Oticon Spirit Zest making random clicking noise..

melissa

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've not been on AD for a while as I had problems with my password, but I've got it all sorted out now :)

I recently had my aids reprogrammed as I couldn't hear a thing with them, and I hear very well with them now. Now I just have a volume switch and no other 'modes'.

Today I put in new batteries as they were low. All day the right aid has been making intermittent 'clicking'/cracking noises, a bit like when your jaw/joint cracks and it makes a noise. It's fairly quiet and doesn't seem predictable.

Any idea what it could be?

Sounds like there's a problem with the HA itself, worth it getting checked out

Hi everyone,

I've not been on AD for a while as I had problems with my password, but I've got it all sorted out now :)

I recently had my aids reprogrammed as I couldn't hear a thing with them, and I hear very well with them now. Now I just have a volume switch and no other 'modes'.

Today I put in new batteries as they were low. All day the right aid has been making intermittent 'clicking'/cracking noises, a bit like when your jaw/joint cracks and it makes a noise. It's fairly quiet and doesn't seem predictable.

Any idea what it could be?

I've had the Oticon Alta Pro for about one month. During the last couple of days I began hearing a faint clicking sound on the right hearing aid.

had that issue before, check for moisture? that's worth a lesson being learned to let earhook dry before putting it back on LOL!!!!!!

I have found the origin of the mysterious clicking sounds. Actually, both hearing aids click, but the right clicks more often. The clicks occur during amplification of louder sounds - it seems like lower frequencies induce the clicking sounds (< 200Hz). The reason why this suddenly began happening was because my closed ear buds were recently changed to open. The day they were changed to open I began turning the volume to its maximum to compensate. At the same time I used a program that had the most bass response (I have reverse slope hearing).

I have found the origin of the mysterious clicking sounds. Actually, both hearing aids click, but the right clicks more often. The clicks occur during amplification of louder sounds - it seems like lower frequencies induce the clicking sounds (< 200Hz). The reason why this suddenly began happening was because my closed ear buds were recently changed to open. The day they were changed to open I began turning the volume to its maximum to compensate. At the same time I used a program that had the most bass response (I have reverse slope hearing).

dude, my hearing is like yours but WEIRDER!!! lol

Back