Petition aganist Tyson

I have two accounts on that site, I'll sign twice later today.

OMG, that's HORRIBLE and this video gave me emotional distress and sick. :(

I love pork and will not buy Tyson brand park, unless they improve the welfare of animal. We usually buy pork from farm market, along with beef, sausage and chicken.

Just expose it to media and politicians (politicians, FDA, USDA).

Remember about battery cage for chicken? that's horrible too.

Just buy cage free eggs.

The point is that it's legal to kill pigs instantly for food but the employees cross the line by TORTURING them (slow death). Tyson must stop it and eventually it will be fined for that.

Update

jan 2014
victory

progress for pigs! On the heels of a shocking undercover investigation by mercy for animals, tyson foods inc., the second-largest u.s. Pork producer, has just announced a set of new animal welfare guidelines for its pork suppliers that signal an important new era and direction for the company. These improvements will affect housing systems by allowing sows of all sizes to stand, turn around, lie down, and stretch their legs.they will also discontinue the practice of slamming piglets headfirst against the ground to kill them. Visit mfablog.org to read more about this important step forward and how we are still urging tyson to add more teeth to these new guidelines by making them a mandate, rather than a mere recommendation, for all its pork producers. On behalf of mercy for animals, thank you to the 369,000 people who signed our petition on change.org. To take action for pigs, please click here to ask america's largest retailer to make the same improvements: http://chn.ge/1m5ahvv

I used to work for Tyson, and the only way they will make it a mandate rather than a mere recommendation is if USDA also mandates that these practices are non-compliant with the humane treatment of animals policies.

Tyson doesn't listen to petitions by the general public. They only listen to the regulators of the industry. Unfortunately, Tyson has a lot of lobbyists up in USDA's tail, so it is going to be incredibly difficult to get this done.

I used to work for Tyson, and the only way they will make it a mandate rather than a mere recommendation is if USDA also mandates that these practices are non-compliant with the humane treatment of animals policies.

Tyson doesn't listen to petitions by the general public. They only listen to the regulators of the industry. Unfortunately, Tyson has a lot of lobbyists up in USDA's tail, so it is going to be incredibly difficult to get this done.

What about expose on media?

Tyson will lose money if customers stop buy their products.

What about expose on media?

Tyson will lose money if customers stop buy their products.

Tyson doesn't care because they are a large enough meat processing company. They have shifted from an emphasis on poultry to pork during the last few years. Tyson sells a lot of its pork products to institutions. The only way this will change is if every consumer in America just flat stopped purchasing Tyson products, period.

As for media exposure, good luck on that. Tyson has hotshot lawyers sitting in Springdale, AR ready for the next gunshow in which they charge anyone that tries to expose Tyson on the media with defamation. The only reason PETA can do it is because they have the money to pay for their own hotshot lawyers to go into court.

Don't believe me? Ask the guy from Gravette, AR that was mysteriously found dead in his front lawn after boldly exposing Tyson's atrocities. The authorities "did not suspect foul play". Hmm... :hmm:

Tyson also managed to fire me for "sleeping during scheduled work hours" after I had a diabetic episode on the line. That's just how dirty Tyson is, yet everyone thinks that Donne Smith is such a great and wonderful guy. He's got the wool pulled over his eyes.

Oh well, how about this?

Tyson Foods changes pig care policies after NBC shows undercover video - Investigations

The owner of the farm fired those employees who abused pigs.

Back