Oticon opn 3

Chevfan

Reaction score
Anyone wear these or have any reviews on them? I saw the audi yesterday and ended up ordering a pair. I've had Phonaks for a little over 3 years. I was really impressed when they were in my ears. Picking them up Monday.

I'm just curious about going from these BTE with molds to one with a speaker in the ear.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is when I'm listening to music I recognize the tune, but the words are gibberish until my brain readjusts. I've had them in for 13 hours and really don't notice I'm wearing them. A+ so far!

you mean you cannot hear the sounds and the music in a theater or an auditorium?
Audiologists are the "experts"...

this is call https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occlusion_effect
The occlusion effect occurs when an object fills the outer portion of a person's ear canal, and that person perceives "hollow" or "booming" echo-like sounds of their own voice. It is caused by bone-conducted sound vibrations reverberating off the object filling the ear canal. When talking or chewing, these vibrations normally escape through an open ear canal; most people are unaware of their existence. When the ear canal is blocked, the vibrations are reflected back toward the eardrum. Compared to a completely open ear canal, the occlusion effect can boost low frequency (usually below 500 Hz) sound pressure in the ear canal by 20 dB or more. This effect can be measured with a probe-tube microphone.[1] A person with normal hearing can experience this by sticking their fingers into their ears and talking. Otherwise, this effect is often experienced by hearing aid users who only have a mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss, but use hearing aids which block the entire ear canal.

One thing I noticed is when I'm listening to music I recognize the tune, but the words are gibberish until my brain readjusts. I've had them in for 13 hours and really don't notice I'm wearing them. A+ so far!

Back