Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I'll bet you if you turned it on someone and pulled the trigger, they would be just a dead! And you hunt for your deer, the farmer doesn't have to hunt to harvest his hay.

The definition of hunt is to pursue and kill (a wild animal) for sport or food. I don't think it fits a farmer harvesting his hay.

Yes and if I hit someone with my hammer they would be just as dead.

I never said hunting did't involve killing. Even the state calls it a harvest. I harvest from the wild. I know you wont belive this but I greatly value life. The lives of the animals I hunt and the hey in the field. I would no more kill an animal for nothing than drive my jeep through a hey field for nothing. All life is valuble and precius. I never want to see it suffer or wasted.

Give me a break, I was 20 years old at the time and had no idea what was legal or illegal in regards to firearms, I also had absolutely zero interest in guns as I still do. Also as i said one of them died a couple years later and the other one, I have no idea where he went. These weren't friends, but rather people I met through either a friend or TTOS. Also at this time we hadn't had any of these crazy's go on a shooting rampage yet and the last thing on my mind was someone would use a weapon like this to shoot innocent people or kids at a school, church, business, movie theater, etc. If it were to happen today I wouldn't hesitate turning them in. At that time if I knew someone was crazy or was threatening to shoot someone I would of reported them, but as you know the person even today hasn't done anything until they commit the crime and the police aren't to interested in investigating could be crimes, at least mine aren't.
OK. You're the one who introduced them into the discussion. If you want to drop them, that's fine with me.

I didn't include it earlier, but another friends son is doing a minimum of 38.5 years in prison for converting a semi automatic into an automatic weapon and also faced 6 other charges in connection with his arrest(nobody was hurt), so I now know the penalty for having such a weapon.
Another one from your interesting crowd of acquaintances. I know and am friends with many gun owners and none of them have been sent to jail.

Well, since your friend's son got caught, convicted and sentenced, it seems that the current laws are in force and working, so no new laws are necessary.

How are they untruths?
Statements that are not true are untruths. Or do you prefer, lies? (I was trying to be easy on you.)

It sounds like you might be a card carrying member of the NRA!
Then you're not paying attention. I've never been a member of the NRA.

That's probably because your among them and don't realize it.
Oh, I would know it.

Sorry, I didn't go out of my way to find these people they just happened to cross my path and that was it.
Maybe you should change the direction of your path.

The two gun nuts I only saw a few times, and they either had other interests that coincided with mine or were a friend of a friend. The cops were also people I met because they were neighbors or friends of the neighbors or friends of other friends, I didn't go out of my way to associate with these pillars of our community. I did turn in a few of them, but surprisingly the IA dept. found no wrong doing, that was a surprise! You know Brothers in Blue!
Interesting that you were wiling to turn in police but not "nuts." Oh, well.

I found a pistol for you to match your muddy girl scatter gun :D Ruger LC9S 9mm.
Muddy-Girl-LC9s.jpg
Nice but I'm a revolver girl. :giggle:

I know semi-auto is legal and full-auto is not. I talking about millitary weapon is illegal to all civilians.

If you're not talking about semi vs full auto then what do you mean by millitary?

Yes and if I hit someone with my hammer they would be just as dead.

I never said hunting did't involve killing. Even the state calls it a harvest. I harvest from the wild. I know you wont belive this but I greatly value life. The lives of the animals I hunt and the hey in the field. I would no more kill an animal for nothing than drive my jeep through a hey field for nothing. All life is valuble and precius. I never want to see it suffer or wasted.

Well Maine must be different than my state because they call it hunting here.
I actually believe you because you come across as being someone who does value life and are true to their beliefs.

Maybe you should change the direction of your path.

As I said I didn't actually go to these people and none I would of consider as friends, they either lived near me, were friends of friends or had interests in train collecting as well as their gun collecting. Most of the people I associate with today have similar views and interests to mine. I haven't been around any of these others people in years.

Interesting that you were wiling to turn in police but not "nuts." Oh, well.

I was older then. Also these people(police) stand for something and should at the least not break the law themselves.

If you're not talking about semi vs full auto then what do you mean by millitary?
Good question.

Some military weapons, such as side arms, most rifles, and sniper rifles are not automatic. (Full auto is too wasteful of ammo.)

OK. You're the one who introduced them into the discussion. If you want to drop them, that's fine with me.
Consider them dropped.

Another one from your interesting crowd of acquaintances. I know and am friends with many gun owners and none of them have been sent to jail.

Well, since your friend's son got caught, convicted and sentenced, it seems that the current laws are in force and working, so no new laws are necessary.

I only meant him one time and I thought he was not playing with a full deck and I never knew he was into guns until I heard about his arrest.

His problem was he was into drugs and while on something he got mad at his girlfriend, took out his machine gun and shot around her like she was in a carnival show, never hitting or harming her. The seven charges he faced were attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, discharging a weapon in the city, ... (can't remember the others) and converting a semi automatic weapon to automatic weapon. I wouldn't say the laws worked, he got caught because he was high and stupid. He could of gotten off with a four year sentence but chose to be his own attorney and got the full sentence. Since he was constantly on something, if other laws were on the books (concerning mental health)for buying guns at the time he probably wouldn't of been able to buy them in the first place.

1. As I said the victims are nameless.
2. Not to mention more convenient.
3. Sadly they are the only ones who remember.
4. I posted the ones who everyone remembers. If I had posted the victims names no one would of know who I was talking about. : hmmmmmmm..
#4. So, you perpetuate the shooters' names over the victims.

In case you haven't noticed, in these threads I always print and link the victims' names and stories whenever available.

#4. So, you perpetuate the shooters' names over the victims.

In case you haven't noticed, in these threads I always print and link the victims' names and stories whenever available.

You do? where? I must of missed them. Unfortunately, there is little to learn from the victims of these horrific crimes, but much can be gained from looking into the history and motive of the shooter, if we listen to what they or their lives are telling us. In many of these shootings they had medical conditions that caused them to do what they did. Basically they weren't of sound mind. I will end it at that.

We call it hunting here too. When you get one you harvest it and the overall season numbers are the harvest for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back