Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.

And I thought you were using the National Enquirer for this! Just to let you know the study has been shown to be a hoax.

Bigfoot DNA is Bunk | The Scientist Magazine®
www.the-scientist.com › The Scientist › The Nutshel

The Ketchum Project: What to Believe about Bigfoot DNA ...
www.csicop.org/.../the_ketchum_project...

Ketchum Bigfoot DNA paper released: Problems with ...
doubtfulnews.com/.../ketchum-bigfoot-dna-paper-released-problems-wit...

I didn't exclude the US.

Yes, I know about the First Amendment. I have a bachelor's degree in political science, and I spent almost 25 years as a professional journalist.

So that explains it.

You know, when a cop asks you if you have any weapon on you or in your car, are you going to say no even if you actually have a gun in your car because in this post of yours, you said it's not a weapon since the mind makes it a weapon?

m06pzcM.gif

The point is that a gun is a weapon, no matter what. LOL! You are so freaking funny.

The gun is a weapon, if it is USED as such. It is not a weapon on its own accord.
A rock, a knife. A stick, a hand, any object.even water can be a weapon.
It is the intent of the user. The actions of the user that makes an onbject, be it a car, plane, a gun,a knife a weapon

Why some have a hard time understanding this is anybodies guess.

Tell me
How isa rock, a knife, a gun, a car,......ect ect
Weapons on their own accord without human intent?
Pls explain

The gun is a weapon, if it is USED as such. It is not a weapon on its own accord.
It is the intent of the user. The actions of the user that makes an onbject, be it a car, plane, a gun,a knife a weapon

Tell me
Pls explain

While I completely agree that anything can be used as a weapon... When I am popped by a cop and asked to disclose weapons I will tell him of guns and knives I have on me; not the pencil or bag of books... A weapon is designed to cause bodily harm. Thus a gun is a weapon... A car and plane was designed for transportation a rock by nature... But it can be transformed into a missile thus becomes a weapon...

While I completely agree that anything can be used as a weapon... When I am popped by a cop and asked to disclose weapons I will tell him of guns and knives I have on me; not the pencil or bag of books... A weapon is designed to cause bodily harm. Thus a gun is a weapon... A car and plane was designed for transportation a rock by nature... But it can be transformed into a missile thus becomes a weapon...

Yes you will.
Due to the use of guns as weapons.
Not.because they are inherenttly somehow without human intent weapons on their own accord.

What makes an object a weapon is not design. Its intent ..
Take a newspaper...or a fork, or a book, or a rock....go assault someone with any of those objects..cause them harm....here anyway you WILL be charged with assult using a weapon....take a pencil go stick someone with it...the cops wont say..."oh shucks..... well,the pencil was designed for drawing, and not sticking peoples eyes out, so it is not a weapon".

Try it. See where it gets you....

Planes where designed for transportation.
Are you trying to have me believe those planes taking put the towers on 911. Where not weapons because they where by design for transport?

Any cop also knows very well that ANY object can be a weapon. ANY

They know very very well how cars and any motor vehicle can be used as weapons.
They dont ask you to declare your in command of a weapon ie the vehicle, but they know and are very in tune with the idea cars can.easly kill them and others if USED to do so

I want to be confinced here.

So i ask any one to demonstrate for me how a gun is inherently a weapon on its own accord without the involvment of human intent.
Thank you.

Yep, plane have been used in mass murder, just like 9-11

Yes you will.
Not.because they are inherenttly somehow without human intent weapons on their own accord.

What makes an object a weapon is not design. Its intend...
Take a newspaper...or a fork, ora book, or a rock....go assault someone with any of those object...cause them harm....here anyway you WILL be chsrged with assult using a weapon....take a pwncil go stick someone with it...the cops wont sa..."oh well,the pencil was designed for drawing, and not aticking peoples eyes out, so it is not a weapon".

Are you trying to have me believe those planes taking put the towers on 911. Where not weapona because they whwre by design for transport?

Any cop also knows very well that ANYobject can be a weapon.
They dont ask you to declare your in command of a weapon ie the vehicle, but they know and are vwry in tune with the idea cars can.easly kill them and others if USED to do so
So i ask any one to demonstrate for me how a gun is inherently a weapon on its own accord without the involvment of human intent.
Thank you.

Going of the definition of what a weapon is the gun fits all on it's own, without human intent.

A weapon is anything designed to cause bodily harm or is used to cause bodily harm.

While guns are used for sports, collection, and display. Their very conception and creation from the very first was for the sole purpose of causing bodily harm.

Therfore even a gun in a steel cage unattended by any human, it is still a weapon.

And I thought you were using the National Enquirer for this! Just to let you know the study has been shown to be a hoax.

Bigfoot DNA is Bunk | The Scientist Magazine®
www.the-scientist.com › The Scientist › The Nutshel

The Ketchum Project: What to Believe about Bigfoot DNA ...
www.csicop.org/.../the_ketchum_project...

Ketchum Bigfoot DNA paper released: Problems with ...
doubtfulnews.com/.../ketchum-bigfoot-dna-paper-released-problems-wit...

Of course it is :lol: Well, I think that the authors believe it real even if it is bad science.

Yes you will.

What makes an object a weapon is not design. Its intent ..
Take a newspaper...or a fork, or a book, or a rock....go assault someone with any of those objects..cause them harm....here anyway you WILL be charged with assult using a weapon....take a pencil go stick someone with it...the cops wont say..."oh shucks..... well,the pencil was designed for drawing, and not sticking peoples eyes out, so it is not a weapon".

Are you trying to have me believe those planes taking put the towers on 911. Where not weapons because they where by design for transport?

Any cop also knows very well that ANY object can be a weapon. ANY

They dont ask you to declare your in command of a weapon ie the vehicle, but they know and are very in tune with the idea cars can.easly kill them and others if USED to do so

Thank you.

Title II weapons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_II_weapons

Of course it is :lol: Well, I think that the authors believe it real even if it is bad science.

And when I was little I believed in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny! But I didn't write a phony study trying to prove they existed. I do remember seeing the study you were referring to in either the Enquirer or the Nation Star while I waited in line at the grocery store several years ago. It brought me a good chuckle!

Going of the definition of what a weapon is the gun fits all on it's own, without human intent.

A weapon is anything designed to cause bodily harm or is used to cause bodily harm.

While guns are used for sports, collection, and display. Their very conception and creation from the very first was for the sole purpose of causing bodily harm.

Therfore even a gun in a steel cage unattended by any human, it is still a weapon.

Fascinating
An object.....ie a gun is a weapon without and outside of human intent.
Thats. A rather large discovery...

How does this work exactly....
An object intrinsicaly being a weapon apart from human intent?

Are you certain that a thing, an object on its own accord apart from human intent can actually be something?

Do they move and load and fire themselves perhaps?
I dunno..
Im asking
This is a huge philisophical discovery...
How does this actually work?

Fascinating
An object.....ie a gun is a weapon without and outside of human intent.
Thats. A rather large discovery...

How does this work exactly....
An object intrinsicaly being a weapon apart from human intent?

Are you certain that a thing, an object on its own accord apart from human intent can actually be something?

Do they move and load and fire themselves perhaps?
I dunno..
Im asking
This is a huge philisophical discovery...
How does this actually work?

No need to be testy at me, you are better than that... I am going off of the actual definition of the word weapon... It was you who once told me how important understanding definitions were and how using them properly is the way to clear understanding...
I actually agree with you that a gun in and of itself cannot cause harm without human intervention...
But, to say a gun is not a weapon then you would have to be able to argue the terms which state that a weapon is something designed or used to create bodily harm... Then show how guns were not created with the intent of causing bodily harm...
These are facts not philosophy... Facts based on the dictionary and the history of guns...

Problem is there are studies and studies based on scientific methods and your example was not based on any known science.

Neither was yours. That what I'm saying.

Neither was yours. That what I'm saying.

It's all a matter of how you look at it. I think the good Dr. study pretty much sums it up and will be proved to be accurate over time.

It's all a matter of how you look at it. I think the good Dr. study pretty much sums it up and will be proved to be accurate over time.

I don't have a lot faith in any studies, just wait 4 or 5 years or more and I bet the "good Dr. study" will be proven wrong .

What part makes you say that? Is it the anecdotal evidence gathered from the internet by the researchers? Or the arm chair diagnosis that followed no standard protocol or even an in person interview? Perhaps it was the fact that they contradicted professional evaluations?

Tell me
Pls explain
OK, I can explain. Do you remember about the little son who accidentally shot his mother when they were shopping? So was his mind a weapon? Hell no, her gun was a weapon. If she was still alive, she would tell you that her gun is a weapon. She put it in her purse for self defense which means that she would use it to harm or kill a person(s). Therefore her gun was a weapon since she had it.

Even Dr Clare Allely says that the research does NOT mean people with ASD are more likely to be killers.

"Lead researcher, Dr Clare Allely, from the Institute of Health and Wellbeing at the University of Glasgow, said: “It is crucial to note that we are not trying to suggest that individuals with ASD or previous head trauma are more likely to be serial killers or commit serious crime. Rather we are suggesting that there may be a subgroup of individuals within these groups who may be more likely to commit serious crimes when exposed to certain psychosocial stressors.""

http://www.gla.ac.uk/news/archiveofnews/2014/may/headline_330922_en.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back