PetNo?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
I was going through some of my old bookmarked links and came across this that I saved last Spring.

PETNO

http://www.petcocruelty.com

Basically, this site is about animal abuse and cruelty. It is aimed towards PETCO. You'll find information on what do to if you find abused animals at PETCO.

When I found this, it reminded me of a time when I went to PETCO a few years ago and saw a rat that seemed to have trouble breathing. In the same cage, there was another rat that looked dead in the corner with its body belly-up. I asked an employee that was working and he came up to see what was wrong. He looked at the rat that seemed to be breathing weirdly. He said, "Yeah, looks like it's sick." He then looked at the rat in the corner, tapped the glass a few times, then said, "I guess it's dead. Oh well..." He then walked away. My ex-girlfriend and I walked out of the store immediately because it upset her. If I was there myself, I would have taken the time to report it.

Any of you ever experience this?

Note: I'm not asking for a review of a site nor am I debating on an issue. That's why I put it in General Discussions.

Well, PetCo is well-known neglect animals or not experience to take care of..

Yes, I have those experiences even i called rescue, they came and checked on... few birds which one of them have leg was tangle and backward.. (broken).. and other one plucked almost most of bottom part and doesnt look good.. also other critters and reptiles arent look good too..

The best thing to call rescue and report them.. they will come and look and decided which to shut down or file court report for neglect.. :)

I've always been against animal cruelty -- it's so inhumane hearing and seeing articles about a variety of animals being abused physically and emotionally. The animals are unable to verbally express what has happened to them and so forth. Their just about the only defence is to attack the abuser. They were trying to protect themselves.

:eek:

"Petco employees reported to Animal Care and Control officials that they were ordered to place live animals—sick and dying—in the freezer."

I went there several times and I wasn't aware of well-known bad reputation about PetCo! That's so fking sick!
and thanks for the link, Vamp!

i CANT stand animal abuse/neglect -- i CANT even stand watching tv program abt animal cops u know where the cops go find abused/neglected animals and arrest the owners for abuse/neglect cuz the animals on the show looked so awful just makes me :(

any animals from the pet stores ARE not to be sold from there. I rather have gone to the humane soceity or a special place like this one Rainbow Friends Animal Sanctuary thats where i got my new puppy from the place has a 10 acre yard and alot of running feild properly fed it just opened a yr ago so theres a new building in process right now :) but other wise it's GREAT! I hope that there NEVER is another animal cruelity!

I know how you feel. PetCo charge too much and you have to pay extra for the shots and stuff. However, if you were to visit Lollypop Farm, you're sure to get a bet cheap and all shots are included.

Fly Free said:
i CANT stand animal abuse/neglect -- i CANT even stand watching tv program abt animal cops u know where the cops go find abused/neglected animals and arrest the owners for abuse/neglect cuz the animals on the show looked so awful just makes me :(

Hugggs Stephie.. Yeah I cant stand watch them but I love those shows.. I watched almost never missed.. there are three different states .. Animal Cops - from detriot, Mich... Animal Precinct- from New York.. Animal Cops - Huston, Tx. I know its heartwrenching but I feel that i learn alot.. mad/angry at ex owners, cry with the animals cuz they are in pain/sufferings.. and happy when they end up a good new home...

That's makes me feel that I should set goal to buy one of those many adanboned farms/ranches in MN.. remodel it with many each special stall room for reptiles, birds, cats (have to separate rooms cuz of FelV or diease that cats tend to get).. stuff like that and dogs too.. even horse-big animals. its nice goal.. but.. wait and see.. how my life lead to.. :)

Back