Peet Hall or Benson Hall?

ENTISH

Reaction score
I'm going to be a second year at Gally and need to choose between living in Peet Hall or in Benson. But, I have never been in either dorm, can anyone share which dorm they think is better and why?

Also, are the bathrooms co-ed or separated like the freshman dorms?

I have no idea. I waiting to hear Residence Hall office. You can call and question. I not know what kind of 4 name of each one of building??? I waiting to hear. That I'm start freshman in August 19 where I will be in new Orientation. :)

It's almost 20 years ago last time I was a Gally student so there have been some changes since then... even few dorms had their names changed.

But here is the Gally campus map link so it could be at least helpful for you.

Gallaudet University

Only those I knew are those dorms are called as:

Peet Hall, Ballard West, Ballard North, Benson Hall, Clerc Hall, and Carlin Hall

Those two halls' names (dark red) were changed from the old names. I didn't know till I saw the map this time. hmm lol

I'm sure there will be some members who attended Gally not long ago that could be helpful for you here.

I worked as RA in Peet Hall for one year and I lived in Benson Hall for about two years.

Peet Hall is often considered as the quietest dorm hall on the campus. During my times as Gally student, many friends and students considered Peet Hall boring cuz it was always very quiet. :)

Benson Hall is a decent dorm hall and it has a great promixity to classes, cafeteria, library and SAC. It is well known for having most false fire alarms been pulled by the students in a single month, which happened during my freshman year. :)

It's almost 20 years ago last time I was a Gally student so there have been some changes since then... even few dorms had their names changed.

But here is the Gally campus map link so it could be at least helpful for you.

Gallaudet University

Only those I knew are those dorms are called as:

Peet Hall, Ballard West, Ballard North, Benson Hall, Clerc Hall, and Carlin Hall

Those two halls' names (dark red) were changed from the old names. I didn't know till I saw the map this time. hmm lol

I'm sure there will be some members who attended Gally not long ago that could be helpful for you here.

Ballard West = Krug Hall

Ballard North = Cogswell Hall

I think it is really unnecessary to change these names but the big brass at Gally administration pathetically changed them for public relation reasons. My friends at Gally where they are working as faculty and staff members, told me that they opposed the changes of these said dorm halls but it was nothing that they could do.

almost all freshmans go to two dorms.. krug and cogswell hall ( new name is ballard west and north)...

to me my best dorm on gally campus is peet hall bec it is more private and attend ra office alot bec of my good friend who works as ra lol!
great memories..

My observation during 2001-2005

Peet Hall - A lot international and older students like the environment of closeness and privacy as well.

Ballard West - Freshmen dorm, what else do you want to say? Fire alarm, pranks, no privacy etc... Depend on crowd you hang out with.

Ballard North - lived there for 2 semester (read ballard west for details)

Benson Hall - lived there 1 semester. Mixed diversity and still have to use community bathroom to shower and etc...

Clerc Hall - Never lived here. Its known as party dorm and dominated by jocks and greeks. Nice suite with large family room with tiny bedrooms. Private shower and bathroom.

Carlin Hall - 2 years lived here, 4th floor. Suite with small foyer and nice size bedroom. Two singles and one large double bedroom with one shower and bathroom. But huge lobby outside of the suites. Plenty place to hang out. 1st -4th floor are designed for undergraduates while 5th-8th is for graduate students.

I did live off campus for 1 semester. Hated and moved back on campus. I enjoyed in dorm better than off campus.

That is my observation.

all RHs are co-ed but of course seperate bathroom

Ballard North and West are for Freshmen students

u can read more info on each RHs by clicking this link --> Residence Halls - Gallaudet University

more questions? pls feel free to ask me anything since I am working at Clerc Hall as Staff Resident Assistant, daytime :)

I lived one semester at Krug hall ( new- ballard west). fire alarm.. ..mm interesting ! not much that happen when i was there! reduce numbers for fire alarm! wow.. and great for young hang out ! it fun!

I lived benson hall for 2 years.. it ok but good place because easy to go cafe, any dorm, gym, blah.. perfect.. but fire alarm is very rare! interesting!

I lived peet hall for 1 year. it quiet but best! I easy to go parking lot for my car to go or back.. and easy for me to go library i did that almost everyday lol! and close to ely center ! that bonus.. great memories! oh also of course look what i say before deaf mortage..

I lived clerc hall for one year.. it ok but great privacy.. nice to have own bathroom.. and living room.. i always to stay in my room for using my own computer which i pah brought it! ( now it old and still have it! imaga ya! but cant use hi speed anymore..:( )

after that, that it i find out i cant go back to gally at all!

now i start on my career as riding horse!

I got e mail today. I go into Ballard North. :) There is no roommates for me yet. I guess that I do myself. :D

i had alone my room before.. it was krug ( ballard west) that was only last one semester lol! it was my best time! it peaceful and easy myself to go as clean or leave it clean or move around what i want! lol

Why ask us for opinion.

No sense to ask us... You are going to be 2nd year student. What you saw campus during first year student. Then you already know which dorm. You are big person... not little kid any more. You should grab room better than nothing. If, you are waiting, waiting and waiting.... dorm will be full. Then, you will get worst one. Good luck for dorm hunting.

Why ask us for opinion.

No sense to ask us... You are going to be 2nd year student. What you saw campus during first year student. Then you already know which dorm. You are big person... not little kid any more. You should grab room better than nothing. If, you are waiting, waiting and waiting.... dorm will be full. Then, you will get worst one. Good luck for dorm hunting.

FYI... some dorms will NOT be full. My friend and former boss at the Students Life told me.

Peet is the quiet dorm. Benson is the party dorm. That's about all there is to say.

Co-ed bathrooms? Not in any of the dorms, I believe. 99% of the buildings in the US do not have co-ed bathrooms!

By the way, I think North is better than West, because North has an elevator! If you are in West you go up and down stairs a LOT if you are not on the 1st floor.

Back