Oregon Becomes First State to Automatically Register Voters

rockin'robin

Reaction score
On Monday, Oregon became the first state to automatically register Americans to vote.

The bill signed into law by Democratic Gov. Kate Brown “puts the burden of registration on the state instead of the voters,” the Associated Press reported.

Thanks the to the new law, anyone over the age of 18 who is not already registered to vote in Oregon, but has dealt with the state’s Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division since 2013 will be mailed a ballot 20 days before the next statewide election. The state predicts that this will bring 300,000 more voters to the polls. Oregon’s DMV will share information such as age, address, and citizeship with the state’s secretary of state to automatically register those eligible to vote.

The new law passed the Oregon Senate 18-12, with all Republicans and one Democrat voting no. Higher turnout in Oregon will most likely benefit Democrats and has Republicans worried about voter fraud and costs.

“Simply because it makes us unique or makes us first does not necessarily mean that it actually improves on what we’re doing,’’ State Senator Jackie Winters (R) told the AP.

http://buzzpo.com/oregon-becomes-fi...acebook.com&utm_campaign=positivelyrepublican

how does this translate into bringing more sheep, i mean voters to choose their masters?
I get that it auto registers people but im not sure about the motive beside, the end game in trying to eventualy force everyone to participate in the con, which is a wet dream for most the bastards politicos anyway

I still no understand America is country so why don't it all do the same...it nothing like EU as someone on here seems to think

Because amarica is a union of states, each state has wide powers compared to say the uk, where most power is held in london, even now.
Its one of the strengths of the amarican system

That's good news. :)

If republicans concern about increase of voter turnout hurt their party so they need to improving their party's stance.

Unfortunately, US isn't more democracy as other countries.

London where parliament is but London not got any extra powers,MP's from all over country sit there most of uk represented there..You have union of different states it united becomes one. Tax laws total mystery buy something and tax added on not inclusive...Would really piss me if was American different parts of country doing and having different laws

I still no understand America is country so why don't it all do the same...it nothing like EU as someone on here seems to think

Because amarica is a union of states, each state has wide powers compared to say the uk, where most power is held in london, even now.
Its one of the strengths of the amarican system

Also the States are supposed to have more power over Federal. However that has slowly changed over time and Federal eventually got more power than the Founding Fathers intended. It is time for that to go back to way it is supposed to be.

You have to also consider the size of the US compared to the UK, and it's history. Before becoming part of the USA, each state was like an independent country. They didn't want to give up all their autonomy when they joined the union.

The characteristics of each state are very different one from the other, so what might work in one area wouldn't work in another.

...Would really piss me if was American different parts of country doing and having different laws
On the contrary; that's what is appealing about America. If we're not happy with life in one state we can move to another that's a better fit.

reb IF I want to move from e.g London to seaside I can same laws tax etc but better fit. Ok some difference with Scotland but nothing major.
if I commit crime in Florida I can move to NewYork or some other state with more lax laws or maybe pop into Oragan get granny euthanasia and pop back to Washington after the deed.
Odd things like police station belong to police in some states but other states police station belong FBI.Why some states have ordinary cops in blue other have state troopers in brown?.So many questions bit by bit I find out no good asking brother he always side steps
Still mystery reb as I suspect it is to others in the world.but I taken you off topic sorry

Mmmm, im sorry not sure if i follow the granny orgaon what???

reb IF I want to move from e.g London to seaside I can same laws tax etc but better fit. Ok some difference with Scotland but nothing major.
if I commit crime in Florida I can move to NewYork or some other state with more lax laws or maybe pop into Oragan get granny euthanasia and pop back to Washington after the deed.
Odd things like police station belong to police in some states but other states police station belong FBI.Why some states have ordinary cops in blue other have state troopers in brown?.So many questions bit by bit I find out no good asking brother he always side steps
Still mystery reb as I suspect it is to others in the world.but I taken you off topic sorry

Caz, I don't think you will make it out of Oregon.....:lol:

property tax? some states don't have it... some does have it. where I have... ridiculous property tax...

well if you commit a crime in Florida and you flee to another state... US Marshal, FBI, bounty hunter, etc. will hunt you down and deliver you back to Florida.

no it's not odd. every state has its own preference for uniform and coloring for their police cars and sirens that best represents their state..... and every town/city has its own preference that best represents themselves.

here... NJ State Trooper is like this -
large_troopers.JPG

and NY State Trooper is like this -
large_070709funeralDN.JPG

FBI does not have a police station... just headquarters in each state. Personally, I do not like it when I see local cops wearing military-style uniforms that looks intimidating.

If you commit a crime in Florida and escape to another state you'll be arrested by that state, and probably extradited (shipped) back to Florida for prosecution.

Odd things like police station belong to police in some states but other states police station belong FBI.
The police don't belong to the FBI. Each municipality hires its own police. Each county elects its own sheriff. States also have state-wide police forces for specific tasks, and highway patrols for traffic law enforcement on the interstate highway system. The FBI is restricted to certain classes of crime that range over more than one jurisdiction, such as crimes that involve more than one state.

Why some states have ordinary cops in blue other have state troopers in brown?.So many questions bit by bit I find out no good asking brother he always side steps
It's whatever colors and styles that agency wants. Some of it is style, some tradition, some climate, some function. In Texas, they like cowboy hats, in New Jersey, they like Sam Brown belts, in some cities they like ball caps, in the South they prefer short sleeves, etc. In Charleston, the bicycle police wear riding shorts. It wouldn't make sense for the police in Alaska to dress the same as the police in Hawaii.

No mystery. :lol:

I had to google "Sam Browne" belts... ah so that's what it's called... and it's got some interesting history

If you commit a crime in Florida and escape to another state you'll be arrested by that state, and probably extradited (shipped) back to Florida for prosecution.

The police don't belong to the FBI. Each municipality hires its own police. Each county elects its own sheriff. States also have state-wide police forces for specific tasks, and highway patrols for traffic law enforcement on the interstate highway system. The FBI is restricted to certain classes of crime that range over more than one jurisdiction, such as crimes that involve more than one state.

It's whatever colors and styles that agency wants. Some of it is style, some tradition, some climate, some function. In Texas, they like cowboy hats, in New Jersey, they like Sam Brown belts, in some cities they like ball caps, in the South they prefer short sleeves, etc. In Charleston, the bicycle police wear riding shorts. It wouldn't make sense for the police in Alaska to dress the same as the police in Hawaii.

No mystery. :lol:

Kind of a funky view but hey it worked as to the depth and breadth of America! :lol:

ND no registration

we got that beat already…no need to register here in North Dakota

Back