OpenDNS.org helps MVP?

RedWolf

Reaction score
I was wondering if OpenDNS.org can help with MVP? I just saw DNS address in the router and just wondering if I can put OpenDNS.org address into the router? Will it help to straighten out with calls? Or just port forwarding that would only work?

you mean you want No-IP or DDNS that you fed up IP-address often change diffrent number right?

I was wondering if OpenDNS.org can help with MVP? I just saw DNS address in the router and just wondering if I can put OpenDNS.org address into the router? Will it help to straighten out with calls? Or just port forwarding that would only work?

Yep, you can use the owned IP addy, registering at dyndns.org and then create your own addy name, best to use .TV for video only then go to your router admin settings, look for DDNS service on your router configures, select dyndns then enter your login information must be same on dyndns account then enter your own address and save it, the router will automatically update to the dyndns site in every hourly. if the ip changed, the router will update again.

Yep, you can use the owned IP addy, registering at dyndns.org and then create your own addy name, best to use .TV for video only then go to your router admin settings, look for DDNS service on your router configures, select dyndns then enter your login information must be same on dyndns account then enter your own address and save it, the router will automatically update to the dyndns site in every hourly. if the ip changed, the router will update again.

Thanks Power, I will give it a try and see if it works on MVP. :)

you mean you want No-IP or DDNS that you fed up IP-address often change diffrent number right?

No, I had no problem with IP address. I just wanted to see if it works on MVP using OpenDNS.org. I remember few years ago, someone from AD, one of them helped me how to use DNS through VP100. It did works well on VP100. I remember I had to log in DynDNS.org more often to update the information. I forgot it all for long time and don't want to update information along with IP address all the time.

No, I had no problem with IP address. I just wanted to see if it works on MVP using OpenDNS.org. I remember few years ago, someone from AD, one of them helped me how to use DNS through VP100. It did works well on VP100. I remember I had to log in DynDNS.org more often to update the information. I forgot it all for long time and don't want to update information along with IP address all the time.

I remember that I had used both of no-ip.com or DynDNS.org last few years ago to communicate with other VP like i2eye instead of ip address number. I now no longer use all of them. Used DynDNS for DSL only.

Back