PETITION: To the DVD Producers

Banjo

Expelled
Premium Member
Reaction score
To: Various DVD producers
To the DVD producers,

This petition represents the deaf community of North America. The topic are the English subtitling/captioning issues on the majority of current DVD productions on the market.

The majority of the movie titles are captioned/subtitled, but the bonus/special features aren't.

As far as I am aware of the situation, Paramount is one of the very few DVD makers who has captioned most of their DVDs fully including the bonus materials. I am not blaming nor scolding anybody for failing to caption the bonus materials, I am bringing the issues to you because we feel that some producers may not be aware of our needs.

I and the deaf community would appreciate it very much so if the major studios take interests on the situation.

Thank you for giving up a minute of your life to listen. We hope it meant something to you.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://www.petitiononline.com/banjodvd/petition.html

I think this thread should be sticky in the general discussion forum for a little while.

Come on, guys!! Go sign the petition!!

Deaf258 said:
I think this thread should be sticky in the general discussion forum for a little while.

Come on, guys!! Go sign the petition!!

:werd:

I signed already. Thank Banjo. :D

Thanks to people who has signed the petition, I appreciate the support!

I am going to copy this thread and announce on other forum. ;) If you don't mind, Banjo.

illustrator said:
I am going to copy this thread and announce on other forum. ;) If you don't mind, Banjo.

Go ahead, this need to spread as wide as possible.

Personally, I think this thread should be put back in the General Discussion as this petition needs to be exposed to the mainstream of AllDeaf users.

Come on, peeps!! Sign it!

Back