One of key to eat will live long...

Saturated fat is hydrogenated compared to unsaturated fat. Like simple sugars, saturated fats are more prone to be readily available for fat storage than long chain unsaturated fats are. So they contribute to an increase in low density lipoproteins which is a good cause for more bad body chemistry reactions than high density lipoproteins. It's the addition of that hydrogen (hydrogen bonds are weak) that's the problem compared to the more stable double carbon bonds in unsaturated fats.

Saturated fat is hydrogenated compared to unsaturated fat. Like simple sugars, saturated fats are more prone to be readily available for fat storage than long chain unsaturated fats are. So they contribute to an increase in low density lipoproteins which is a good cause for more bad body chemistry reactions than high density lipoproteins. It's the addition of that hydrogen (hydrogen bonds are weak) that's the problem compared to the more stable double carbon bonds in unsaturated fats.

No idea what you are saying

i didnt do chemistry

Refer to Ambrosia's posts, I'm merely backing up what she is saying.

Thanks man! Not sure it's going to help, but I appreciate the effort. I still don't think he'll get it though. He seems to think that since meat is good, it's fat is too :dunno: There's a lot better choices out there for protien than bacon, hell I bet greek yogurt has more protien in it than bacon, and NO fat. If you want to build muscle you need a lot of protien, but if you want that muscle to have any definition it needs to be lean. Bacon is not going to help me get the 6 pack I've been working on, it would actually prevent me from ever getting it :giggle:

Bacon today a reputable source for whether or not bacon is healthy? That's like going to Monsanto website to find articles about whether genetically engineered food is good for you.

No, no I didn't. I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand and what you interpret. I said meat has the bad fat, not that meat is bad.

This is the problem you are having with the article you posted. It does not say that the fat in bacon is good, it says it has less total fat than "many popular" cuts of beef and chicken. Which is dubious to say the least, there are many lean cuts of beef that would have less fat than bacon and ANY cut of chicken with the skin removed would have less fat than bacon. BUT saying that it has less fat, we're talking about the same kind of fat here btw, saturated, is not the same as saying that is good fat. You have your own skewed interpretation going on that the article does not support.

OOh, and the article doesn't have to say which kind of meat, they mean meat, ALL meat. The fat in meat, all meat, is saturated. This is not something you need to eat, you will not find it on the lists of dily nutritional requirements because you are an animal, you are meat, you can and do make your own saturated fat.

If you look at body builders diets, you are NOT gong to find bacon on there. You'll find stuff like bison, lean proteins low in fat, and when they say fat, they mean saturated, I say this again, because you seem to have a hard time understanding it, the fat in meat, all meat is saturated fat.

I thought of something that might help you understand. When I'm talking about fat and meat, I'm talking about 2 different things. The meat is not the fat and the fat is not the meat. The fat can be removed from the meat, chicken, take the skin off, beef trim the fat off the sides. t's when the fat is all marbled through the meat, like in bacon, that you can't get it out and it's fatty.

This is the problem you are having with the article you posted. It does not say that the fat in bacon is good
Are you kidding me?

Go to http://www.alldeaf.com/2183049-post22.html again. It's already said that fat in bacon is good.

Nutrition-wise, we know that bacon is not the villain that it’s made out to be. Dietary saturated fat and cholesterol are good for us, and not just in moderate amounts. The stigma against saturated fat and cholesterol has strong ties and even some people in the Paleo circles still fall in the trap of fearing fat and seeking lean meat as their main source of energy. It’s important to keep in mind that fat is a great source of fuel and that it’s excess protein consumption that should be feared more than excess fat consumption. Of course, when it comes to fat, some choices are better than others. Pork’s fat, lard, is about 40% saturated, 45% monounsaturated and 12% polyunsaturated. Saturated and monounsaturated fats are the ones that should be consumed liberally, while polyunsaturated fats should be kept to a minimum. In the case of lard, the levels of polyunsaturated fat is higher than in tallow, butter fat or coconut oil, which makes it somewhat less desirable to consume in large quantities and for high-heat cooking. The fatty tissues of pork in confined production tend to be higher in total polyunsaturated fat and lower in omega-3 fatty acids, which is needed in balance with omega-6. For this reason, it might prove to be a good idea to consume fatty fish regularly or a very high-quality fish oil supplement if lard is a main constituent of your diet.

Like I said bacon is good for paleo diet.

they mean meat, ALL meat. The fat in meat, all meat, is saturated.

You forget about between processed foods and whole foods. You know that whole processed meats are very bad for you?

That's right whole meats are more health than processed meat.

Avocadoes are so yummy! I buy them often.

avocados-salad-l.jpg

You should try it with bacon.

Fresh Avocado Recipes - Sunset.com

I suggest you read whole before you said something.

High Density Lipoprotein & Diet | eHow

Trans fats, found in many processed foods, will lower HDL levels. Avoid any foods that include partially hydrogenated oils on the label. Cutting these trans fats from your diet will increase your high density lipoprotein and decrease your low density lipoproteins.

I don't understand why someone ignored subject about processed foods and whole foods and keeps think about ALL meats are SAME.

BTW I just learned new word (lipoproteins) Thank you.

I suggest you read whole before you said something.

High Density Lipoprotein & Diet | eHow

I don't understand why someone ignored subject about processed foods and whole foods and keeps think about ALL meats are SAME.

BTW I just learned new word (lipoproteins) Thank you.

I suggest you go to sources other than "bacon today" to find out whether or not saturated fat is the "bad" fat. You keep insisting that it's good because of this article, and that is no reflection on me, I know the facts. You don't, like at all. If you want to ignore them and take the word of Bacon Today, suit yourself. I already mentioned this but I'm going to do so again.......

Going to Bacon Today to find out if bacon is "good" for you is like going to the Monsanto website to find articles about whether genetically modified food is good for you.

Good luck to you, I'm done, I tried. You can lead a horse to water but you just can't make em drink. You don't understand what I'm saying, or your ignoring parts of it and putting your own spin on it. I have not said that meat is bad. I have not said that all meat is the same. I said the fat in meat is the same, saturated. The fat in it is the bad fat, I did not make up the idea that saturated fat is the bad fat.

One more time, I'm going to repeat myself again, because you didn't get it the first time.....the meat is not the fat, the fat is not the meat, we're talking about 2 different things here. Oh forget it I give up. Eat bacon at every single meal, I don't care. Hopefully you don't have a heart attack, you may gain muscle but you'll never have any defintion because you'll never cut down your own body fat eating a whole bunch of fat from another animal.

I suggest you go to sources other than "bacon today" to find out whether or not saturated fat is the "bad" fat. You keep insisting that it's good because of this article, and that is no reflection on me, I know the facts. You don't, like at all. If you want to ignore them and take the word of Bacon Today, suit yourself. I already mentioned this but I'm going to do so again.......

Going to Bacon Today to find out if bacon is "good" for you is like going to the Monsanto website to find articles about whether genetically modified food is good for you.

Good luck to you, I'm done, I tried. You can lead a horse to water but you just can't make em drink. You don't understand what I'm saying, or your ignoring parts of it and putting your own spin on it. I have not said that meat is bad. I have not said that all meat is the same. I said the fat in meat is the same, saturated. The fat in it is the bad fat, I did not make up the idea that saturated fat is the bad fat.

One more time, I'm going to repeat myself again, because you didn't get it the first time.....the meat is not the fat, the fat is not the meat, we're talking about 2 different things here. Oh forget it I give up. Eat bacon at every single meal, I don't care. Hopefully you don't have a heart attack, you may gain muscle but you'll never have any defintion because you'll never cut down your own body fat eating a whole bunch of fat from another animal.

Let me clear more. processed meat's fat are bad. Whole food's fat are good.

The truth is, whole food sources of fats are much better not only for health, but for maintaining a balanced ratio of fat. That's because fats are accompanied by carbohydrates (including fiber) and protein in whole foods.

I believe you was misunderstand about me. I never said ALL meats are good.

You just make up about bacon give a heart attack.
Bacon’s Blood Balancing Bounty: Several university and medical center studies have shown that including bacon as a regular, moderate pat of one’s diet, actually naturally works to lower the bodies blood pressure and blood sugar levels, helping to prevent and / or alleviate the effects of diabetes, as well as heart disease, stroke and heart attack.

http://www.alldeaf.com/2183040-post20.html

You just ignored that part again.

Again, you still can't explain why Pearl Cantrell 105 years old don't get heart attack after she eat bacon everyday for many years.

You just ignored that part again.

Again, you still can't explain why Pearl Cantrell 105 years old don't get heart attack after she eat bacon everyday for many years.

Of course I did, I cannot take any article from such a biased source seriously, nobody should.

Genetics man, just because something is bad for you, doesn't mean it's going to kill you. Different bodies are different, people react and process things differently. There are no absolutes, some people smoke for 50 years and don't get lung cancer, genetics. But just because it didn't contribute to her death doesn't mean it's done her any good either, and it's an absolutely ridiculous claim. I did already address this in a previous post. She may have lived to 105 despite eating it everyday, but not because of it. Do you understand the difference? What if she said she lived to be 105 because picked her boogers and ate it? She can claim anything she wants.

I eat bacon, I had bacon on my pizza yesterday, and had leftovers of it tonight. But I have no delusions about whether or not it was healthy for me, whether or not I was eating "good" fat. I'm not going to sit here and telling myself, oh it's okay bacon is good for you anyway.

Body builders, people serious about their diets eat meat, lots and lots of meat. But not bacon. They eat lean meat. You know what that means right? You realize why right? You ever heard of lean bacon? Of course not, there is literally the same amount of fat as protein in it!! Would you eat a peice of chicken or steak that had just as much fat as meat in it? Pretty gross if you think about it isn't it? OMG I said I was giving up, I just can't believe there's someone walking around in this day and age thinking that bacon is good for you, that the fat in it is good for you. 71% of the calories in bacon are from fat, only 28% of the calories are from protien, bacon is truly a horrible choice for adding more protein to your diet. There are vegetables out there with more protien in them, I think one serving of ice cream might have more protein than one serving of bacon. If you look up nutrition facts about bacon, one serving is one thin slice that's how bad it is, that it's serving size is one slice lol.

Bodybuilders eat meat, but not red meat. Chicken and turkey are about it. I have been working on lean muscle for the past 3 years and don't touch red meat except as an occasional treat. Mma fighters are the same, no red meats. Paelo is too narrow in its requirements.

Bodybuilders eat meat, but not red meat. Chicken and turkey are about it. I have been working on lean muscle for the past 3 years and don't touch red meat except as an occasional treat. Mma fighters are the same, no red meats. Paelo is too narrow in its requirements.

Interesting, didn't know that. I've never thought of the difference between white and red meat in its exercise diet usage.

Did you understand the material? I suggest you reread what I posted or get familiar with a subject before you make recommendations.

Did you understand the processed food? I suggest you re-read whole this thread again. It's already explained again and again.

Processed food: Such sugars are generally labeled as sugar, corn syrup, glucose, cane juice, brown sugar, sucrose, fructose, and powdered sugar.

Whole foods do not have any unnecessary added sugars and salt.

Back