Peacemom saying hi.

peacemom

Reaction score
I'm rapidly losing ability to hear words or other discreet sound due to nerve damage that is progressive. Can anyone recommend the best books to learn ASL from? I'd really appreciate it, and will try to get our public library to get any they don't have. Maybe you could ask too?
Sue (Peacemom)

I cannot help with your question but no doubt the library will have something to get you started. There are also many teaching ASL
videos on youtube.

I'm rapidly losing ability to hear words or other discreet sound due to nerve damage that is progressive. Can anyone recommend the best books to learn ASL from? I'd really appreciate it, and will try to get our public library to get any they don't have. Maybe you could ask too?
Sue (Peacemom)
Hi Sue! Same thing is happening to me, and while I was looking for places to learn ASL near me I found a deaf school that offered ASL classes for the summer for just $25 for a two month course. You might look and see if there's anything like that in your area. Also, my community college offers ASL classes, but I know this isn't always accessible to everyone due to cost. Still, if a college near you has ASL classes, you might consider emailing the instructor(s) to ask if they know of any good resources and what materials they use for their classes. I have an app on my iPhone (not sure if it's available for Android) called Sign ASL, and it's a free ASL dictionary that will pull of multiple videos of a word you look up to show regional and contextual variants for whatever word you're searching for. I hope this helps!

Back