Pathetic posts

Mister Harbies

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Its been a while since I've been here at alldeaf.com. (A few years)

I notice that lots of people here make pathetic posts... here are some examples:

Wow, me too
That is so cute

I mean seriously... could you guys at least say something more informative. This is not a chat room or somewhere to donate your emoticons. It really sucks having to skip all the stupid comments to find something informative.

Hey guys,

I notice that lots of people here make pathetic posts... here are some examples:

I mean seriously... could you guys at least say something more informative. This is not a chat room or somewhere to donate your emoticons. It really sucks having to skip all the stupid comments to find something informative.

You're right - This isn't a chatroom but it is a forum. The emoticons are here for everyone to use. We have the option to use it or we opt not to use it. It goes both way. You might think it's pathetic but at the same time, What's wrong with using it and expressing your opinions/feelings with the emoticons?

Hmm... THIS is a forum where we discuss our own opinion.

Being honestly, you made this thread was kinda of rude too because how you judge how importance our posts was, how our logic skill are, not everyone is logic and maybe they just want to tell a person who create the thread something positive, or negative, or to debate.

Most of the times, when I see someone who create thread to show their pictures of pets, I tell them that I thought they are cute which give the creator of the thread a positive feelings. I don't think there is any wrong with that.

Plus, as for your information, we have a general chat here, we can chat everywhere in the forum with our opinioins, our words, our feelings, etc etc.

I am sorry to be sounds harshy, but I don't find those replies bothers at all, just scroll down or jump to next page, or even walk away from the thread. It's simple.

Hmm... THIS is a forum where we discuss our own opinion.

Being honestly, you made this thread was kinda of rude too because how you judge how importance our posts was, how our logic skill are, not everyone is logic and maybe they just want to tell a person who create the thread something positive, or negative, or to debate.

Most of the times, when I see someone who create thread to show their pictures of pets, I tell them that I thought they are cute which give the creator of the thread a positive feelings. I don't think there is any wrong with that.

Plus, as for your information, we have a general chat here, we can chat everywhere in the forum with our opinioins, our words, our feelings, etc etc.

I am sorry to be sounds harshy, but I don't find those replies bothers at all, just scroll down or jump to next page, or even walk away from the thread. It's simple.

I agree with you and Jolie...

I agree with you and Jolie...

Here is another one!!!!

Omegaman, and Authentic... :) I know you are just stirring.... I don't mind.

What I was trying to point out is, is it really neccessary to post a comment like SxyPorkie did? There are lots of posters here who have no ability to post more than ONE line or sentence. I know the difficulties some of these posters have with language, but surely you must be able to post something more meaningful.

This forum is basically full of 'yes I agree', 'that's not true', 'LOL' and numerous other repetitive one-liners, one after the other. Basically you are reading a chat transcript when this happens.

You're right - This isn't a chatroom but it is a forum. The emoticons are here for everyone to use. We have the option to use it or we opt not to use it. It goes both way. You might think it's pathetic but at the same time, What's wrong with using it and expressing your opinions/feelings with the emoticons?

Emoticons are fine with me. I use them sometimes, but not on it's own to make my statement. I was referring to those who post only ONE emoticon as their post. WTF?

It looks like you haven't been around for a long time, since you have registed in 2003, which obvioiosuly was 5 years ago so I believe the longer you are here, the post counts a lot by then you would have gotten used to the way this forum works. For me, I don't really mind within any opinions of other members perspective in the related topics that members are interested to read or whatnot.

Here is another one!!!!

Omegaman, and Authentic... :) I know you are just stirring.... I don't mind.

What I was trying to point out is, is it really neccessary to post a comment like SxyPorkie did? There are lots of posters here who have no ability to post more than ONE line or sentence. I know the difficulties some of these posters have with language, but surely you must be able to post something more meaningful.

This forum is basically full of 'yes I agree', 'that's not true', 'LOL' and numerous other repetitive one-liners, one after the other. Basically you are reading a chat transcript when this happens.

Umm, I am happy that SxyPorkie let me and Jolie know that she agreed with us. It help me to know who to not misunderstanding with, or who has the same opinion as ours, or whatever.

So I don't think SxyPorkie's post is a worthless, she have right to let me and Jolie know that she agree with us. I'd prefer her to say that instead of saying nothing which are boring.

Emoticons are fine with me. I use them sometimes, but not on it's own to make my statement. I was referring to those who post only ONE emoticon as their post. WTF?

I get what you're saying. If someone wants to put one emoticon or one liner in their post, they can if they wish to do so. It doesn't mean that they are any less than we are because they aren't. It just means that they wanted to have their say in this.

With that, I can see you want to have a good read and find something interesting which is understandable but to harp on this, I think that's like asking as if you were set fire on this (If you get my drift). :)

Go to the controversial categories and u will find a lot of informative posts. :)

Hey guys,

I am going to have to agree with Joile on her part. I can understand it seems some people being pathetic, ridiculous, half-baked, truth-avoiding, poorly-produced "documentary" that nearly led you to explode. The little bumps encountered is definitely worth the trouble. Whining and finger pointing would not advance your experience; stop listening to all these troubles and start listening to the postivie post. If you see some people post ridculous post on the board, then don't answer it. I am not trying to be meanie or harsh but that my advice as well.

Hmm, "pathetic", interesting.

For those of us in the know and who come here more than occasionally, I would like to say that DR has shown a big improvement in the last few months. I can finally feel that I am associating with some CLASS and not low-life creeps who "feel" only below their belt.

'Think about it for awhile and then let us know if you agree. The Internet is wide open and ready to accept anyone and everyone. Find your niche'!

Lantana
Lantana's Latitude
blogspot.com

Mister Harbies,

I believe that emoticons are their languages to express their moods and feelings. It's okay for them to use emoticons what their feelings/moods are. :) < --- You see that ? I am smiling at you.

I don't think it is pathetic. I think it is nice to let each other know what our feelings/moods are. Of course, this is not chat - but, this is a forum. I am sure you will find some hearing people who use their emoticons in their forums as well - not just here. ;) < --- I am winking at you. *chuckles*

Anyway.... enjoy using emoticons! :)

Wow, I suppose some of my posts are pathetic, since I do make some posts with only one emoticon on it. :(

Hmm, emoticons have nothing to do with the reply that was posted.

If you do not understand the post itself, refrain from answering until it is all clear in your mind. Be patient, we are in no hurry, and we ARE interested in what you have to say!

Lantana

;) < --- I am winking at you. *chuckles*

You not flirting with me are you? ;)

I can understand the random emoticon or one-liner but it's only when you get like 5 or more posts in succession basically saying the same thing, then its just a waste of time.

I just wished people would put more thought or effort into their replies. If that is how people choose to be... *sigh*

You not flirting with me are you? ;)

I can understand the random emoticon or one-liner but it's only when you get like 5 or more posts in succession basically saying the same thing, then its just a waste of time.

I just wished people would put more thought or effort into their replies. If that is how people choose to be... *sigh*

:eek3:

Back