Olympics Rule Change: Transgender Males Will Be Allowed To Compete As Women

hoichi

Reaction score
interesting..

though i question the fairness towards women..as if one does grow up a male then switches the person still has acquired strength, upper body strength and bone density for years as a male that does differ then a womens aquisition and retention of the same. this gives a very real upper hand in sports heavily dependent on the use of violence like boxing..or even judo for that matter..

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/01/333648-2/

Very unfair competition. Why do they think they have separate competitions for men and women in the first place? Their bodies are different. Hoichi mentioned some of the ways. There is also the basic structure of the skeleton. How else do they think forensic medical examiners are able to determine the sex of a person thru just the bones they find?

Next thing we know, the Olympics will get rid of the male/female competition categories completely. :(

Does this go the other way as well?

One would think.

The subject line confused me as "transgender male" means female to male while transgender female means male to female.

So should have read "
Olympics Rule Change: Transgender Females Will Be Allowed To Compete As Women"

Also.. these days many transgender individuals are starting their transitions a LOT earlier than before. If one starts at 18, the physical make up will probably be the same as a female regarding muscles and strength...since 18 is the age when one can start hormones. Under 18 hormone blockers are used to stop puberty and put it in a dormant stage.

Doesn't mean all trans women will be able to beat the pants off cis women. Pretty sure there are some female born females who can outdo males in sports....

Doesn't mean all trans women will be able to beat the pants off cis women. Pretty sure there are some female born females who can outdo males in sports....

True, but the guidelines say that hormone levels only have to be lowered for a year and biological differences matter. This is not off the streets or barbecue game...

One would think.

The subject line confused me as "transgender male" means female to male while transgender female means male to female.

So should have read "
Olympics Rule Change: Transgender Females Will Be Allowed To Compete As Women"

Also.. these days many transgender individuals are starting their transitions a LOT earlier than before. If one starts at 18, the physical make up will probably be the same as a female regarding muscles and strength...since 18 is the age when one can start hormones. Under 18 hormone blockers are used to stop puberty and put it in a dormant stage.

regardless of the confusing title.

you miss the point.
entirely

you give reasons.
but none of them address the fundamentals of fairness.

so the question is regarding sports anyway.

does growing up a male and gaining the attributes of a male body which those who grow up female do not acquire, in any way help the competitor in sports such as an example, boxing gain an advantage over those they are competing with who never grew up male, in the same wieght class, under the same rules of play?

we should understand from the start that physical differences actually DO exist. (contrary to popular ideas these days)

their is a fundamental reason why we do not imprison both males and females.

and that actually boils down to the physical differences, not so much the sex between them, alas sex is ever present anyway..

males physical make up gives them an advantage in a place such prison.

same goes for sports that are violence bases..ie boxing, kickboxing, ect ect

indeed some females can outplay and out do males in sports..
thats not the question

the question is one of fairness not one of who can beat who? sometimes..

don't get me wrong i know the female body very well, ive prepped women for competition i've fought women. i know what they can do

but the discussion isnt about them
its about those transitioning from as an example a male, to a women..

so
does growing up male and gaining the attributes of a male body as well as its bone density and upper body strength in any way give them advantage over those who did not grow up a male and gain those attributes while competing in sports such as an example boxing? or kickboxing? freestyle or greco roman wrestling, mma,

the question is one of advantage and fairness.

since sports are based on the ideals of fair play and fairness
the question really cant be ignored

Have Floyd hit you. Then Rhonda. No comparison. :D

Bruce Jenner misses competing in the Olympics so he wanted to return but as a woman this time.

The guidelines say that those who've transitioned from female to male can compete without restriction whereas those who've transitioned from male to female have restrictions but they seem to be focusing on testosterone levels. Hormone levels and muscle density aside, men and women have different proportions don't they? Like men tend to be taller and have a slightly longer reach? I would think that would have some significant impacts on how they perform for events like swimming, running, or martial arts.

Back