Pathetic posts

You not flirting with me are you? ;)

I can understand the random emoticon or one-liner but it's only when you get like 5 or more posts in succession basically saying the same thing, then its just a waste of time.

I just wished people would put more thought or effort into their replies. If that is how people choose to be... *sigh*

Flirting ? Is that how you think this emoticon means ? What if, it means something else ? Hmm ...

Well, each person is different and you can't expect each person to be the same as others. Everyone are different... that included you, too. Just let the people BE themselves, their comfort zones.

Wow, I suppose some of my posts are pathetic, since I do make some posts with only one emoticon on it. :(

Angel, I am right in the same bandwagon as you with pathetic emoticon. Oh , well that's what those emoticons are here for us to put them to good use :) No worries Angel :hug:

I just wished people would put more thought or effort into their replies.

In their own right, brief interludes between thoughtful postings can be enjoyable. It's almost like being at the playground where a person takes the lead and those who concur ("yes men") follow suit. Then, hopefully, another takes the lead and makes it all thought-provoking.

A thoughtful posting might be a luxury in forums like alldeaf.com. I, myself, wish people would stop being judgmental.

..I can understand the random emoticon or one-liner but it's only when you get like 5 or more posts in succession basically saying the same thing, then its just a waste of time.

I just wished people would put more thought or effort into their replies. If that is how people choose to be... *sigh*

First off, glad that you're able to understand and accept for the fact that some posters will leave 'only' one or more emoticons in a post or even a simple line/comment. However, when some posts in succession, basically showing the same overall 'concept/mood' in regards to another post or topic for which a thread is based on--by all means, they have that soverign right to do so--heck, if one doesn't like that, a certain 'grouping' of posts that's conveying the same general thought or mood, it's much easier to 'scroll' down to the next post that expresses more than just a line or a couple emoticons...than it is to come out and finger-point. Perhaps putting up a so-called rant such as this just might be considered wasting bandwidth and one's own valuable time as well. Hmm??

Another thing, from another perspective view--some posters may not have the luxury of being able to produce an eloquent or meaningful (in ur words) post like others might be able to. Therefore, accepting for how they post and respecting it goes so far, in other words, keeps the community together than implying that a certain way is a 'no-no' or is (once again--ur words) pathetic. Beholding that sort of stance just causes riffs among AD'ers and that isn't needed, not for this community. It's better for all to encourage one another than it is to 'put-down' whereas it may give a few of these so-called posters the 'ill-feeling' of not being 'wanted' or 'acceptable' within the Forum...thus, they have or could quietly leave here...sadly and/or have the feeling of 'rejection'.

Soo...therefore, all one has to do is either simply absorb it, scroll past such posts...or get out of the thread in its entirety....or find some other online Forum that is more to your liking. Hopefully, given some time and with much thought, it can be 'quietly' accepted and move on...move forward and enjoy the stay here in AD. ;)

Any questions?? If not...perhaps no more discussion is needed regarding such posts.

Peace out.
~RR

Last edited:
I have been here long time and I can understand the emotion or just one line. Maybe the person aint that much of talkative or just didnt know what to say but I do understand that they are trying to say once they posted just one line or emotion.

Or perhaps Mr Harbies is having difficulty finding the exit door? Lol...

I do understand because I've seen it too, in fact I just don't say anything about it because who is it to judge them? I supposed those who makes useless posts just don't have anything to add that might be different from others. I just let them be, they're just being who they are, I guess. :)

Or perhaps Mr Harbies is having difficulty finding the exit door? Lol...

I didn't quite get that. If you think I'm wanting to leave alldeaf.com, well that is not the case. I'll probably just pop in every now and then.

And it seems I've hit a nerve with some people here. I don't mean to offend, but I can be blunt. It's who I am. That's why I did not name anyone when I gave examples. Except when SxyPorkie provided the first example him/herself.

Off to bed now...

.And it seems I've hit a nerve with some people here. I don't mean to offend, but I can be blunt. It's who I am..

Off to bed now...

You have that right of an opinion as much as they do. They have judged others themselves too, if they tell you otherwise then it wouldn't be true now wouldn't it?

Until then have a good night sleep. :)

Mister Harbies,

:ty: for share your expressing view/feeling here with us.

Yes, I see that but I would like to remind you that each person is different. All what we do is accept the fact what they are.

I didn't quite get that. If you think I'm wanting to leave alldeaf.com, well that is not the case. I'll probably just pop in every now and then.

And it seems I've hit a nerve with some people here. I don't mean to offend, but I can be blunt. It's who I am. That's why I did not name anyone when I gave examples. Except when SxyPorkie provided the first example him/herself.

Off to bed now...

What is your ideal forum? I mean this forum was designed for the deaf community to express opinions. Some of the posts don't require a PHD level for a response and use the emoticons if someone posts a funny joke or picture in a joking manner use the emoticons. Just as RR mentioned you might want to find another forum where its geared to writers where more opininons are expressed in an eloquent fashion. Just had to put my 2 cents in ;)

What is your ideal forum? I mean this forum was designed for the deaf community to express opinions. Some of the posts don't require a PHD level for a response and use the emoticons if someone posts a funny joke or picture in a joking manner use the emoticons. Just as RR mentioned you might want to find another forum where its geared to writers where more opininons are expressed in an eloquent fashion. Just had to put my 2 cents in ;)

Well said ;)

Pondering and wondering if he just posted this pathetic post to raise some interest, maybe he is bored right now and want to see some people rant and rave. Like in any post. His is just named differently. No different than any other post I have seen.. this one is not any better or more special. No pun Intended. Just I feel that the post here in this forumn may not interest him right now.. Even though all other AD'ers are enjoying themselves.

OK.. Mister Harbies, If you want to post something interesting then start up a thread on something of your interest. and see what happens.... now that is if we find your post interesting we may have some thoughts and talks that may interest you. But by posting something like this... well you just proved that you just are doing just as what you are accusing others of.

Pondering and wondering if he just posted this pathetic post to raise some interest, maybe he is bored right now and want to see some people rant and rave. Like in any post. His is just named differently. No different than any other post I have seen.. this one is not any better or more special. No pun Intended. Just I feel that the post here in this forumn may not interest him right now.. Even though all other AD'ers are enjoying themselves.
LOL. I did not make this thread to raise some interest. I'm smarter than that :) I do find the threads in here interesting, but I was just raising a point about the one-liners. I couldn't see the logic in it. But now I see the light, and I'm not following it. :)

... But by posting something like this... well you just proved that you just are doing just as what you are accusing others of.
How many one-liners have I made without a point? (This is a one-liner but it has a point. I'm questioning your accusation.)

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I've been here at alldeaf.com. (A few years)

I notice that lots of people here make pathetic posts... here are some examples:

I mean seriously... could you guys at least say something more informative. This is not a chat room or somewhere to donate your emoticons. It really sucks having to skip all the stupid comments to find something informative.

point proven..You say for people to say something more informative. and you have to skip all the stupid comments, which are some of the examples you laid down in your post. Emotions where just only one of your examples. I responded on your other examples.:)

No pun intended, thought that you might just rather to make your own interesting post. Even though this has raised some interest. ;)

First off, glad that you're able to understand and accept for the fact that some posters will leave 'only' one or more emoticons in a post or even a simple line/comment. However, when some posts in succession, basically showing the same overall 'concept/mood' in regards to another post or topic for which a thread is based on--by all means, they have that soverign right to do so--heck, if one doesn't like that, a certain 'grouping' of posts that's conveying the same general thought or mood, it's much easier to 'scroll' down to the next post that expresses more than just a line or a couple emoticons...than it is to come out and finger-point. Perhaps putting up a so-called rant such as this just might be considered wasting bandwidth and one's own valuable time as well. Hmm??

Another thing, from another perspective view--some posters may not have the luxury of being able to produce an eloquent or meaningful (in ur words) post like others might be able to. Therefore, accepting for how they post and respecting it goes so far, in other words, keeps the community together than implying that a certain way is a 'no-no' or is (once again--ur words) pathetic. Beholding that sort of stance just causes riffs among AD'ers and that isn't needed, not for this community. It's better for all to encourage one another than it is to 'put-down' whereas it may give a few of these so-called posters the 'ill-feeling' of not being 'wanted' or 'acceptable' within the Forum...thus, they have or could quietly leave here...sadly and/or have the feeling of 'rejection'.

Soo...therefore, all one has to do is either simply absorb it, scroll past such posts...or get out of the thread in its entirety....or find some other online Forum that is more to your liking. Hopefully, given some time and with much thought, it can be 'quietly' accepted and move on...move forward and enjoy the stay here in AD. ;)

Any questions?? If not...perhaps no more discussion is needed regarding such posts.

Peace out.
~RR

I agree.

oops... was that a pathetic one liner. *whacking myself

"A picture speaks a thousand words."

Seriously, it doesn't really matter. It's more of an issue of how often they do it.

If a person only posts one or two words... and nothing else, then that would be a problem. However, if a person does make a lot of meaningful comments... then a few one-liners won't hurt.

When someone says something, not everyone can agree in 10 words or more. By saying one-liners, those members are acknowledging their agreement and not just being dumb.

If I tell a joke, what do you expect everyone to say? "Hahaha... that is a very funny joke. I really like that joke and I would really like to hear more jokes from you. So, keep them coming! Oh yeah, that reminds me of a joke... I guess I better go create a new thread so that everyone can see my funny joke." Seriously, that's a bit too much. I would be satisfied if someone said something like, "LOL! :laugh: Funny!"

If you don't like what someone said, just ignore them.

Back