Palin--2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrdie714

Reaction score
Palin for Prez? She Eyes 2012 Prize
by Claudine Zap
November 5, 2008 12:04:17 PM

104 Votes Obama's victory may have signaled the end for the 2008 Republican ticket. But for the 44-year-old VP candidate Sarah Palin, the rise of her journey into national politics has only just begun.

The addition of the first Republican woman candidate for vice president was historic. It delivered a jolt of energy to John McCain's sagging campaign and revived the dispirited Republican base. Palin, with her folksy "hockey mom" talk and conservative views drew huge crowds and may have even outshone Obama's popularity at the outset.

McCain's concession speech gave a nod to the national newcomer, calling her "one of the best campaigners I have ever seen and an impressive new voice in our party for reform and the principles that have always been our greatest strength."

But Palin proved to be more of a drag than a driver on the ticket. Her popularity declined with her mangled interviews, wardrobe-gate, and by appealing more to men rather than women. Even frustrated McCain staffers called her "rogue, " a "diva," and a "whack job."

Ouch.

None of this has stopped Palin from reportedly setting her sights on the highest office. She's already told CNN that the Republican loss wasn't her fault. It was the economy, stupid! According to her inner circle, Palin will return to Alaska to serve out her term as governor. And then she'll focus on becoming America's first woman president, natch.

That is, if the economy doesn't get in the way

She may be BBAAACCCCKKK!

Yahoo! Buzz

Maybe. If she make up mind on new issues of anything. Looking forward on new next campaign 2012.

Maybe. If she make up mind on new issues of anything. Looking forward on new next campaign 2012.

Ugh. I'm still recovering from last night! I need a few before I can think about 2012. :giggle:

No chance in hell.

GOP aides have complained about her diva attitude and Sarah Palin has shown to be lacking in experience. A new report came out that there's a lot MORE money spent on Sarah Palin's wardrobe!

She is simply NOT suitable. Period.

No chance in hell.

GOP aides have complained about her diva attitude and Sarah Palin has shown to be lacking in experience. A new report came out that there's a lot MORE money spent on Sarah Palin's wardrobe!

She is simply NOT suitable. Period.

It just goes to show that McCain really made a knee-jerk decision when he tapped her as his running mate. It was said somewhere on here last night that had he picked Romney, he would have had a better chance at winning. That is a scary thought in my mind, but it's probably true. He sure as hell didn't do himself any favors when he picked HER!

In 2012 ? Hard to say.

Assuming Obama did great - high chance of reelection for 2012. Assuming Obama did pretty bad - high chance that it may be Joe Biden (ehhh) or John Edwards for 2012 or probably a Republican. Colin Powell or Michael Bloomberg maybe? There are 100000 maybes. Pointless to start thinking about it now.

For now - I think we should not think ahead about 2012 because there won't be 2012 if our problems, especially economic, is not fixed. Right now - the priority is to think about our current state of condition and how to fix it. We have problems that urgently need our immediate attention.

Jiro : It's what I've been tryin' to say in my past posts - their decisions/ideas are out of questions. Leaders and Corporations can NOT fix the problems.

Don't see it happening.

Neither do I. The only way I see Palin being elected President is when she's 65 and people have long forgotten her silly gaffes.

Apparently though, Palin has contradicted herself. In one interview she said, "I'm not doing this (running for Vice-President) for naught" and in another interview this morning she said, "Right now I'm not focusing on running for President in 2012. I'm thinking about going back and serving Alaska as Governor."

Seems Palin doesn't really know what she wants.

It just goes to show that McCain really made a knee-jerk decision when he tapped her as his running mate. It was said somewhere on here last night that had he picked Romney, he would have had a better chance at winning. That is a scary thought in my mind, but it's probably true. He sure as hell didn't do himself any favors when he picked HER!

Yep, I'm the one who mentioned that McCain would have had a better chance of winning the Presidency if Romney had been selected as his runing mate.

And you're right -- McCain did a *huge* disservice to himself by selecting Palin.

Nawwwww...The Mayan Calendar stops in the year 2012. :)

Yep, I'm the one who mentioned that McCain would have had a better chance of winning the Presidency if Romney had been selected as his runing mate.

And you're right -- McCain did a *huge* disservice to himself by selecting Palin.

Thank you. :)

I knew I had seen it somewhere, but like most of us, I was on here late into the night and the posts that were flying last night are somewhat fading into the deeper recesesses of my mind now. :giggle:

Thank you. :)

I knew I had seen it somewhere, but like most of us, I was on here late into the night and the posts that were flying last night are somewhat fading into the deeper recesesses of my mind now. :giggle:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back