Pairing problem with phonak com pilot and iphone 7

DickS

Reaction score
Hello

I have been using my Phonak hearing aids and an iCom or now as ComPilot for the past 8 years. I love being able to stream music and to have phone calls go to my hearing aids where I can actually understand the caller!

But - recently my Phonak bluetooth devices have lost their ability to PAIR with my iPhone. My ComPilot gets connected to my iPhone - but running the pairing process never results in pairing. Before, my iPhone would want me to enter a number to make a pairing. Now I get no response from my phone and the blinking blue light on my ComPilot just continues to blink and then gives up.

Several times per day my ComPilot tells me that it has lost its connection to my iPhone - and then a few seconds later it tells me that is has connected to an "unknown" device - and it is my iPhone 7.

I have my iPhone updated to 10.3.3 but the problem continues. My audiologist could not get any help from Phonak.

Anyone else have this problem? It also is a problem with my Phonak ComPilot Air.

Last edited:
Hello

I have been using my Phonak hearing aids and an iCom or now as ComPilot for the past 8 years. I love being able to stream music and to have phone calls go to my hearing aids where I can actually understand the caller!

But - recently my Phonak bluetooth devices have lot their ability to PAIR with my iPhone. My ComPilot gets connected to my iPhone - but running the pairing process never results in pairing. Before, my iPhone would want me to enter a number to make a pairing. Now I get no response from my phone and the blinking blue light on my ComPilot just continues to blink and then gives up.

Several times per day my ComPilot tells me that it has lost its connection to my iPhone - and then a few seconds later it tells me that is has connected to an "unknown" device - and it is my iPhone 7.

I have my iPhone updated to 10.3.3 but the problem continues. My audiologist could not get any help from Phonak.

Anyone else have this problem? It also is a problem with my Phonak ComPilot Air.

I do not have an iPhone so am not sure if this is right or not; but I remember some devices can only be paired with so many other devices. If the iPhone 7 or ComPilot is new could one or the other (phone or ComPilot) be trying to connect to too many different devices?

No - both the iPhone 7Plus and the ComPilot were working together - and pairing - before a recent Apple IOS change. Now I cannot pair my Phonak bluetooth devices to my iPhone. My phone is NOT paired with anything else.

I do not see "pairing" on my phone - and it used to take me to a page where I had to enter 4 numbers....

Something broke with a recent Mac software update.

Am I the ONLY person with this problem ..... ????

Any other ComPilot and iPhone users here ????

Have you checked with Phonak or Apple tech support on this? Those two are usually the ones that may help since it's their products and not eveyone has the same aid and cells. Or check if the new update turned off BT. Sometimes these things can be fixed with a reset if needed.

I have sent a detailed description of the problem to customer support at Phonak USA - and I have posted my problem on the Mac forum sites. No help yet - but lots of suggestions that did not work.

My nearest Apple Store and Genius Bar is 2 hours away by car. Phonak headquarters is in Switzerland - It would be a nice trip. Stäfa Switzerland is on a lake, just south of Zurich.

I blame Apple - they changed my iPhone software and my Phonak equipment stopped pairing

I am waiting for iOS 11 - and wondering if I should try the beta 4 version now .....

From my personal Apple Genius (son-in-law):

Hmm. Id say contact AppleCare first

They can escalate it through to engineering if it’s not just something wrong with his particular phone

If he can sign, I'm pretty sure AppleCare can FaceTime

Back