People Who See Your Hearing Device In Public And Start Signing

Kids are a whole different matter, they are much more observant than an adult and they don't miss much. I like you have found being honest is the best approach and if you offend someone than so be it, it's their loss not yours.
OMG ! Kids sure a lot more observant ! I was out with a b/f visiting some of his family and we sitting the living room talking . There was a girl there about 9 yo and she was
standing in front of me and listening to me talk. She finally said "You talk funny !" I told her that I hear funny too and showed her my hearing aid. The girl was in deep thought
for a moment then told me to take "that off" so I took off my HA and she told me to now talk so I did . The girl said "you Still talk fun!" She thought she had cured my speech
by having me take off "that thing !" :lol: I wish it was that simple .

OMG ! Kids sure a lot more observant ! I was out with a b/f visiting some of his family and we sitting the living room talking . There was a girl there about 9 yo and she was
standing in front of me and listening to me talk. She finally said "You talk funny !" I told her that I hear funny too and showed her my hearing aid. The girl was in deep thought
for a moment then told me to take "that off" so I took off my HA and she told me to now talk so I did . The girl said "you Still talk fun!" She thought she had cured my speech
by having me take off "that thing !" :lol: I wish it was that simple .
Great story, the child is actually experiencing a cognitive development moment. She is trying to assimilate an accommodate a New experience into her existing schema. Reminds me of a funny story. when my ex and I were both teaching at a Deaf school, one of her students found out that I was her husband. So the student asked her, "you are black and your husband is white, so if you have kids, will you have a Mexican?" Now clueless people would think that is offensive and rude. whereas I immediately impressed by the student's logic. they were doing the same thing as the girl you mentioned was. The student had probably never met a child of interracial parents before. Most likely the child came from a hearing family and had virtually no communication at home to have and opportunity to learn outside of school. After my ex stopped laughing, she explained how it really works heh. My human development professor would get a kick out of your story.

Great story, the child is actually experiencing a cognitive development moment. She is trying to assimilate an accommodate a New experience into her existing schema. Reminds me of a funny story. when my ex and I were both teaching at a Deaf school, one of her students found out that I was her husband. So the student asked her, "you are black and your husband is white, so if you have kids, will you have a Mexican?" Now clueless people would think that is offensive and rude. whereas I immediately impressed by the student's logic. they were doing the same thing as the girl you mentioned was. The student had probably never met a child of interracial parents before. Most likely the child came from a hearing family and had virtually no communication at home to have and opportunity to learn outside of school. After my ex stopped laughing, she explained how it really works heh. My human development professor would get a kick out of your story.
I loved it when she was so open about saying I talked funny , that is great story about the girl asking if you would have Mexican children. I will have to tell this to my daughter
she is Black and her husband is White and sister her husbands is Black too. That is interesting what you said .

Back