Oregon community college shooting, multiple casualties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gun laws need to be strict!

Gun laws need to be strict!

Trust me, it won't help so much.

We had strict gun control law that passed in 1994 and it didn't prevent the Columbine school shooting in 1999.

It is complicated right now.

:(

Before going into spinal surgery, Anastasia Boylan told her father and brother the gunman entered her classroom firing.

The professor in the class was shot point blank. Others were hit too, she told her family.

Everyone in the classroom dropped to the ground.

The gunman, while reloading his handgun, ordered the students to stand up and asked if they were Christians, Boylan told her family.

"And they would stand up and he said, 'Good, because you're a Christian, you're going to see God in just about one second,'" Boylan's father, Stacy, told CNN, relaying her account.

"And then he shot and killed them."

Boylan, 18, was hit in the back by a bullet that traveled down her spine. She is expected to survive....

Umpqua college shooting

Sick punk. You're pissed off at your girlfriend so you go and kill a bunch of innocent people. I can't even watch the news anymore....way too depressing. Like mentioned above...this is routine...what is the solution?

Back in the 70's when my oldest brother was entering high school in Southern CA, it was a totally closed high school with metal detectors. One way in, one way out. I was so afraid that one day I would probably go to that school. Our schools here in my area are all spread out. There is no way to keep a shooter from entering a campus.

Depressing!!!!!

How many tragedies do America need before gun laws are change

I confuse how many were killed? Different news report said 7 to 10 dead. I want to make sure to confirm how many.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I confuse how many were killed? Different news report said 7 to 10 dead. I want to make sure to confirm how many.

Officially 10 people died (9 victims and 1 shooter).

I don't understand about why news want include the shooter in number of killings.

I wouldn't try to guess his motive yet.

Oregon is an open carry state.

http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=290

I heard an interview on TV with one of the students that was in another building on campus during the shooting. He was a veteran sitting in the Veterans' Center at the college with other veterans. He and some of the others had concealed carry licenses, and were carrying at the time. When they heard the shots, they got up to go over there but one of the college staff stopped them from leaving the building for lockdown.
:( The veterans may had been able to get the shooter down and saved a lot of lives . When is going to stop ??? Other countries don't have a mass
shooting every other month !

I don't understand about why news want include the shooter in number of killings.

Yes, wait to see lists of names who were killed.

:tears:
too many of these

currently a school district in my area is on lockdown for threat. All schools is that district are closed and they cancelled all activities for evening<Homecoming stuff>. Just saw it on the local news.

what I saw this morning was that he allegedly asked people what religion, and if Christian- shot them in the head; if others, he shot in body

Same here ! The shooter is not one of the victim ! He was a cold blooded killer who was a damn coward killing innocent unarmed students !
This is so sicken to me , I head 20 people were killed and 20 wounded when the story first broke out .

How many tragedies do America need before gun laws are change
The gun laws don't need to change; murdurous people (and their enablers) need to either change or get taken off the streets.

At dinner last night, we were still talking about this tragedy and my sis-in-law wondered out loud if it was terrorist-based because of the local hometown hero who, along with another Marine prevented bloodshed on a train in France.....just threw that one out there, lol....

At dinner last night, we were still talking about this tragedy and my sis-in-law wondered out loud if it was terrorist-based because of the local hometown hero who, along with another Marine prevented bloodshed on a train in France.....just threw that one out there, lol....

Went though my mind to

Just found out a family member's aunt and uncle work there and another family member's neighbor was late for class but all are alright....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back