Overnight nurse wanting to learn asl

DJJohnna

Reaction score
Hi. I'm an overnight nurse at a psych facility and I really want to learn ASL. I had a deaf friend in high school who said I should learn by video chat or something so I can see the hand movements that books can't really show as well, so that's how I want to learn. If anyone could teach me through Skype or FaceTime anytime from 8am-1pm, that would be awesome.

Welcome:) your friend was right, learning from books can be harder unless you understand hand movements and placement. Good luck :)

:welcome:

Video chat may be better than books but best of all is having a real live Deaf instructor, especially for feedback, and students you can practice with, face-to-face, individually and in groups. I hope you can find a local class.

After you learn enough ASL to make conversation, I recommend finding a Deaf social group to interact with.

i learned through my community college, the first day i didnt think i could do it!! but i stuck with it, put time into it and fell in love with the language! u have the desire, now you must commit! i wish u the best of luck in whatever path u choose to take :)

Back