Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, if the family, friends and neighbors don't do anything we have to have something in place to protect society and these crazy people who are allowed to get a gun. Got it.
If the parents, friends and neighbors don't report crazy people to authorities or professionals then their craziness doesn't become documented. Without that documentation (proof), the law can't prohibit them from purchasing guns.

For one thing, that's what the media focuses on.

For another, since the victims in mass murders outnumber the killers it's easier for people to remember one name per incident.

The victims are not nameless or forgotten by their loved ones.

BTW, which names did you just post? The victims or the killers? :hmm:

1. As I said the victims are nameless.
2. Not to mention more convenient.
3. Sadly they are the only ones who remember.
4. I posted the ones who everyone remembers. If I had posted the victims names no one would of know who I was talking about. : hmmmmmmm..

And your saying that nobody in the United States owns any of them? Really?
Jiro didn't say that. He said they were illegal, so anyone owning them are doing so illegally. That is, from the black market, not from a legal acquisition with a background check.

If the parents, friends and neighbors don't report crazy people to authorities or professionals then their craziness doesn't become documented. Without that documentation (proof), the law can't prohibit them from purchasing guns.

AND THAT IS WHY YOU NEED A MENTAL SCREENING WHEN YOU GO TO BUY A FIREARM!!!!!!!!!!! People largely live in denial that their family members might have a mental problem, and won't report them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jiro didn't say that. He said they were illegal, so anyone owning them are doing so illegally. That is, from the black market, not from a legal acquisition with a background check.

Since they are illegal how else would someone who is a "gun nut"(collector) get their hands on one? I would guess that some of the head honcho's of the NRA own some of them.

Then the system works.

Since neither one of them own any weapons that I am aware of and their families know enough not to have any weapons in the house, than it's more of a matter of common sense than any system working.

How many (in raw numbers and percentages) "AR's" were used in mass public killings? How many hand guns? How many other guns?

Do you know what "AR" stands for?

Assault rifle. I should of gone further and said assault weapons.

Your not as confused as I am with your illogical thinking. You want to keep the status quo and let whomever want's to buy a firearm buy one no matter what their mental state is.
You are incorrect.

Letting whomever who wants to buy a firearm buy one no matter what their mental state is, is NOT the status quo.

You don't understand the law or the practice of legal gun buying and selling.

That seems to be what you and the NRA wants.
I've never been an NRA member, so you'll have to post a reference including an NRA statement that backs up your assertion.

You conveniently ignored what I post, or else you wouldn't say that.

You do realize that in over half of all the mass murders an assault type firearm was used. Just to let you know, it isn't considered a mass murder until four are killed and that doesn't include the murderer.[/QUOTE]
. . . The study found that the typical weapon used is a pistol, not an “assault weapon” like the semi-automatic AR-15 rifle. Assault weapons were used in 24.6 percent of mass shootings, handguns in 47.9 percent….

http://www.securitymagazine.com/articles/85117-crime-study-challenges-mass-shooting-myths

BTW, I would appreciate it if you would include links with your statements.

Either you have a problem with discerning reality or you enjoy lying about what others believe. Neither one helps promote your credibility.

No, I am not a creative fiction writer. I boringly stick to the facts.

The laws on the books today are basically rubber stamped or written by the NRA. They own the lawmakers and get what they want into law with their generous donations.

The laws on the books today are basically rubber stamped or written by the NRA. They own the lawmakers and get what they want into law with their generous donations.

Anyone who wants to commit evil will find a way to do it or die in the attempt.

Yes, but if they don't have access to guns, they might not be able to shoot and kill as many as they currently are doing at places like Sandy Hook, Conn., Aurora, CO, Roseburg, OR.
Like I posted--you've destroyed your credibility with your untruths.

I already answered that one.
Then you're just as guilty as the others who didn't turn in potential crazy shooters they knew.

Semi-auto rifles are not illegal for civilians. Fully-auto rifles are.

I know semi-auto is legal and full-auto is not. I talking about millitary weapon is illegal to all civilians.

You do run in a strange crowd--two "gun nuts" making illegal guns and 13 crooked cops. I'm 64 years old and I've never known anyone from either group.

That i am saying but how he know about them ? He should report cops.

Then you're just as guilty as the others who didn't turn in potential crazy shooters they knew.

Give me a break, I was 20 years old at the time and had no idea what was legal or illegal in regards to firearms, I also had absolutely zero interest in guns as I still do. Also as i said one of them died a couple years later and the other one, I have no idea where he went. These weren't friends, but rather people I met through either a friend or TTOS. Also at this time we hadn't had any of these crazy's go on a shooting rampage yet and the last thing on my mind was someone would use a weapon like this to shoot innocent people or kids at a school, church, business, movie theater, etc. If it were to happen today I wouldn't hesitate turning them in. At that time if I knew someone was crazy or was threatening to shoot someone I would of reported them, but as you know the person even today hasn't done anything until they commit the crime and the police aren't to interested in investigating could be crimes, at least mine aren't. I didn't include it earlier, but another friends son is doing a minimum of 38.5 years in prison for converting a semi automatic into an automatic weapon and also faced 6 other charges in connection with his arrest(nobody was hurt), so I now know the penalty for having such a weapon.

Like I posted--you've destroyed your credibility with your untruths.

How are they untruths? It sounds like you might be a card carrying member of the NRA!

You do run in a strange crowd--two "gun nuts" making illegal guns and 13 crooked cops. I'm 64 years old and I've never known anyone from either group.

That's probably because your among them and don't realize it. Sorry, I didn't go out of my way to find these people they just happened to cross my path and that was it. The two gun nuts I only saw a few times, and they either had other interests that coincided with mine or were a friend of a friend. The cops were also people I met because they were neighbors or friends of the neighbors or friends of other friends, I didn't go out of my way to associate with these pillars of our community. I did turn in a few of them, but surprisingly the IA dept. found no wrong doing, that was a surprise! You know Brothers in Blue!

How are they untruths? It sounds like you might be a card carrying member of the NRA!

I don't think that Reba is member of NRA but her husband is.

Including some that TCS and I own.

I found a pistol for you to match your muddy girl scatter gun :D Ruger LC9S 9mm.
Muddy-Girl-LC9s.jpg

Finally you agree with me! It's been a long and winding road to get to this point.

I never dissagreed with you on that point. I dissagree with how you want to deal with it. I am not for yearly mental screenings for all citizens. I don't think people with ASD are the problem. I also think with your kind of rules people will try to hide their illness and not get the help they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back