Other people perspective AGAINST C.I. for the Deaf children

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they are overwhelmed, and you are right. Developing a friendship will take time.

If she is already spontaneously using sign that way, it is obvious that the parents not only are signing to her, but in her presence as well. She is picking up not just vocabulary, but pragmatics as well simply from exposure. That is wonderful!

Hey Jillo,
I have a question for you. The post you posted right before this one, you were telling Lomi to get back on topic. My question is why is it OK for you to go off topic but not others. In this post you are talking to Shel about a child and her signing what does this have to do with cochlear implants and the negative reactions with get fromn other people. Are there special rules for you that the rest of us do not have to follow.

Hey Jillo,
I have a question for you. The post you posted right before this one, you were telling Lomi to get back on topic. My question is why is it OK for you to go off topic but not others. In this post you are talking to Shel about a child and her signing what does this have to do with cochlear implants and the negative reactions with get fromn other people. Are there special rules for you that the rest of us do not have to follow.

Hey, jackie, I've got a question for you. Do you even know what the topic is about? Shel is discussing a couple with a deaf daughter who is considering CI for their child and is reaching out to the deaf community for friendship. That, whether you realize it or not, has EVERYTHING to do with people's perspective on CI for children. Loml was posting completely off topic. So now that I have explained that to you, I have another question. What the f***is your problem?

Hey, jackie, I've got a question for you. Do you even know what the topic is about? Shel is discussing a couple with a deaf daughter who is considering CI for their child and is reaching out to the deaf community for friendship. That, whether you realize it or not, has EVERYTHING to do with people's perspective on CI for children. Loml was posting completely off topic. So now that I have explained that to you, I have another question. What the f***is your problem?

Hi Jillo
You know what my problem is, people like yourself that are so negative to us parents that have made informed decisions about implanting our deaf children. People that will not open up their eyes to the possibilities of what a cochlear implant can offer deaf children. But it is OK, I know what an implant can do.
Again I am not saying that implants are for all deaf children, but sure was the best decision I have ever made for my children. And thank goodness, I did not let people like you influence my decision.
And notice how I did not have to use such a negative word to reply to your question.

Hi Jillo
You know what my problem is, people like yourself that are so negative to us parents that have made informed decisions about implanting our deaf children. People that will not open up their eyes to the possibilities of what a cochlear implant can offer deaf children. But it is OK, I know what an implant can do.
Again I am not saying that implants are for all deaf children, but sure was the best decision I have ever made for my children. And thank goodness, I did not let people like you influence my decision.
And notice how I did not have to use such a negative word to reply to your question.

As usual, you make absolutely no sense. Please show me where I have said that it is not a parent's decision to implant. I don't disagree with implanting with informed decision at all, and you know I don't. You simply try to twist disagreement with an oral only philosophy into disagreement with implantation. Keep the two issues separate, jackie. They are not inherently interconnected. You need to move into the future, and stop drumming up your old resentments. And before you go accusing anyone of being negative around here, check yourself. Specifically, post #438 made this evening.

Glad to see your needs are being met

:)
No, you don't need to prove anything to me. I already understand that you have no proof. However, if you expect to garner support for CS, I would certainly suggest that you provide something other than your opinion to convince people, as your opinion is apparently based on incomplete comprehension of many differnet variables and the way they interact and influence the learning process.

Now, how about getting back on topic?

JT - Yet again you are choosing to misinterpret the intent of my activity on this board. I have no need to garner support for Cued Speech, nor am I here to convince people of anything. The success of the families that have chosen Cued Speech, along with the empirical research speak for themselves. I share information and fully understand that everyone will take from it what they feel they need.

You really have no idea. :)

Mod Note:

Thread's closed for the time being--

Rick, it's been mentioned once before (via several PM's) regarding your accusations on double-standards...time to cease or refrain from stating such. Afterall, you and other members do not see all that goes on regarding warnings, etc.

Speaking of warnings and possible banishment(s), that may take place shortly.

For one thing, it's getting mundane and ridiculous when so much bickering and bashing/insulting one another is getting out of hand, not only is this Forum for the Deaf, but caters to all interested parties/factions...C.I. users, HoH, CODA, parents of deaf/C.I. children...however, the parents of deaf/C.I. children have been coming in here and leaving just as soon as they're in here...I believe a lot of these parents come here to seek solutions, advice, share stories and more and most of them are being turned away. Members need to bear in mind to: 'agree to disagree' respectfully!! Let's continue to build that bridge whereas each and all of us can gather and get along. If one cannot do that...well, there are other sites you can go to where there's fighting, bashing and more where most won't care one less iota what's posted, etc. Here in Alldeaf, that will not be tolerated.

Time to 'sit back' and reconsider how each one of us posts here in AD--

~RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back