People are so mean!

Wirelessly posted

Sumaria said:
Wirelessly posted
and do you know that it is super offensive to parents who choose implants for their children for people to say that they are "forcing them" and that they should have to wait until they are adults.

i agree that there should never be any law forcing a ci, and there never will be. But please, whenever you comment, realize that there are people who have chosen differently than you would and they have great reasons and they have put into their decisions hours and years of research that you have, admittedly, not.

Of course I know that parents choose CIs for their children. My parents chose a CI for my sister when she was little. Again, I said that that people shouldn't be forced by law. I never said a thing about parents or family members. Parents are among family members and they are often the ones who make important decisions on the behalf of their immediate family members (ie. to take a brain-dead family member off life support, etc). The law shouldn't make the decisions about things like CIs and how long one can stay on life support, it's for the individual and (family members, of course).

The majority of my years, I watched my parents make the decision for my sister, learning about it, spending years in child support, watch her get her second surgery for it, etc. All of it was difficult on them and my sister. It's affected my life greatly. So I don't take kindly to someone accusing me of being ignorant of parents' struggles regarding making the decision to have their child get a CI. I have the utmost love and respect for my parents and my sister is always grateful that they've cared for her and the decisions they've made when she was little on her behalf. This is a topic discussing forcing people by law and that a person, who has no deaf children, felt should be made by law. Therefore, we are not discussing parents. So you do not know about where I come from, so don't speak for me and say that I don't know how long it takes to come to that decision. If you want to even know how I feel about CIs in general, look at my other posts in a different topic that actually pertains to CIs in a general sense.

it was those posts i was referencing. You specifically said it should be an adult's decision. I happened to respond here, but i was talking about the sum of what you said.

Wirelessly posted

it was those posts i was referencing. You specifically said it should be an adult's decision. I happened to respond here, but i was talking about the sum of what you said.

You are trolling again.

Don't most parents put holes in thier kids heads without consent, even as babies.... near thier ears.... for decoration!!!

Pierced ears on babies, happens all the time. Think about it. Or don't :)

Wirelessly posted

Hear2much said:
Don't most parents put holes in thier kids heads without consent, even as babies.... near thier ears.... for decoration!!!

Pierced ears on babies, happens all the time. Think about it. Or don't :)

Hear2much, Be careful giving parents too much permission when it comes to another person's human rights. There's a line that must drawn. So far, one ear piercing is fine.

For some they see CI as more medical tool to help deaf access hearing . For others, well you get the point

Last edited:
How can people be so heartless?
How can people be so cruel?
Easy to be hard, easy to be cold

How can people have no feelings?
How can they ignore their friends?
Easy to be proud, easy to say no

Specially people who care about strangers
Who care about evil 'n social injustice
Do you only care about the bleedin' crowd?
How about a needed friend?
I need a friend

(from the Three Dog Night version of Hair song, "Easy to be Hard")

:thumb:

Back