mean the software or firmware inside the naida core hearing aid.

She uses latest softwares. She said that it might be possible to pair core naida and compilot after the core naida software is updated. I mean the software or firmware inside the naida core hearing aid.

Maybe your Audi needs the phonak rep to come out as it can be done but your Audi doesn't seem to know the basic.

The compilot will work straight out the box anyway but it will also pop up on the software when you plug the compilot in with the software open. Very simple.

Not sure about the Icom, but on the Streamer the phone is hard to hear in extreme noise.

Back