Payphone TDD/TTY

illustrator

Reaction score
Have anyone use Payphone TDD/TTY? they usually have one at airport, hotel, and some college.

Ultratec's Payphone TTY really suck when I was in early college years. It make easy cause the garble when I am try to make out of communication with someone.

I checked out at hotel when I was going to see computer expo. I find ATT's payphone TDD/TTY which is more like combine with computer. It's excellent TDD, wish I could see more like this one.

At airport, I don't know or remmy kind tdd which I required to tap "0" (zero button) to get keyboard open itself that allow me to type as when I am call someone.

Interesting. I haven't seen any of those in my area in my state yet. I had to find the help desk at the mall once to call home so my parents wouldn't freak out if I didn't get home until late due to heading more than 1 1/2 hours away from home with friend just cuz we were bored that day. I've never used a payphone TTY.

oh yeah I use a few time, but during my college year at Minnesota, I always do that for many time

I just look for one of those cybercafes with a computer. One time at a hotel, I asked the desktop manager to borrow their office's computer to send an urgent IM to my mother. Very friendly manager.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
I just look for one of those cybercafes with a computer. One time at a hotel, I asked the desktop manager to borrow their office's computer to send an urgent IM to my mother. Very friendly manager.

are you aware that almost every hotel come with ADA kit that you can use TDD to make out an outcoming call? :cool:

Originally posted by illustrator
are you aware that almost every hotel come with ADA kit that you can use TDD to make out an outcoming call? :cool:

Not all of them.

I've used the ultratec ones, I never really had a problem using them. :dunno:

Originally posted by illustrator
Have anyone use Payphone TDD/TTY? they usually have one at airport, hotel, and some college.

Ultratec's Payphone TTY really suck when I was in early college years. It make easy cause the garble when I am try to make out of communication with someone.

I checked out at hotel when I was going to see computer expo. I find ATT's payphone TDD/TTY which is more like combine with computer. It's excellent TDD, wish I could see more like this one.

At airport, I don't know or remmy kind tdd which I required to tap "0" (zero button) to get keyboard open itself that allow me to type as when I am call someone.

Thank god.. I still have a rare ATT TDD which I bought years ago for $500 in Ohio. Now ATT is no longer making TDDs. I love it..why? it has excellent features... it is easier than other TDDs.

There are a few of payphone TDDs at hotels, airports, and the like. Not that many... I wish they have set every one at every places.

Re: Re: Payphone TDD/TTY

Originally posted by Oddball
Thank god.. I still have a rare ATT TDD which I bought years ago for $500 in Ohio. Now ATT is no longer making TDDs. I love it..why? it has excellent features... it is easier than other TDDs.

There is one clerk who used to work for AT&T to design TDD. Right now, he work for Krown Manufacturing.

We have them here at RIT and they work great. I used them when making phone calls from my dorm hall. Now, with IP-Relay and SprintRelayOnline, I don't use TTY/TTD anymore.

I like the one in the airport. it is pretty cool. It also has video camera or something like that...

Pay TTY booth at my bank, but I can't read the 2 lines grrrr!

I wish my landlord would get a Krown console TTY next to intercom box, Krown TTY console (it's looks like a baby changer table in the public restrooms) have large print display for who are the legally visual impaired just like me!

At old apt have a Ultratec TTY drawer in single line display.

Back