Peace Corps?

D

Deaf258

What do you guys think of working for Peace Corps for 2 years? Has anyone done this or know of someone who worked for Peace Corps? I am thinking about applying next year, but want to do a little research and feedback first.

I know for sure, someone will miss you dearly. But it would bea great experience for you.

ive also thought of doing 2 years for the peace corps but ahh never got around to doing that :(

Deaf258 -- it would be a VERY enriching experience and yes Kuifje is right -- someone would miss u loads! :-x hehe

A friend of mine who worked at the same hospital where I worked in California -- Chris, she was in the Peace Corps for 2 years in Thailand and from what she told me and experienced in Thailand, she really learned a lot from it. She said it was the best 2 years of her life and enriching and learning experience of living in a country so different from the American culture.

So, Deaf258, it definitely is an opportunity not to be passed up! I know you will be dearly missed by your beloved. ;) :mrgreen: Neverthless, there's the internet, technology people can use to stay in touch while on the go! :thumb:

Deaf258 said:
What do you guys think of working for Peace Corps for 2 years? Has anyone done this or know of someone who worked for Peace Corps? I am thinking about applying next year, but want to do a little research and feedback first.

I really thought about doing that after getting fired from my last job... I'd only really do that as a last resort though, but it doesnt sound like thats the case with you.

I always wanted to join Peace Corp, I've thought about joining AmeriCorp first long time ago. You don't have to have a college degree to get in AmeriCorp and once you get in and you'll probably have better chance to get in Peace Corp in the future. It'll be one of a hell experience ever happened in your life!

I've met a long time Peace Corp member thru warwithgoody (member of this forum). She lived in Africa with her husband and family, she had shown me some of pictures and stuffs she brought from Africa. I can't imagine what's like being there. It's something you can tell a great story to your grand children.

Last edited:
Back